Help out a noob smither :)

Tainaith

Hi all!

I have just reached 99 wc (which wasn't even really a personal goal) and I've been looking at raising my smithing level for various purposes.

If, for some reason my siggy doesn't work, my Smithing level is 55--I would like to raise it to at least 75+, with a maximum budget of 50m for whatever I can get to. What method should I choose? I prefer speed over cost, btw, but please include any reliable methods.

Thanks in advance for all help! :D

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

gold ores with goldsmithing gauntlets until you can do addy plates, then addy plates with SC hams would be the fastest.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

if cost truly isn't an issue for you, then platebodies is always the fastest way (the highest kind you can make). Though for most people it is usually worth it to use stealing creation hammers with that method, you don't have to if you feel that the time spent doing sc is not worth what you are saving.

EDIT: even though you said that you prefer speed over cost, smithing gold bars with the goldsmith gaunts from family crest is a fairly good alternative (but not as fast as plates)

goro_fujita.png

Why do you want this level? That motivation could make a difference in how much of a cost you might want to undertake.

Platebodies are nice for speed, processing many bars at once, but they're also significant loss.

An alternative you might want to consider is smithing either knives or unfinished bolts. These tend to be somewhat less of a loss because they are directly used, rather than platebodies generally becoming alchemy fodder. Granted, you only do one bar at a time, but you can still incorporate SC hammers and get a nice exp rate out. Check specific prices for market conditions before you start.

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

smelt gold ores @ a furnace while simultaneously superheating the ores

^^ i believe this is the most efficient method atm.

That sounds way too "efficient" for the average person.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

smelt gold ores @ a furnace while simultaneously superheating the ores

^^ i believe this is the most efficient method atm.

Superheating while mining is better, but only if you care about mining and magic xp. I'd really recommend this if you ever plan on getting mining up.

Platebodies still beat superheat + smith gold for high incomes, FYI.