General Morrowind Topic

runesmithie

Ugh, I got morrowind for xbox after having the vanilla version for PC (which was very slow on my computer :( )

Anyways, I thought I'd get a start on tribunal so I started sleeping... and sleeping... and sleeping. I'm on the third straight month of sleeping on top of Balyn Omarel's house in Balmora and no assassins yet, do I have to meet any requirements?

Also, I'm just level 1 right now and I've only really just gotten to Caius and I've done a few missions for the fighters guild, so I'm really not far at all :P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I don't know what quest you're doing... :shock: I have Morrowind (on PC, maybe that's why I don't know what quest you're doing. Some of the quests differ from PC to Xbox) and I've beaten the main quest. You say you're doing it for the Tribunal? The Temple?

I know there is a quest for the Morag Tong (the assassins' guild) in which you have to assassinate Balyn Omavel (sp?). But other than that quest, I didn't know he served any other purpose in the game.

3898000bYVcx.png

I don't know what quest you're doing... :shock: I have Morrowind (on PC, maybe that's why I don't know what quest you're doing. Some of the quests differ from PC to Xbox) and I've beaten the main quest. You say you're doing it for the Tribunal? The Temple?

I know there is a quest for the Morag Tong (the assassins' guild) in which you have to assassinate Balyn Omavel (sp?). But other than that quest, I didn't know he served any other purpose in the game.

Xbox version is just a direct port :P

I'm talking about the expansion for PC called Tribunal, it comes with the Xbox game of the year addition and to start that series of quests it adds some assassins have to attack while you sleep

smithie3.jpg

I'm talking about the expansion for PC called Tribunal, it comes with the Xbox game of the year addition and to start that series of quests it adds some assassins have to attack while you sleep

Ooooooooooh.... That would explain things. :oops:

3898000bYVcx.png

And as for the Balyn Omavel, I just wanted a place in town I could rest without getting a fine even though it still says its illegal

smithie3.jpg

Morrowind looked freakin fun when I saw it at EB. Got it, brought it home, liked it at first... but soon despised it. I'm sure it'd be a lot better if I had an idea of what the heck I was doing. 10 minutes after getting off the dock (ya know, at the very beginning), and I cut it off.

I really dunno how the heck you do anything in the game. Though it's huge, and it's an RPG. 2 factors on why I was attracted to the game. Why can't I get into it? Any suggestions.

Oh.. err... this isn't my topic. No clue Runesmithie. You are talking about Morrowind III: The Elder Scrolls, right?

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

And as for the Balyn Omavel, I just wanted a place in town I could rest without getting a fine even though it still says its illegal

That's weird... You can sleep even though it's illegal? Well, if you can't get help here in the forums, (as I don't have the Tribunal expansion) go to Gamefaqs or IGN and look up some Morrowind FAQs.

3898000bYVcx.png

Morrowind looked freakin fun when I saw it at EB. Got it, brought it home, liked it at first... but soon despised it. I'm sure it'd be a lot better if I had an idea of what the heck I was doing. 10 minutes after getting off the dock (ya know, at the very beginning), and I cut it off.

I really dunno how the heck you do anything in the game. Though it's huge, and it's an RPG. 2 factors on why I was attracted to the game. Why can't I get into it? Any suggestions.

Oh.. err... this isn't my topic. No clue Runesmithie. You are talking about Morrowind III: The Elder Scrolls, right?

Yes I am

and I had that problem until I realized you just do ANYTHING. Right now I'm thieving Ald-Ruhn :P Next stop Caldera

smithie3.jpg

Just give it a chance. I know it's boring at the beginning, but, the story (if you even choose to follow the main storyline) unfolds into a pretty awesome experience.

3898000bYVcx.png

I see. I just dunno where to start really. This seems to be one of those RPGs where I'd want to be a "bad guy" type of person. I suppose I could just go around stealing everything.

Meh. Perhaps I'll look a bit more into this game. I've read some posts at GameFAQs, which I don't understand really since I haven't played te game fully. I've scanned over some actual FAQs too, but it all looks like it is something I'd have to play A LOT to understand it fully.

P.S - I despise the fighting on Morrowind. I got killed by some little thing near a river... TWICE! Once using melee, the second using magic :roll: .

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

The reason I like Morrowind is, you can do anything. You're not forced to follow one path, or any path. You can go around looting ruins and tombs, or you can steal from peoples' houses. You can be an adventurer, an assassin, a soldier, a merchant, or just loot thieves' hidouts. (personally, I enjoy thieving) The main quest in the game is quite interesting though. I enjoyed playing through the game. I'm like level 47 and I'm not even close to doing everything there is to do in the game.

