I just want to find out what you guys think . . .

Evilperson

Sorry I haven't responding in a while, but my net has just been down for a while and I had just gotten my wisdom teeth out (to lazy to fix it)

@ Weez, if you do not consider the INITIAL reason we invaded Iraq (WoMD) then yes, we aren't being imperialistic. But in my view it is, and I think just that because it wasn't a possible answer from the key and she didn't agree with it makes it wrong. But is that fair? Part of life is allowed and honoring other peoples beliefs, and it is pretty sad that some people won't *cough*christians*cough*

As for the #2 part it is like giving a paper at the end of class, making it due tomorrow and the paper saying "Draw a picture of the US" and then the teacher marking it wrong for not including the other countries. I admit it was a jerkoff thing to do, but i still find it unreasonable to grade the question differantly that it was asked, WITHOUT informing the students that in fact a change had occured.

And also i would like to point out i think t and f questions are some of the most ridiclous ways to find out if a student did the reading/homework or not.

And the homework, its the exact opposite in college, homework doesnt count at all. And they are supposed to be preparing us for college

Okay folks, how about another example: :roll: .

I was sick for 1 day and i missed a movie. She told me i had to stay after (we only had 1 day because it was in the library) and make it up. Low and behold i had to get my teeth out. I said i coulnd't and she said i should just answer what i can for not full credit(Not like I would have gotten it anyways). Giving 1 day to make it up and that day being PYSICALLy impossible is quite ridiculous.

I would like to point out that i handle these situations with her in a calm matter (maybe being a little sarcastic) but not raising my voice or accusing her.

I usually don't have a problem with teachers, but in my opinion she shouldnt be teaching anymore

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

Guest GhostRanger
@ Weez, if you do not consider the INITIAL reason we invaded Iraq (WoMD) then yes, we aren't being imperialistic. But in my view it is, and I think just that because it wasn't a possible answer from the key and she didn't agree with it makes it wrong. But is that fair? Part of life is allowed and honoring other peoples beliefs, and it is pretty sad that some people won't *cough*christians*cough*

Show us your paper and we'll see if you made a valid point. If you didn't, which are not making now then you deserved an F.

Part of life is allowed and honoring other peoples beliefs, and it is pretty sad that some people won't *cough*christians*cough*

What was the point in that? Sounds to me like your the one that cant honor other people's belief's :roll: .

Part of life is allowed and honoring other peoples beliefs, and it is pretty sad that some people won't *cough*christians*cough*

That's not hypocritical in any way, shape, or form.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Guest GhostRanger

What was the point in that? Sounds to me like your the one that cant honor other people's belief's :roll: .

Oh the irony...

"We should honor other people's beliefs...except for Christians. We should publicly criticize Christians...but honor everyone's belief as well..."

We have no idea what you wrote, so we can't say whether or not you answered the question. And if you were wondering, I am against the war-- but our invasion of Iraq does not fall under imperialism.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

1) On a paper we had to write about imperialism and give an example.

I wrote the definition of imperialism and wrote about how the United States invaded Iraq to protect oil interests there and so forth. She does not agree with me (stupid pro bush teacher that thinks that only her view is right) and I fail the assignment.

:? Thats a poor answer to me. It does not really say imperialism, cause i dont think its actuly proven that they were only after the oil, and anyways, its not imperialism because iraq is still its own country, and not part of the US.

Britan is a more Grade A example. It had an empire all over the world.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Guest GhostRanger

1) On a paper we had to write about imperialism and give an example.

I wrote the definition of imperialism and wrote about how the United States invaded Iraq to protect oil interests there and so forth. She does not agree with me (stupid pro bush teacher that thinks that only her view is right) and I fail the assignment.

:? Thats a poor answer to me. It does not really say imperialism, cause i dont think its actuly proven that they were only after the oil, and anyways, its not imperialism because iraq is still its own country, and not part of the US.

Britan is a more Grade A example. It had an empire all over the world.

I would go with the Mongolian Empire though...their haphazard empire was just awesome :P

That's life dude. My friend had a teacher that simply refused to give As unless you did extra credit. Her grading scale was this

0-70 F

70-80 D

80-90 C

90-100 B

100-105 A-

106+ A

And the tests were extremly hard, average score was an 80 or so. The teacher belived that since "C " is defined as average, over half of the class should get a C. The school board let her do what she wanted.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Oh the irony...

"We should honor other people's beliefs...except for Christians. We should publicly criticize Christians...but honor everyone's belief as well..."

Thats not what i meant at all, just giving an example of christians not being ones to tolerate other religions well ex: Your going to hell if you don't join thier specific group, abortion is bad, you must listen to what we want even though your life style doesnt affect us, down with gays.

Thats getting off the topic, but i just had to show you what meant

Straight from M-W.

One entry found for imperialism.

Main Entry: imÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷peÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷riÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷alÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ism

Pronunciation: im-'pir-E-&-"li-z&m

Function: noun

1 : imperial government, authority, or system

2 : the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas; broadly : the extension or imposition of power, authority, or influence

- imÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷peÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷riÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷alÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ist /-list/ noun or adjective

- imÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷peÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷riÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷alÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷isÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷tic /-"pir-E-&-'lis-tik/ adjective

- imÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷peÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷riÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷alÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷isÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷tiÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷calÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Now to me that describes what were and are doing in iraq. If we really did go there to get A) WoMD then mission accomplished, B) Over throw Sadam, Mission accomplished, or C) Setup a government for them, then mission accomplished.

thus leaving to mind what other reasons. . . ah yes economics. . .aka oil.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

I just posted something on the wrong topic (this one)... uh I guess I can come up with an arguement on the spot since I can't delete this post...

The US coming in for oil makes no sence. First off we spent over 50 billion on the war and reconstruction. 50 billion $$$ is a lot. I don't think selling oil will pay off. Especially because were not even producing oil there. Iraqi oil output has fell 50 some percent since the invasion, and guess what Iraqis are still in control of the shipments and they are the only ones getting the profit, not the US. :roll:

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

1. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s bad that she judges your political view on a paper like that. Maybe you didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t work it out correctly?

2. was just an action your average know-it-all would do, so don't talk yourself out of this: you knew what you had to do but you didn't do it.

3. There is nothing wrong with nit-picky teachers, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d rather have an 8/10 at a nit-picky teacher than a 10/10 at a teacher that only looks at it half as good, what do you learn from that? About the second part of this thing, I should take it to the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâbossÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ of my grade department (like the boss of al 5th graders or w/e, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what grade you are in).

4. You didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t study properly for your test and you answered 5 true or false questions wrong, or? I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really get it, what are you trying to say? She changed your answers or?

Too me it seems a bit farfetched and to me it seems like you put it here like there is only one truth, so IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m wondering what the complete story is. But since itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s highly unlikely that your teacher browses these forums I will probably never know that. Instead of questioning your teacher when you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get straight AÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s, start questioning yourself, in the end you are the one who must do it.

[edit]Some teachers are extra hard on their students because they are in love with them, did you ever consider this? :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!