does defence really useless???

Qoo

That's not true at all, either. Prayer is VERY useful...but I can understand why someone with low prayer would find it useless.

The 10% bonus prayers are extremely good. For example, you can drink a super defense potion for 20% more defense, put on say, a melee protect prayer, and then switch on the 10% defense prayer. Think of it...it's almost like you're 80% more protected from melee players in the wilderness than you are with JUST the protect prayer. Yes, it uses up more prayer points faster, but that's a small price to pay if it helps you obtain those precious seconds that can determine who wins or loses the battle.

Also, the higher your level, the more prayer potions restore. I have 66 prayer, and with the holy wrench and 1 dose of prayer potion, I can restore 24 prayer poins, which is 96 prayer points in one 4-dose potion. This can be quite helpful when up against monsters that require more time to kill. The holy wrench, however, is only worth it when you have more than 13 or 14 potions. I personally think it's a great way to gain some extra prayer points in the fight caves, especially when you're using Saradmon Brews as food. Think of this:

Bring 8 or so saradmon brews at level 99 hp. That's 544 hp in 10 inventory slots.

Bring 15+ prayer pots with a holy wrench. This will give you 120 more prayer points than 15 potions WITHOUT the wrench would. It all depends on your prayer level, however...so you really need to calculate it before you attempt it.

Anyways, those are just a FEW ways prayer is extremely important. People who don't train it I find are the ones who normally can't afford it, or are misinformed of exactly how useful it really can be.

Your right after thinking about all that defense bonus makes me want to go out and get a lot more prayer lvls, and do rum deal so i can get a wrench.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

the best thing to do is to keep em all even

as meele, my str is 77, def, 77, hits 78, and atk is 78

Actually not raelly,just keep atack and str a bit higher than defence so its easier to own people your level

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

the best thing to do is to keep em all even

as meele, my str is 77, def, 77, hits 78, and atk is 78

Actually not raelly,just keep atack and str a bit higher than defence so its easier to own people your level

I disagree entirely. One of the very worst things you can do is raise stats unevenly. I strongly believe in keeping them equal...and I'll tell you one thing...with the defense I've got, there are RARELY many level 103's that "own" me very easily in Castle Wars, due to the fact that my defense is better than theirs.

It's ALWAYS better to be well balanced in everything, than to excell in one thing. If you put more focus in one thing, the things you're ignoring will be low...and therein lies your weakness.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Here's what I say:

You can be like the majority of Runescape's Meleers and be and idiot and train nothing but strength, so you can hit hard, but less, and be hit more...

...or you can train Attack, Strength, and Defense EQUALLY and be a well-balanced fighter. Honestly, the people who train to strength like 25 levels above defense are the ones that get owned SO easily when up against high leveled monsters and whatnot.

Honestly...try killing the Kalphite Queen with low defense....I dare you. :wink:

i disagree my defence is my hights battle stat

Defense helps a lot.

Take dark wizards for example. Without any armour, I only get damaged by dark wizards 1/25 of the time: most of the time they're just "splashes". But when a level 3 comes up, the dark wizards hit a constant "2" on him/her.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Yes i keep my attack and str just like 2-5 lvls higher than my def just so that i have that protection but i can still hit pretty hard and pretty offten i would suggest keeping you def 2-5 lvls lower than attack and str (if your a meleer) just that that you have good def good hits and good accuracy.

You have the right, and people have the right to hate you for it.

Thus, the circle of life is complete.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

It is really only usfull when you need to equip better armour or get combat lvl up. Mainly all you have to do is get it to 70 then just stop and get str att and all your other stats up.

If that wasn't the biggest load of bs I have heard all day.... :lol:

Please...train defense. You have NO clue how useful it is until you sit down and train it. I was just in castle wars a while ago and killed a level 110 with no bandages and no help from others...and I'm level 103. After he died I looked up his stats. His strength and attack were leaps and bounds above his defense...however, he never hit that often because my defense is high.

It's all about being equal, I'm telling you.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

defence is an incredibly important stat, i dont see why ppl ignore it. it's important for fighting high lvl monsters (do dragon slayer with low def - be my guest), and for wilderness pking.

and lets face it - do you REALLY want to have 99 att/str and still be wearing full bronze?

or have 99 range and wearing soft leather bodies?

def lets you have better armor, lessens the chance that you'll be hit, and keeps you alive. that last one should be reason enough to train def.