Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's With Santa Hats?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Zephy
[ Display Name History ]

Zephy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 281 posts
Santa was 25m when I quit. Looking at the graph, it seems it was reasonably stable around 30m for a while. What's with that sudden spike into the 60s/70s some months ago? Is it likely to fall soon? Ever?

I don't think I'd be willing to put 70m into buying one. 25 seemed bad enough. If it comes back down after I finish my other goals, I'd consider it. What are everyone's thoughts on this happening?
Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

Posted Image

pgmr185
[ Display Name History ]

pgmr185

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 285 posts
A price manipulation clan must be buying them out. Pretty soon the leaders of the clan will dump them and all of the other "investors" are going to lose a lot of money when they are stuck with unsellable Santas.

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
They started crashing today

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Ive been slowly working on getting a santa. I say slowly because ive done no active money making methods, just things like MTK or byproducts of training skills (mainly for xp over money)

My Bank is worth about 46mil and i could get to the 70mil i would need fairly soon however i do not believe this rise is natural and i expect it to crash sooner or later. I dont expect santas to be stable past 40-50mil forever. I think their being sold for more then their worth at the moment (of course i could be wrong)

I agree with you, finish your goals first then work on it because its likely to crash. I will continue getting money the slow way (slow is not as slow as you expect i still make millions a week off MTK among other easy methods with little to no effort) and if i get my cash pile to around 80mil (this should take a few months at the rate im going) and santas have not crashed ill consider getting one (after some research on their price of course).

My advice to you is do the same thing. Take your time working to buy one and in the case that the price of santas are not being manipulated then work to get one for the 70mil their at.

Edit: Posted Image

I have no doubt that its being manipulated by a clan, or other group of merchents. Wait for the crash to come before buying

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts
Don't expect them to ever go below 60M again

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

Don't expect them to ever go below 60M again

I still find 60M to be reasonable.

However there is no way that santas values are 70M+

calcarb
[ Display Name History ]

calcarb

X-TET

• Members
  • 1,181 posts
  • RSN:Calcarb
  • Clan:Secure Haven
Just thought I would let you know I bought my Santa around this time last year for 14m yes 14m :D

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

Just thought I would let you know I bought my Santa around this time last year for 14m yes 14m :D

I reget not getting mine years ago like you. Oh well I couldve got a green mask for 900k too but w/e

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab
I do know that, ever since that Avatar picture thing came out, most rares started skyrocketing.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Zephy
[ Display Name History ]

Zephy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 281 posts

I do know that, ever since that Avatar picture thing came out, most rares started skyrocketing.

Sorry. Which what?
Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

Posted Image

Gilformen
[ Display Name History ]

Gilformen

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • RSN:Vilya
  • RSN '07:Vilya
  • Clan:nah
damnit. avatar made rares rise? i hate you james cameron.

Posted Image
32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming
14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Quorra
[ Display Name History ]

Quorra

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • RSN:Resistian
Santas are that high because Chessy018 has over 2000 of them.

bGmskuB.gif

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Stringcheze

Santas are that high because Chessy018 has over 2000 of them.

That's not even 5% of the traded santas. She has little market power, it's just unintelligent people who scream and shout like the above poster cause panic.

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
A certain player called Chessy018 ran a manipulation clan, obtained 2.1b gp, and brought as many Santas as possible. (This isn't a joke either)

Thus a panic was caused, so people started stocking up on them and lead to a HUUUUUUGE price increase. (Right before i could buy one)

Popoto.~<3

Zebest605
[ Display Name History ]

Zebest605

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • RSN:Zebest605
  • RSN2:Zeb Skiller
  • Clan:Shane xi

Santa was 25m when I quit. Looking at the graph, it seems it was reasonably stable around 30m for a while. What's with that sudden spike into the 60s/70s some months ago? Is it likely to fall soon? Ever?

I don't think I'd be willing to put 70m into buying one. 25 seemed bad enough. If it comes back down after I finish my other goals, I'd consider it. What are everyone's thoughts on this happening?

Since then, people have been buying out santa hats, making them rise in rarity. This rarity has made the price shoot up, which is generally normal. Although they first rose when the Santa suit from the Christmas event a couple of years back came out, Since then Santa hats have rose steadily.

I don't think i would hope to invest in a lower price of the current price, as it is unlikely that it would drop to your expectation.

But, don't lose hopes though, as before christmas it usually drops, then shoots up in November and December. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users