I have to admit that it is a deep game. NPCs talk about things you have no idea about, and you really have to play the game through a few times before you can really have a good enough understanding as to what is going on. I started a new file about four times before I stuck with one that I was satisfied with.

But, it really is a good game. One of my favorites. :P

3898000bYVcx.png

i know a little bit about morrowind, the first time i played it i did for about a month and a half straight, totallying im guessing around 300 hours of gameplay ( i figured almost 8 hours a day, i cut back on sleeping, and during the weekends i definently got more than 8). after that i found the mods, and im guessing 75-100 hours more of gameplay. my charachter was maxed out in everything, i had been EVERYWHERE on the map (im guessing around 95% of the dungeons, i could have missed a few), ive done all the missions possible (tried cheating to get into all three major houses, but it didnt work out well for me. i ended up just doing hlaalu). so thats my morrowind background, but keep in mind i did most of this last year, and last time i played was a month or two ago.

Ugh, I got morrowind for xbox after having the vanilla version for PC (which was very slow on my computer Sad )

Anyways, I thought I'd get a start on tribunal so I started sleeping... and sleeping... and sleeping. I'm on the third straight month of sleeping on top of Balyn Omarel's house in Balmora and no assassins yet, do I have to meet any requirements?

Also, I'm just level 1 right now and I've only really just gotten to Caius and I've done a few missions for the fighters guild, so I'm really not far at all

ive heard you dont need any requirements at all for tribunal to start, but that wouldnt make sense in my eyes. i think you hay have to complete the main storyline first, but im not sure. when i installed tribunal i was already done with the main story, so i cant answer this one.

I don't know what quest you're doing... Shocked I have Morrowind (on PC, maybe that's why I don't know what quest you're doing. Some of the quests differ from PC to Xbox) and I've beaten the main quest. You say you're doing it for the Tribunal? The Temple?

he wanted to start the tribunal expansion, and the start of that is being attacked in sleep by assassins. the quests do not differ from pc to xbox. tribunal is an expansion, you only get these quests if you buy the expansion.

guards dont take kindly to bums sleeping on the street :P . resting isn't the same thing as sleeping either, resting merely replenishes fatigue, while sleeping repleneshes all three. find an inn, or sleep in the mages guild, fighters guild, temple, house hlaalu or the thieves guild if you are a part of any of those. there are also some generic people there, kill them and sleep in their house. thats always a cool thing to do :D

well, i was amazed by the massiveness of it, and being able to do what ever you want. i really didnt get into the main quest until i got some of the side ones done. exploring the country side, and looting theives caves was always a favorite of mine.

Yes I am

and I had that problem until I realized you just do ANYTHING. Right now I'm thieving Ald-Ruhn Razz Next stop Caldera

caldera is awesome, the ghorak is there, plus mage guild to teleport to balmora. ald-ruhn was the base town for my cousin who introduced me to the game, he was in house redoran though, and i was in house hlaalu so balmora was my home base. thieving everything is cool too, im pretty sure i have 99% of the books in the game, i stole from every library, and i even got all the rare books. checked with the editor to see what i got, at least one of everykind. ive looted so much stuff, i keep most of it. i keep every piece of glass, ebony, daedric, and many other expensive armors. i dont bother selling most stuff, just collect it. like jewles, and you should see my pillow house :D looting is so much fun 8) .

Just give it a chance. I know it's boring at the beginning, but, the story (if you even choose to follow the main storyline) unfolds into a pretty awesome experience.

i guess the game was made specifically to fit my taste, because i was never bored with it. i remember playing through three hours non stop, only to die, and notice i never saved. i remember the first thunder storm outside of sedya neen, i thought it was beutiful. it actually looked, and sounded really well on my piece of crap computer. i was always in love with the game :D .

I see. I just dunno where to start really. This seems to be one of those RPGs where I'd want to be a "bad guy" type of person. I suppose I could just go around stealing everything.

Meh. Perhaps I'll look a bit more into this game. I've read some posts at GameFAQs, which I don't understand really since I haven't played te game fully. I've scanned over some actual FAQs too, but it all looks like it is something I'd have to play A LOT to understand it fully.

