Turmoil or Overloads?

edwardelric87

Should I sell my green mask to buy turmoil, overloads, or just keep it until it rises even more?

If you actually want it, keep it.

If you only bought it as an investment, it's pretty safe to assume that it'll rise forever, but as you're going to have to sell it at some point and you don't have enough cash to reach your goals, you might as well convert it into cash (assuming you have enough junk to get it's street price).

Otherwise, from what I hear (I don't have either) herb > pray (at higher levels)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

91 herby here and very glad i got it before prayer.

herby very much > prayer

but then again yak > overloads

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

Not sure. I use both alot. Maybe herblore, if you can get 99 and make a ton of overloads in the process.

99 isnt mandatory though, must admit i saw your post on 99 herby and when you got it you must admit your overloads cost A LOT less than nowadays do.

From my point of view I can stew overloads for when i have to use them in small portions, ffa bandos (with friends) /arma with friends/corp (i dont do it)/and then have 2k extreme pure sets in my bank + others.

WIth todays prices though unless anyone is 300m+ to advise getting 99 on overloads is just daft, 90 (not really +6 is to rare) - 95 is perfectly good esp for the cost per level.

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

Yeah, it seems overloads aren't that good anymore. When I made them, they were one of the cheapest options, and I ended up with a useful pot, so it was win-win.

It's just that, if you have 92 herblore, you don't really care about the xp you get when making overloads, so each overload will really cost you 75k gp, or whatever it is now. While I payed 45-50k for it, it did help me to get 99, and any other option would have costed me the same, without giving me the overloads as by product.

I wouldn't be so keen on using overloads if I had to cough up 75k for every 15 minutes. Now I'm using them on anything. I don't have normal extremes :-)

In any case, I would defintely advise making a few k spec restore pots. They are quite cheap gp/xp (still 28 lol), but they are actually pretty useful, especially if you have claws.

edit: extreme attacks are only 26 gp/xp, that's pretty nice too! But still, I checked overloads and they are 32 gp/xp. You can probably get it down to 30 if you buy your ingredients smart. Brews are still 29... Range pots are only 21 though (but I think that's temporary). Let's say you pay 8 gp/xp more for overloads, and you start at lvl 90. That's only 60-64M extra. I think that is very reasonable for a lifetime supply of overloads + you save some hours. (roughly 15h for 99 if you are a zarfot, compared to 30-40, so you can make another 50M in those +-25h).

I use turmoil A LOT more than I use overloads(Not much point actually getting 96, by the way).

The only times when the boost from extreme to overload is really worthwhile are soloing or free for all.

I would go for soulsplit, extremes, turmoil, and then finally overloads.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I'm a hardcore slayer, and training to be a boss'er, so would turmoil be better or overloads?

1- i never used overload for slayer, but i did with turmoil/soul split.

2- High prayer is constant avialable with no extra cost, overload ability comes now at high use cost. that makes prayer a first step to go and use to get second one.

3- overloads are ok for some boss hunting and not all. Atm, since whole my team didn't get it all, i'm stuck either with forums or no overload bosses... or solo. All in all, that herby is done but not that 'hyper' important.

overload uses : corp, gwd solo.

prayer use : all !

Oh baby light the dark side...

I honestly don't see the fuss with prayer, turmoil is just marginally better than piety and you wont use soul split much at bosses if at all. Meanwhile overloads provide you with the ability to camp a monster for as long as you have them because you can use brews without draining your stats. I wish I had a yak though as that seems to beat both overloads and turmoil.

Turmoil, no doubt

Turmoil uses = Pking, slayer, bosshunting.

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet