Magic Training

thunderlord

After I reach my 99 mining goal, I want to get my magic up (lvl 96 at least)

however, I was wondering what would be the best way to train magic.

I used to alch/superheat but I guess that there are faster things than that.

Amulet Stringing

I heard things about the rogue dealer nerved.

Is it still possible to sell strung ammies to him?

How fast and how expensive is it?

Plank make

Another method I heard off

Which plank is the best to make?

How fast and Expensive is it?

If anyone knows other good methods I would like to hear them ^^

After I finished mining I'll have about ~40m in cash and a Drag pickaxe to sell, So a total of ~55mil (I would preferably keep my dragon pickaxe and keep some money for 75 crafting)

I have also finished Dream Mentor

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Stringing ammys is very expensive but is fairly quick, you need 80 magic to do this. I just spent 8m on 92-94. You can still sell to the Rouge in Varrok he now buys them at low alch value.

80-99 Magic when stringing ammys is 134k casts. You get most the cash back for the ammys but you will lose the money on the runes.

swordfight2.png

swordfight2.png

Quest Cape - Combat 94, Done Grandmaster Quest - 27/11/08, Combat 115

Godwars: 1 Sara hilt, 1 Bandos hilt, Bandos boots, 2x Steam battlestaff, Zammy spear, 6 Shards.

Dks: 1 worrior, 1 axe

Stringing ammys is very expensive but is fairly quick, you need 80 magic to do this. I just spent 8m on 92-94. You can still sell to the Rouge in Varrok he now buys them at low alch value.

80-99 Magic when stringing ammys is 134k casts. You get most the cash back for the ammys but you will lose the money on the runes.

hmm.. That's a shame :( at least I can sell them..

At the cost of 390 gp for each cast, 80-99 would cost me ~50mill, which leaves me at almost no budget :(

How long does 1 cast take? is 1 cast 1 inventory, or 1 amulet? and do i have to click each amulet individually?

Is plank making a good method of training magic? and is it cheaper than string amulet?

thankss :thumbsup:

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

I've heard Plank Make (Mahogany) is cheaper and around the same xp/h as string amulet.

BUT

It will require a lot more concentration and a wrist of steel.

( No personal experience in this matter, simply offering the advice posted from previous Magic advice threads ).

2eprbpj.png

Bursting/Barraging rock lobs is very good xp, and gets u charms for summoning, but it is very expensive. Can't really say how much 96 mage would cost.

slaykan.png Good Timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.

images-1.jpgThere is dignity in suffering, nobility in pain, but failure is a salted wound, that burns over and over again.

I've heard after level 80, Stunalching (casting stun on zombies downstairs in the magic guild and alching while it casts) is 180k/h. Well, about that. I've tried it myself and I know I got well over 100k, but I didn't really time myself properly.

If you're going to try it, wear full rune with mud staff and bring the rest of the runes.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

How long does 1 cast take? is 1 cast 1 inventory, or 1 amulet? and do i have to click each amulet individually?

Is plank making a good method of training magic? and is it cheaper than string amulet?

Its one click for the entire ivn, A ivn will take ~50-60 seconds each including banking.

Plank make is much cheaper but its one click per cast. So its painful on the wrists. :ohnoes:

swordfight2.png

swordfight2.png

Quest Cape - Combat 94, Done Grandmaster Quest - 27/11/08, Combat 115

Godwars: 1 Sara hilt, 1 Bandos hilt, Bandos boots, 2x Steam battlestaff, Zammy spear, 6 Shards.

Dks: 1 worrior, 1 axe

Bursting/Barraging rock lobs or just do in soul wars since the HUGE numbers of people will allow you to maximize xp, plus it's megafun

Mega-fun and you can spend SW points on Magic.

BUT

You will miss out on A LOT of charms, therefore: Rock Lobsters > SW.

( Although I would still recommend either Plank Make or String Jewellery for you. )

2eprbpj.png

Mkay,

So, String jewellery is 1 click for each inv. but the spell is used 27 times?