P.S - I despise the fighting on Morrowind. I got killed by some little thing near a river... TWICE! Once using melee, the second using magic Rolling Eyes .

they dont really have good guy/bad guy choices, you have to roleplay that yourself. in the next game (elder scrolls 4: oblivion, check my sig 8) ) they said that might be implemented, but never confirmed. i suggest starting off to do fargoths quest in the begining city, sedya neen, then continue with your quest until you get to balmora. if you want to be evil, check into a little place called the "south wall corner club" (or something like that, its been a while), and you can start the thieves guild quests.

faqs are really only good for figureing out something on a quest, the rest of the game is simple.

easy melee fighting (assuming you are on pc) before you start, you can choose an option "always use best attack" in the game options menu, i suggest doing that. 1. hold "w" to move forward. 2. during this time, hold attack button down to power up. 3. right before you get to the creature, let go. 4. after you have connected, hold "s" to move backwards, dont turn around. 5. repeat.

the fighting in the game is simple, against creatures liek that you can kill them easily without ever being hit. cant help you with magic, i never used magic until i was maxed out in everything, then i just created a good spell that killed most creatures from all the way across the screen.

The reason I like Morrowind is, you can do anything. You're not forced to follow one path, or any path. You can go around looting ruins and tombs, or you can steal from peoples' houses. You can be an adventurer, an assassin, a soldier, a merchant, or just loot thieves' hidouts. (personally, I enjoy thieving) The main quest in the game is quite interesting though. I enjoyed playing through the game. I'm like level 47 and I'm not even close to doing everything there is to do in the game.

I have to admit that it is a deep game. NPCs talk about things you have no idea about, and you really have to play the game through a few times before you can really have a good enough understanding as to what is going on. I started a new file about four times before I stuck with one that I was satisfied with.

But, it really is a good game. One of my favorites. Razz

that is the best part, you are never forced to do anything. you can play at your leisure. main quest was alright, but it was pretty generic. the storyline is going to be much better in the next one (at least they say so...). you can always ask npcs about certain topics, and they explain everything fairly well. i never started a new file (sans the first time, didnt ever save, so i couldnt continue with it), i use the same charachter now as i did when i first started playing. its fun to see them grow with you, and if you make bad choices with leveling, not everyones perfect (until you max out everything, like i did :lol: ). its definently easiest to be a fighter based class, so if you find it hard at the begining with other classes, there is a mod out there (pc users only, of course), that makes the thieving and maging classes more even.

you are right, it is a very good game. im going to have to say, my favorite.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

:? I aint reading through thte whole thing to see if it was ansewred, but i can answer your question.

Its Random. Yup completly random chance of the assasin. But to decrease the randomness (increase chance), raise your level. I think i read somewhere that you have to be like lve 10 to have a fairly good chance of getting the assasin.

BTW, i compleated both tribunal and Blood moon on the xbox :wink:

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I remember those annoying assassins. They always came when I was hurt and needed to heal up by resting..

It's totally random. They do seem to come up more often at higher levels though. :)

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Was never lucky enough to play it on the PC, I have the X-box version but I couldn't get into it.

I have a nice new computer now so I am waiting for Oblivion :D

yep, being able to mod the game is a must. and then having the console for if the game has a bug, which in a game this huge there is bound to be some.

i cant wait for oblivion either *points at sig*. ive been checking up on it for about the bast 6 months now, and its almost here :D the very first date they gave was november 22, but that was pushed back. i really dont know what it is supposed to be now. i was thinking about buying a new computer when it comes out so i can run it really good 8) . small price to pay for playing the game.

Confused I aint reading through thte whole thing to see if it was ansewred, but i can answer your question.

Its Random. Yup completly random chance of the assasin. But to decrease the randomness (increase chance), raise your level. I think i read somewhere that you have to be like lve 10 to have a fairly good chance of getting the assasin.

BTW, i compleated both tribunal and Blood moon on the xbox Wink

that makes sense actually, higher level = better chance of getting it. bloodmoon was good too, as a nord it was more of my home territory. it could have been off the coast of skyrim which is just to the west of morrowind, i cant recall if they ever say it or not though.

I remember those annoying assassins. They always came when I was hurt and needed to heal up by resting..

It's totally random. They do seem to come up more often at higher levels though.

yeah, i was actually sleeping on top of one of the really high pillars on solsteim when they came for me (installed bloodmoon and tribunal at the same time), so it was kind of odd to be waken up by three assassins stading next to me on about a 1 foot wide pillar 50 feet up in the air. i only had to kill them though, after that i went ahead and talked to that guy about it and they dont attack you anymore.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I remember something about if I modded my xbox I can ftp PC mods over and they would work >.>

I'm sure it was some lengthy process, but I could really use a house (I remember this grand house mod someone made, but I didnt have any expansions required :cry: )

Edit: After some searching I couldn't find the site with all the beautiful screenies, but here's a link to where you can get the alpha http://beta.thelys.org/mw/index.php

smithie3.jpg

:? I aint reading through thte whole thing to see if it was ansewred, but i can answer your question.

