Balmung and Keris...

Begbie

Whip>All.

I alched Keris, and I'd do the same to Balumg if it wasn't freaking epic. (Or if it didn't cost 250k to replace)

You can get it back for free ONCE. So that's basically free 135k.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I used to take keris to kalphite soldiers with supa strength and attack pots and uba strength gear (fighter torso, climbing boots) and go like AMG I HIT 60 <333333

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Keris is just a weapon we outgrew. It's avalible long before the whip, and good for taking the Kalaphite Queen as a mid level boss now. Took a lvl 70 weapon to top it, but that's to be expected.

And I find Balmung a nice change of pace from the whip even at lighthouse daggonoths... it is much more likely to steal a kill from a cannon in one hit.

Keris doesn't have the stats to compare to the whip, and the triple hit is way too rare. Balmung's great on big Dagganoth such as the kings due to the huge strength bonus, but it's still very comparable to the whip and rune defender because of the speed and attack bonuses on the Dagganoth you generally kill for slayer tasks. In my opinion, Jagex messed up when they tried to balance the whip compared to other weapons and should still consider some rebalancing.

Rebalancing would be nice. By rebalancing though, I mean not nerfing the whip, but beefing up the other weapons to make them comparable to the whip.

Just make it more like dungeoneering, where crush/slash/stab does make a difference. For now this is only the case for fiends and metal drags

I'd love to see a quest for both Dagannoths and Kalphites that allowed you to upgrade your keris and Balmung to make them better than a whip for their respective tasks.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I found using a balmung in conjunction with a Nail Beast Familiar to be good. With the Balmung being so slow it usually isn't worth it to take off that last sliver of hp left, but with a talon beast it can quickly finish off dags since its attacking speed is fast and each hit separated 3 times. (It has a max hit of 50, but it hits 3x at the same time.)

I use Balmug for Dagannoths and don't use Karis. I hate kalphites. Thats why they're blocked :^_^:

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48