Bursting lobs sounds useful to me, because I plan to get summoning up in the future (bunyip :))

For now I think I'm gonna do a mix of bursting/stringing and alching/superheating

I'm also planning on doing some barrows, but i don't think waving the brothers gives me much xp xD

btw, breaking benjamin <3:

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Mkay,

Bursting lobs sounds useful to me, because I plan to get summoning up in the future (bunyip :))

For now I think I'm gonna do a mix of bursting/stringing and alching/superheating

I'm also planning on doing some barrows, but i don't think waving the brothers gives me much xp xD

Maybe if you did Plank-Make/String-Jewellery/Alching to lvl 80, then from there use all your funds on Bursting Rock Lobsters you might reach a decent level. I don't think you would reach 94-96, but it will be well worth it in the long term, and the charms aquired should get you well over 68 summoning for the Bunyip.

A fan! :thumbsup:

2eprbpj.png

Mkay,

Maybe if you did Plank-Make/String-Jewellery/Alching to lvl 80, then from there use all your funds on Bursting Rock Lobsters you might reach a decent level. I don't think you would reach 94-96, but it will be well worth it in the long term, and the charms aquired should get you well over 68 summoning for the Bunyip.

A fan! :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me :) Stupid me forgot about one thing.. I say that I have 55mill at max, But i forgot that i have acces to one of the best money makin sources in the game. Rune mining :mrgreen:

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Mkay,

So, String jewellery is 1 click for each inv. but the spell is used 27 times?Yes, one click to cast the spell (will ask how many i think) and then will auto cast the inventory

Bursting lobs sounds useful to me, because I plan to get summoning up in the future (bunyip :))(might as well do bursting since everyone needs charms)

goro_fujita.png

Sounds good to me :) Stupid me forgot about one thing.. I say that I have 55mill at max, But i forgot that i have acces to one of the best money makin sources in the game. Rune mining :mrgreen:

While you're achieving your 99 mining goal, you could always do flipping/investing (I prefer flipping) to increase your cash pile. I'd say with around 30-40m start up cash you could make 0.5-1M, hardly trying.

Simply go to the GE, place your offers. Once they buy, put them up for sale (for a higher price, obviously) and you've got around 4 hours or so to go mine.

I know people are wary of trying to flip over the GE, but it's very easy to do as long as you pick commonly traded items, e.g. Barrows, Dragon Bones, Runes, Ores, Bars, Dragon Boots, Dragon Platelegs...etc. Just buy them a few gp under medium and sell for over medium.

For advice on good flipping items, you can always go to 'Rune Tips Cc'. They are very friendly and helpful, and are NOT a manipulation clan of any sort.

This should increase your budget considerably. I'm not sure how much 55M can get you to in terms of Magic XP through bursting due to no experience in the subject myself, but I'm sure it would get you fairly high (90+).

2eprbpj.png

While you're achieving your 99 mining goal, you could always do flipping/investing (I prefer flipping) to increase your cash pile. I'd say with around 30-40m start up cash you could make 0.5-1M, hardly trying.

Simply go to the GE, place your offers. Once they buy, put them up for sale (for a higher price, obviously) and you've got around 4 hours or so to go mine.

I know people are wary of trying to flip over the GE, but it's very easy to do as long as you pick commonly traded items, e.g. Barrows, Dragon Bones, Runes, Ores, Bars, Dragon Boots, Dragon Platelegs...etc. Just buy them a few gp under medium and sell for over medium.

For advice on good flipping items, you can always go to 'Rune Tips Cc'. They are very friendly and helpful, and are NOT a manipulation clan of any sort.

This should increase your budget considerably. I'm not sure how much 55M can get you to in terms of Magic XP through bursting due to no experience in the subject myself, but I'm sure it would get you fairly high (90+).

I never did this before, but might give it a try

So, for example it works like this?

I have an item on G.E with med. price 10, min price 5, and max price 15

I buy the item for 7gp, and sell it overnight for 13 gp?

