Mod Korpz = Fired

xxshady

Mod Korpz (Head of FunOrb for all who don't know) has either been fired from Jagex or he left the company. His iCould video has been removed by Jagex. As you may or may not remember, Henrique Olifiers (head of MechScape) also had his iCould video removed when he got fired, and Jagex confirmed his absence from the company quite a while after the initial removal. I have sent Jagex multiple messages on both of their Twitter accounts, both of their YouTube channels, and Mod Ajd's twitter account. These sites always answer simple questions very quickly, but Jagex has refused to even publish my question "Is Mod Korpz still at Jagex?" on their YouTube accounts even though they have published "Bring back wildy pl0x" and things like "Jagex your updates fail lol".

Anyone who has been following FunOrb knew this was bound to happen. FunOrb is basically a completely irrelevant, non-profitable moneysink for Jagex with very limited resources. Jagex has already partially collapsed FunOrb into their Jagex.com website, and FunOrb games say "Jagex" instead of "FunOrb" when you log in. I foresee the FunOrb site being shut down in a few months to a year.

Head of Mechscape = Canned (Game replaced by Stellar Dawn - now headed by Andrew Gower)

Head of FunOrb = Canned (Service partially replaced by Jagex.com - future is uncertain and unconfirmed)

Seems like Jagex needs to start hiring individuals with more game industry experience instead of relying on promoting-from-within as per usual. Especially if the roles deal with heading a game or service that costs a lot of money for Jagex.

Further supplementary proof:

- Mod Korpz was supposed to release a status diary a month ago.

- He has not made any follow up threads on the forums like he usually does when something is delayed.

- Jagex is maintaining a strict silence on his status

- Mod Korpz had often talked about his frustration in working in a subcompany with such little resources and investment

What do you guys think of this turn of events?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I know a few people who work in the Funorb Dep, Ill try and get in contact with then, unless we get the answer first...

If he is fired, and funorb is shut down, I will be annoyed, but remember they are still making games for it, so it might go for a while longer yet!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Wouldnt like to see FunOrb go down the drain, as it has quite a few nice little games.

The games would still be available on Jagex.com.

FunOrb as a branded service has failed, the games themselves are still quite decent.

Awww that would be sad :(

Also that would be the first firing of someone at the Jagex towers :o although in 10 years that's still a very good record for any company. I wish him the best in real life with whatever he does next.

2vuhgcn.png

Now confirmed:

2vb3b42.png

Also, FunOrb games are now (May 25, 2010) directly acessible on Jagex.com. If you click "Play Now" on a game on Jagex.com, it doesn't even take you to FunOrb anymore, you can just directly play it.

My predictions are coming to fruition it seems.

Also, FunOrb games are now (May 25, 2010) directly acessible on Jagex.com. If you click "Play Now" on a game on Jagex.com, it doesn't even take you to FunOrb anymore, you can just directly play it.

It doesn't say FunOrb News anymore either, it just says Jagex News and RuneScape News. Trying to find evidence that it did say FunOrb News but I'm pretty sure it did.
imagangster.png

It doesn't say FunOrb News anymore either, it just says Jagex News and RuneScape News. Trying to find evidence that it did say FunOrb News but I'm pretty sure it did.

Indeed, although that specific change happened quite a bit back (around 6 months or more).

Definitely a re-branding stage right now for Jagex

• 3 months later...

i was interested on funorb only for a while back when i played armies of gielnor 1 year ago or something..

but now or before im not interested in anything happens to funorb

but as i see.. alot of accidents happening in the dep

o_espil.png