Dungeoneering troubles

Kodia

The main question I have is about how long should an average solo dungeon be done in? I can only bind one item and have made myself a Gorgenite spear and don't plan on doing groups atm. Later I might decide to once I can do all the floors and then get a Prom spear made. I would say I take around 30 minutes to an hour depending on what boss it is, puzzles ect. I also like to mine any ore I can and smith it.

I have yet to die on a boss, but many are tough enough that if I dont prepare with armor and a summon and potions that I barely kill them with no food left and less than 200 hp. I realize being a level 129 combat might be the reason. The real problem I have are people saying its possible to rush a floor in 15 minutes or less. I an not called anyone a liar but I don't see how you can rush a boss and win without some kind of armor. Most I have fought use all 3 types of damage and can hit like trucks. Smacking 200+ damage hits when most of my food is salve eels means I am outa food without some kind of armor to reduce how many times they hit in a row.

Am I doing something wrong or will it get easier once you can bind a 2nd item at level 50? I use tip it's guide to target weaknesses. I am still pretty new to the skill obviously so I definately am not good at rushing, I just am wondering if there is an easier way. I do realize that rushing means just killing the monsters you need to and killing the boss asap but I don't see how to safely kill the boss without armor. Dieing would negate any bonus rushing would have in my opinion.

Are my lowish skill levels hurting me possibly? At 129 I run into 200+ level bosses normally. Depends on the boss like the behemoth that eats corpses is normally 210ish. The luminecent icefiend is normally around 130-150.

-edit- This is on members just to clarify.

Edited by Kodia

At 50 i say it gets easier. Binding a decent armor piece helps a lot. I myself have Primal Plateskirt bound right now. Before i had a Primal Platebody. Your stats are around the same as mine, so i cna see where you're coming from.

Before i hit 50, i did exactly what you did. Mined ores to make armor, collect coins and charms so i could use a decent familiar while on the boss. It helps to go in a team every now and then as it boosts exp by 5% per each person as well as making the floor get done faster.

But i didn't rush through it, i took my time and completed it at my pace. Wanna know why? Because thats how i play. If you don't find it fun or enjoyable then no reason to rush through it any way.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I'm with Cptbaker on taking your and not rushing. I'm lvl 64 and I've gotten ~85% of my xp I'd say just from soloing. I take 20-30 minutes per dungeon depending on puzzles and bosses. My boss levels are around the same as yours to considering were around the same level. I have a promethium plate and spear (p++) bound, use to be just the plate until which I got from a drop then I had someone make me a spear :).

It's true that teams can be quite a bit more xp but if your not with friends and with a team you found it can be rather unenjoyable considering how much they rush you unless your into that kind of thing. IMO relaxing/fun > good xp/h.

So overall I would say do what you find the most enjoyable because if you love being efficent and fast as possible, rush. If not take your time with what you do.

Sorry if I started rambling at one point or another, I do that. :P Have fun. :thumbsup:

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Well since your members it might be different but the way I solo is I do nothing exept mine frac ore and fish short-finned eels, i skip all trees, other ore, fish ect. rush through puzzles and save money for boss. And i complete a small solo in 10-15 minustes tops. It helps to buy a pick, hatchet, tinder box, hammer and fishing equipment at the beginning for maximum speed.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Thanks a bunch. :mrgreen: It's good to know im not "that" slow overall. Right new it feels like a crawl when you spend half an hour just to get 700ish exp on the lower floors and just barely 1k on floor 14-15 which are the highest I can do at the moment. I know how to do the reset properly too. I don't want to rush super fast but I really want my coal bag now. Trying to get 88 smith and 85 mining and I don't mind concentrated gold but I get tired of both the good spots running dry and having to wait what feels like forever to get one to respawn, where as witih coal I can use lava titan for mining boost and hold a ton of coal, while making about the same ammount of money since coal is only 50-60ish gp below gold last i knew Coal also has many good spots close together so there is rarely a wait from my viewpoint.

Does poison help a ton? I keep hearing about it and keep forgetting to make a potion to do so lol.

Also to anyone who doesnt know or hasnt tried it, on solo a BoB is godsend seriously. I tried a decent one out and i am in love. If you rush it wont do much but for someone like me who likes to train smithing mining farming herblore ect with what I find it works wonders with all the junk you collect. :grin:

Once you get a better prestiege the xp gets alot better on floors 20+ I get 4k+ I think. Poisoning isn't necessary it's more of just a necessity because super poison does 68 lp of damage which can help kill bosses that like to move/teleport alot like hobgoblin geomancer, astea frostweb or saggitare. +1 for the BoB's they help alot, the skinweavers are helpful to if you don't need space for much because it increases how much everything heals.

You probably already know this but if money is every tight on levels if you need to make good armour just alch the better tier drops that you don't need rather then selling them because you get twice as much money that way. Still you probably already know that but if you don't then it's good and for anyone who reads this an doesn't will enjoy it to. :)

How I helped. :D

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

It'll get easier once you hit 50. Try to bind a promethium spear (p++) and promethium plate as soon as possible. To rush, only kill weak monsters and guardian room monsters so that you have enough food to take on the boss when you get there.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.