Scimitar efficiency

JHalpert

Scimitars are usually the preferred training weapon for melee because they are assumed by most (myself included) to be most efficient (F2P weapon type). Has anyone ever tried or heard of someone trying this experimentally against the slower, but harder-hitting weapons (2H and b axe)?

[hide=Stats]Afro_adam12.png[/hide]

Scimitars are usually the preferred training weapon for melee because they are assumed by most (myself included) to be most efficient (F2P weapon type). Has anyone ever tried or heard of someone trying this experimentally against the slower, but harder-hitting weapons (2H and b axe)?

Of course its been tried and tested. Your assumptions are correct.

yuki2d.png

Faster equals more dps which means more exp per hour. Now some might argue about the short sword being better then the scimmy, but you'll have to look that up on your own.

The 2h's are normally used for KOs while pking.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Faster equals more dps which means more exp per hour. Now some might argue about the short sword being better then the scimmy, but you'll have to look that up on your own.

The 2h's are normally used for KOs while pking.

Cool. I'll use max hit calc to see how much power I would have to sacrifice for the speed of a short sword.

[hide=Stats]Afro_adam12.png[/hide]

Don't see how short sword could possibly be better. Same speed as scimitar but weaker.

If its not short then its probably long sword I saw. There use to be a topic comparing the scimmy and the long/short sword some where on TIF.

Seems the long sword is one speed slower then the scimmy, but has higher stab, slash, strength, and defensive stats then that of the scimmy.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Yes. And it has been proven countless times that the scimitar is better.

I agree. Scimitars are the best subclass of weaponry. Of course, for members, whips and saradomin swords are even more special.

Dude I hate siggies...

ive seen calculations that say the gravite 2h is better than longsword, by 2 or so DPS, i've saw the stats of the rapier, its a bit more accurate but 1 less str bonus than a rune longsword.

I never saw a comparision between rapier and 2h, i guess they should be around the distance of 2h vs longsword.

You do know people have been able to use and test the weapon types since december 2003? And as there havn't been to many additions to the f2p combat equipment(rune gloves, berserker shield, if you can bother with them) wouldn't it make sense for millions of people who use scimitars to actually be correct by their own testing?

Also, gr > rune scimitar.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.