Btw, thanks for your help so far ^^

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

I never did this before, but might give it a try

So, for example it works like this?

I have an item on G.E with med. price 10, min price 5, and max price 15

I buy the item for 7gp, and sell it overnight for 13 gp?

That's the basic jist of it, yes. But considering the tens of millions your cash pile consists of I would recommend going for the higher end stuff.

Here's an example:

Dragon Boots: -17.3k (today)

Medium Price: 483.3k

-From looking at the graph it seems they should have a nice bounce (rise in price), and thanks to the recent drop you should be able to buy them for about 10k under medium.

-Considering the maximum you can buy is 10/4h, buy 10 at around 470k-475k.

-These can then sell for around 485k-490k overnight or in the next four hours, equalling to a nice 100k-200k profit having used less than 5m of your cash pile and only 1 spot in your grand exchange offer boxes.

-This sort of technique multiplied by 3-5 offers at one time can equal 1m+ overnight / in 4 hours.

-Also note Dragon Boots are quite low in price (>500k). If I had used something a little more pricey (e.g. Dharok Helmet) OR something that can be bought in bulk (e.g. 10k Dragon Bones/4h) then the profit would increase dramatically. But also take not it is slightly more risky.

Btw, thanks for your help so far ^^

Glad to be appreciated. Any more questions, feel free to reply. :grin:

Also funny how we went from Magic training to GE Flipping. :lol:

2eprbpj.png

Which would be the best for me?

Stringing amulets or bursting rock lobs?

I could also superheat the gold ores I wil get from 99, make them into amulets and string them, or would this be too time consuming?

And are there any guides out there for bursting/barraging lobs?

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

I could also superheat the gold ores I wil get from 99, make them into amulets and string them, or would this be too time consuming?

I do string amulets if your lazy and are not into combat to much

Well Yea it would be time consuming But you would lose less overall, Plus superheating + string amulets would make great xp.

Like i said on another post its the astral runes that are gonna be your major problem unless you rune craft them its gonna get expensive

Amulets unstrung and strung sell and resell for about the same price on the ge, (currently doing it atm)

so if you do your time consuming things the astral runes shouldnt put a dent in ur pocket like it is mine

on Bursting

Go to the forums General guide or even Archive of wisdom theres wonderful guides there

Kingmickez25.png

I do string amulets if your lazy and are not into combat to much

Well Yea it would be time consuming But you would lose less overall, Plus superheating + string amulets would make great xp.

Like i said on another post its the astral runes that are gonna be your major problem unless you rune craft them its gonna get expensive

Amulets unstrung and strung sell and resell for about the same price on the ge, (currently doing it atm)

so if you do your time consuming things the astral runes shouldnt put a dent in ur pocket like it is mine

on Bursting

Go to the forums General guide or even Archive of wisdom theres wonderful guides there

I am kinda lazy actually xD But wouldn't all the charms be a big advantage?

I believe it was string jewelerry with which I could get 99 for ~50 mill

how far would bursting get me with 50 mill? (don't know the average xp/cast)

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

If you are going for 99 mining is is very simple. Go to the living rock cave, and superheat your gold while you mine it. By the time you have 99 mining you will have 95 something magic. NOTHING beats this, since you don't lose time superheating (and you get smithing experience).

edit: you are 95 mining already, oops. Shame you didn't do it before though, really a waste of xp. Still, you can get 85-90 magic by doing it now;

If you are going for 99 mining is is very simple. Go to the living rock cave, and superheat your gold while you mine it. By the time you have 99 mining you will have 95 something magic. NOTHING beats this, since you don't lose time superheating (and you get smithing experience).

edit: you are 95 mining already, oops. Shame you didn't do it before though, really a waste of xp. Still, you can get 85-90 magic by doing it now;

4k away from 96, When i reach 96 I think I'n gonna go to the bank, grab a fire staff, some nats and gold smithing gaunts and superheat till 99 mining...

But my cashpile would stay at ~40 mill in that case, because I dont profit from superheating gold, even if I mine my own right?

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png