Biggest negative modifiers to melee attack?

Creaphis

So I've got a character in sort of an unusual situation.

I'm trying to do as many quests as possible, but without ever gaining even a single point of constitution experience. Part of the plan is to beat Demon Slayer by killing Delrith with rings of recoil. However, Delrith is not aggressive, and the only way to get Delrith to attack you is to first attack him with silverlight. (The game does not allow you to attack with any other melee weapon, or with any spell or range attack, as far as I know - neither attacking with a rubber chicken or with the curse spell is possible). So, if I am going to anger Delrith by hitting him with silverlight, I'd like to be reasonably sure that I'll hit a 0, thus avoiding xp gain. I can use beer to lower my attack to 0, but Silverlight still has positive attack bonuses, so: does anybody know about any obscure wearable items (other than weapons) with negative melee attack bonuses or a negative melee strength bonus?

So far I've found the farseer helm, the archer helm, the ranger hat (from Barbarian Assault), and the Armadyl set, but those are all difficult/impossible for me to use for different reasons.

kindness.png

Aha that's pretty interesting, does it really matter if you gain a max of 4 experience though?

I was going to suggest the chicken, but you can only attack with silver light I guess.

I don't mean to be rude but I your signature is not very pleasant to look at :unsure:

Aha that's pretty interesting, does it really matter if you gain a max of 4 experience though?

I was going to suggest the chicken, but you can only attack with silver light I guess.

I don't mean to be rude but I your signature is not very pleasant to look at :unsure:

Yes it matters, gosh darn it! "1000 xp" is a very pretty number to look at.

Well okay, it doesn't really matter. But still, I want to be able to do this elegantly; the enjoyment I get from this is the enjoyment of finding clever ways to get past these obstacles flawlessly (ie. without gaining any xp at all). Doing a sloppy job of something isn't as much fun and therefore there isn't really a point to it.

Also you're right, this signature is about 6 years too old. I'll take care of it.

kindness.png

flowers give -50 to crush

berserker necklace gives -10 to crush

toss in an archer helm for -5 and you have -65 crush atk bonnus

that should be low enough that you will never hit.

Did you not read the first post? To get the demon to attack you first, you have to attack with silverlight first. After that you can just do nothing and let recoils kill it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I have 82 Attack, and with a godsword and super attacks I still hit heaps of 0's. I don't know what you're worrying about. I hope we're using the same algorithm for attack >_<

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I have 82 Attack, and with a godsword and super attacks I still hit heaps of 0's. I don't know what you're worrying about. I hope we're using the same algorithm for attack >_<

Well, he's attack a lvl 7 or something Demon...you probably fight much higher levelled foes.

Nah, not on like abberents or something. Comparitivly, level for level, I'm hitting worse. Maybe it's my luck :S

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Well, you only need to hit once for that initial hit, right? After that you can just let it attack you with auto-retaliate off. So any weapon + beers to lower attack will do.

Berserker necklace is the only thing I can think of other than what you've already listed. Also the dungeoneering shields but I'm guessing those are a no go as well.

Ooh, the berserker necklace looks very useful for my purposes. No level requirements, and it's (relatively) affordable. Thanks a lot!

flowers give -50 to crush

berserker necklace gives -10 to crush

toss in an archer helm for -5 and you have -65 crush atk bonnus

that should be low enough that you will never hit.

Did you not read the first post? To get the demon to attack you first, you have to attack with silverlight first. After that you can just do nothing and let recoils kill it.

Haha, technically I haven't even tested the second half of this plan. I'm hoping I can just do nothing and let recoils kill it.

Off topic, but in case anybody's interested: it seems that you can lower all defense modifiers (except for summoning defense) to -40 by equipping the orb of oculus and berserker necklace together. That could come in handy if you ever feel like dying faster.

kindness.png

I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Isn't it the other way around? As in it needs to be your last hit?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Isn't it the other way around? As in it needs to be your last hit?

I'm not sure, i was just going off what was said in the original post.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]