What's With Santa Hats?

Zephy

Santa was 25m when I quit. Looking at the graph, it seems it was reasonably stable around 30m for a while. What's with that sudden spike into the 60s/70s some months ago? Is it likely to fall soon? Ever?

I don't think I'd be willing to put 70m into buying one. 25 seemed bad enough. If it comes back down after I finish my other goals, I'd consider it. What are everyone's thoughts on this happening?

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

A price manipulation clan must be buying them out. Pretty soon the leaders of the clan will dump them and all of the other "investors" are going to lose a lot of money when they are stuck with unsellable Santas.

I do know that, ever since that Avatar picture thing came out, most rares started skyrocketing.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

damnit. avatar made rares rise? i hate you james cameron.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

A certain player called Chessy018 ran a manipulation clan, obtained 2.1b gp, and brought as many Santas as possible. (This isn't a joke either)

Thus a panic was caused, so people started stocking up on them and lead to a HUUUUUUGE price increase. (Right before i could buy one)

Popoto.~<3

Santa was 25m when I quit. Looking at the graph, it seems it was reasonably stable around 30m for a while. What's with that sudden spike into the 60s/70s some months ago? Is it likely to fall soon? Ever?

I don't think I'd be willing to put 70m into buying one. 25 seemed bad enough. If it comes back down after I finish my other goals, I'd consider it. What are everyone's thoughts on this happening?

Since then, people have been buying out santa hats, making them rise in rarity. This rarity has made the price shoot up, which is generally normal. Although they first rose when the Santa suit from the Christmas event a couple of years back came out, Since then Santa hats have rose steadily.

I don't think i would hope to invest in a lower price of the current price, as it is unlikely that it would drop to your expectation.

But, don't lose hopes though, as before christmas it usually drops, then shoots up in November and December. :)