Grrrrr! I want the expansions! :(

3898000bYVcx.png

Grrrrr! I want the expansions! :(

Just get the game of the year editon, it has both for xbox (only way to get the expansions) and for the computer, the box set should be preaty cheep.. although for the computer, make sure you got tons of ram, and alot of space on your hard drive (cant be more then like 2.5 gb). Tis VERY lagy ont he comp with not enough ram.

Grr i cant play my GOTY right now... my xbox has been broken for almost a year... i want to play it sooo bad!

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

try sleeping in the woods.. also i think its either the 3rd day u sleep or lvl 3 or something.

*Spoiler perhaps*

Once Tribunal is installed, load up whatever character you want to use,

and start sleeping. It doesn't matter where, but I recommend some place

outside, so you have room to move around. I did 12 hours each time I was

getting a character to Mournhold, as an assasin randomly attacks while

you are asleep. Eventually, you'll hear a loud noise, and an assassin

will come out of nowhere to kill you. And since we're here, these

assassins must really suck. They make loud "noises" when they're sneaking

up on someone?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

I was uh looking at the manual and I apparently skipped a page

(it WAS right before the credits so you can't blame me). It talks about the expansions and for Tribunal to start I have to be level 6, and they appear the first time I rest after turning level 6 :P

smithie3.jpg

I remember something about if I modded my xbox I can ftp PC mods over and they would work >.>

I'm sure it was some lengthy process, but I could really use a house (I remember this grand house mod someone made, but I didnt have any expansions required :cry: )

Edit: After some searching I couldn't find the site with all the beautiful screenies, but here's a link to where you can get the alpha http://beta.thelys.org/mw/index.php

yeah, being able to mod easily is awesome. i made my own house, i put a full library in it, a weapons room where i have chests full of weapons and them all over the wall, a armor room where i have manequins showing off all the cool rare armors, a pillow room where i keep all the pillows, a gem room where i keep all my gems and crack (moon sugar :lol: ), then my very own mage to teleport me to balmora, ald-ruhn, a telvanni city on the east coast, a telvanni city on an island to the north, and i think ebon heart. the customizations that you can do with the construction set are endless.

i didnt know you could do it on xbox though, thats new to me. suprised i dont here more about it, it seems like it should be a big thing. thats the main reason people usually buy pc over xbox, because of mods.

Grrrrr! I want the expansions! Sad

the expansions definently are worth it, add a ton more to the game. i liked the end of tribunal also, it was freaking awesome.

****TRIBUNAL SPOILER****

after killing daguth ur (cant remember name exactly) and figuring out you are the nerarvine (sp?), its pretty cool. you are almost a god. but after killing almelexia, you basically are better than a god, even if you arent immortal. not everyday a mortal kills something immortal :P . then you get to kill vivec after that (if you choose to, at this point he could go crazy like almelexia, so you should kill him. they dont give you any dialogue for this, you have to roleplay it yourself), and dont forget to soul trap him with azuras star. worth 5,000,000 gold :shock: .

****TRIBUNAL SPOILER****

Just get the game of the year editon, it has both for xbox (only way to get the expansions) and for the computer, the box set should be preaty cheep.. although for the computer, make sure you got tons of ram, and alot of space on your hard drive (cant be more then like 2.5 gb). Tis VERY lagy ont he comp with not enough ram.

Grr i cant play my GOTY right now... my xbox has been broken for almost a year... i want to play it sooo bad!

goty costs $60 at best buy (at least thats what the sticker said), and only 25 or 30 at walmart. these are pc game prices, i never looked at the xbox one.

untitled7ap.th.jpg

this is my morrowind folder on my computer, and ive installed tons and tons of mods. i think its probably around 1.8gb with just the two expansions, if someone has no mods installed, they could tell us what it is. lag isnt too bad, you just have to turn a lot of options down or off if you have a slower computer. shadows really slow down things, and they really dont add much, so i would turn those off. there is also a mod that you can download to speed things up, it basically shuts off some options when theres a lot of stuff going on, and when you are out in the open turns options on (i think thats how it works, i never used so i dont know), so you could check up on that.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I think the reason you don't hear about it is it's a little obfuscated to do it on the xbox and you need to have it modded, which a small percentage of morrowind players have

And wasn't it kind of obvious you were the Nerevar? :P

And as for GOTY on xbox it's a platinum hit and was in the bargain bin for 20 dollars

smithie3.jpg