Video Gamers can control Dreams

mega_vegeta6

edit: read article, my post made no sense.

edit edit: kind of true, but after intense gaming i tend to have more trouble sleeping than anything

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

It's called lucid dreaming, i've done it before yes, it's accomplished during REM sleep (rapid eye movement) its funny because some people control it and use it to have fun in and try do things they cant do in real life like fly.. there's some interesting articles on it if you look up lucid dreaming :thumbsup:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

That has happened to me a few times.

One dream I remember, wild life attacked the place where I live (weird, I know).

I realised it was a dream so I just focused on all animals gone and poof. Everything was back to normal.

So there are both ups and downs with playing games right before you go to bed. :D

As mentioned before, its called Lucid Dreaming.

Its a state where your fully aware your dreaming and can control and manipulate it aswell. It had strong links to Out-of-Body experiences aswell. It's not necessarily linked to gaming though, it can be linked to remembering your dreams.

I've never really been into OoB-Experiences, but I do like Oneiromancy. It would be interesting if this article is correct. Although, I've been gaming for like 10+ years and I've never had a Lucid Dream ;^;

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Lucid dreaming comes in two stages:

1. Recognising that you are dreaming within the dream (this is made more likely if you tend to dream CRAZY things (as a gamer would))

2. Staying asleep after the initial revelation. This is where developed spacial skills come in handy, gamers are better adapted to becoming engrossed within a separate reality.

I've read that lucid dreams are much more frequent if you tend to dream in 1st person, as opposed to 3rd. Actually, I think it's impossible to have a lucid dream in 3rd person. Which is a shame because games (especially mmos) promote 3rd person more than 1st.

It's also possible to directly slip into a lucid dream if you wake up early in the morning then decide to sleep in for an hour or two (your body is in the perfect physical/chemical state for a lucid dream). This is when most occur.

=========================================================

Sometimes I go through lucid dreaming phases where I have them consecutively for up to 10 days in a row. Needless to say, its quite a mind-blowing experience, XD, some of my friends get jealous.

Most of the time; as soon as I realise I'm dreaming, I'm like 'sweet...' and start floating around instead of walking. There was also this bizarre incident in a dream where I forcefully tried to wake myself up (really dramatic-like, I basically jumped up into the air and smashed the ground with my fist, colourful exposions, etc), although all I accomplished was teleporting myself back in time (lolol), I re-experienced the same dream knowing what would happen, making more advantageous decisions.

here's a few funny unrelated moments:

- Me trying to hide a katana sword (which I somehow obtained after an excursion to Sea World) under a sheet of paper in class

- Breaking statues makes them come to life and fight for you (??? :thumbsup: )

- Me giving a police officer the finger, getting shot, then insulting the police officer, getting shot again then take cover behind a yellow car... you will never guess what comes next... the police officer walks over to a nuclear warhead and detonates it on himself for no apparent reason. Don't ask why I wasn't affected by the blast, for some reason the car protected me, though the raditation did seem to take its toll. So I stole the dead police officer's radiation suit.... I KNOW THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

- Some strange theatre where audience members were called up to be the actors, getting only a few seconds to read their scripts. I was cast as the main character... it involved running onto the stage and 'murdering' everyone else with imaginary dagger jestures. I got a bit carried away and punched this little kid in the chest, he was like 'ow...'.

- Was getting really scared in a dream, So I was like '[bleep] THIS!' and went dbz on everyone's asses (really, that one was screwed up, I leaped up 10 metres and started fighting this random adversary that just materialised from nowhere, probably the manifestation of my fears).

I could go on forever about all the lucid dreams I recall :rolleyes:. Though alot of it is really perverted and fetish oriented, so best not describe, LOL

Yes. This is actually quite epic. I recognize much of what's been written here, and it's great to realize that you are dreaming, only to be able to manipulate EVERYTHING later on. Too bad they don't last. I remember having low gravity in my neighborhood as a particularly fun moment :P

2qdd6q0.png

Proud Quester!

• 1 month later...

I guess... if I think back to when I had my first lucid dream, I think it was when I got a PS :grin:

Though, I usually can control my dreams by in-dream thinking about what I want...

Like last night, I was having a nightmare about the Zombies again (it's quite a regular for me <_< ) and when I realised it was a dream, I immediately started to find guns everywhere. Soon enough I got bored of the slow moving Zombies so I leapt on one of the cars and set off an alarm, turning it into Left 4 Dead as I was surrounded by Running Zombies and Boomers XD I was loving it. It was like playing L4D2 with my boyfriend :lol: :lol:

My dreams are always fun.

LIGHTsfan.png

signature.png

Rach's the Bern to my Lambda, Req's the Erika to Rach's Bern. It works.