Sam's 15 Albums You Should Own

Sam

In no particular order.

1. Alive 2007 by Daft Punk

Daft%2BPunk%2B-%2BAlive%2B2007.jpg

A fantastic live album by the awesome french duo, Daft Punk. Recorded at a Paris gig, they create a fusion of many fan favorites, remixing and fusing different rhythms that are incredibly addictive to listen to. The album starts with Robot Rock / Oh Yeah, and climaxes with the fantastic Human After All / Together / One More Time / Music Sounds Better With You. If you are a fan of electronically produced music, buy this album

2. Viva La Vida by Coldplay

coldplay-viva-la-vida-album-cover-med.jpg

An awesome album with an awesome cover. I love how this album explores many different themes from revolution to death, and making for a thoroughly exhilarating aural journey through the use of unusual instruments like church organs and bongo drums. My favorite track has to be Life In Technicolor with it's use of orchestral elements . My only niggle is that they copied a riff from Joe Satriani and Creaky Boards

3. Out Of The Blue by Electric Light Orchestra

elo-out-of-the-blue-lp-cover.jpg

One of the best and possibly the most innovative albums of the 1970's. Jeff Lynne and co create 17 amazing tracks, exploring new landscapes of music in an incredibly original way. If you are a fan of classic rock, get this album.

4. Revolver by The Beatles

revolver.jpg

One of the later albums produced by the Fab Four. Released in 1966, this album broke so many boundaries. The Beatles were at their peak, and they knew it. I love the innovation on this album - reverse tape looping, indian instruments and the general creativity of The Beatles.

5. The Fountain by Clint Mansell

pic13.jpg

A fantastic film soundtrack produced by the underrated Clint Mansell. The film explores the concepts of the value of life, and death, and the music follows suit, providing an incredibly emotional aural backdrop to the film.

6. The Dark Knight by Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard

dark-knight-300x300.jpg

Another brilliant film soundtrack. Lots of bass and distortion, making for a very exhilarating listen. Try this album with a pair of headphones.

7. Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel

Simon+&+Garfunkel+-+Bridge+Over+Troubled+Water.jpg

The last studio album by awesome folkish rock duo, Simon & Garfunkel. I love how this album uses very delicate subjects but makes for a fantastic listen with some meaningful lyrics and fantastic guitar work.

8. A Cross The Universe by Justice

justice_-_across_the_universe-300x300.jpg

A live album by french electronic duo Justice. Like Daft Punk's Alive 2007, Justice mix and mash-up their most awesome songs into a fantastic medley of distorted house and electronica.

9. Origin Of Symmetry by Muse

2dsrq1l8.jpg

The second album by alternative trio Muse. An incredibly experimental album, Muse ventures into the unknown with rarely used instruments and different tones of voice. Distortion is also rife here, creating a very gritty but entertaining listen.

10. Pray For Villians by Devildriver

pray_for_villains_cover.jpg

The most recent release by Californian metal band Devildriver. Fantastic guitar work and an amazing energetic drummer make this a quick paced, headbang inducing album.

11. Master Of Puppets by Metallica

metallica_-_master_of_puppets.jpg

A classic thrash album by the fathers of metal. Many great songs, my favorite being "Orion", and completely instrumental track, showcasing the skill of James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet. If you are into metal, this is a must buy album.

12. Dark Side Of the Moon by Pink Floyd

_40056932_storm.jpg

One of the contenders for the best albums of the 70's. Many fans attribute the theme of the album to drugs. From listening to it frequently, I feel that it explores addiction, madness and withdrawal. Making use of many sound effects was one of the reasons the album was so famous, particularly on tracks like "Money" and "Time".

13. Live by R.E.M

0001735,rem-live-2cd1dvd.jpg

Obviously a live album by R.E.M. Fantastic covers of many of their greatest songs, and some awesome, less played songs. Great musicians playing an awesome gig.

14. Face Value by Phil Collins

phil-collins-face-value.jpg

The best and most famous album of Phil Collin's discography. Innovation, and fantastic vocals. If you haven't listened to "In The Air Tonight", you haven't listened to music.

15. Let's Dance by David Bowie

David-Bowie---Let%27s-Dance-790512.jpg

My favorite album of Bowie's productions. Some may argue that Heroes is better, but here Bowie sounds different, bringing out a refreshing sound. Electronic experimentation and reverb bring out the best of his fantastic vocals.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Muse <3:

The fountain was a superb movie, but I don't remember much about the soundtrack.

And I would think you'd have more daft punk :o

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'll listen to the soundtrack from The Fountain. I can't even remember one song from it but I think it might have been similar to Requiem for a Dream's. Good list, short and sweet!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Coldplay stole their material from Joe Satriani and Creaky Boards. That's what.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Good list minus Metallica. I've never been a huge fan of them, I'm a much bigger fan of Iron Maiden, which I personally think is the complete and utter rival to Metallica in the eighties metal scene. Americans got more into Metallica then Iron Maiden though. Iron Maiden doesn't play too many shows in America.

Number of the Beast. Replace Master of Puppets with that, and good list.

Coldplay I am kind of on the brink of.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Coldplay stole their material from Joe Satriani and Creaky Boards. That's what.

I heard about that :s That's my only niggle about it.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

"A classic thrash album by the fathers of metal. Many great songs, my favorite being "Orion", and completely instrumental track, showcasing the skill of James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet. If you are into metal, this is a must buy album."

Derp, talking bout orion and not talkin bout cliff :<

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Good list minus Metallica. I've never been a huge fan of them, I'm a much bigger fan of Iron Maiden, which I personally think is the complete and utter rival to Metallica in the eighties metal scene. Americans got more into Metallica then Iron Maiden though. Iron Maiden doesn't play too many shows in America.

Number of the Beast. Replace Master of Puppets with that, and good list.

Coldplay I am kind of on the brink of.

I'm also a huge Maiden fan (moreso then Metallica) but the influence Metallica had on metal is undeniable. I also still consider MoP to be one of their "good" albums, everything after nothing else matters was garbage.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

nothing else matters? you mean the commercial album :<?

Maybe Load and ReLoad were bad albums and maybe St. Anger was a bad album but they had great songs on them

The Memory Remains, Frantic, St. Anger, King Nothing, Until it Sleeps, Fuel and The Unforgiven II

Those are all great songs, i think people are being harsh on those albums

And Death Magnetic is a great album imo

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I always felt bad for Metallica. No one has liked their stuff in years, think of how frustrated they must be haha. Or maybe they don't care.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Death Magnetic wasn't too bad.

I couldn't even get through the whole album. I really hated it. They sounded terrible. That's what I hate about Iron Maiden and Metallica now, they are old and sound it. Iron Maiden sounds better to me because Bruce [bleep]inson can still kind of sing. Not great, but listenable. Iron Maiden had a live album in the 90's where they had their other singer and it was soooooooo godawful. I'd hate to hear Metallica live. Live music generally sucks, which is sad that voice augmentation has to take place for a band to be listenable. Ever hear Disturbed live? I went to one of their concerts a year and a half ago and found it god awful. They suck live.

Back on topic though, I am also very glad you included a Phil Collins album. Quintessential eighties, and being an eighties music fan, I do enjoy his music. Duran Duran may be more eighties though.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...