Primal Maul vs. Prom Spear (p++)?

Obtaurian

I'm beginning to wonder if a primal maul really is worth using. Am I wrong to think so? If it were between primal spear and maul I'd go with the spear for sure, but a promethium spear . . .

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The versatility on the spear is way better than the maul. If promethium is the lvl 90 metal, haven't dungeoneered in a while.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Promethium 2Hs are used by many dungoneering pros out there too, it's really either 2H or the Spear, both are good.. maul is only limited to one attack style so it's out of the contest

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

In Dungeoneering, having all attack styles is very important (stab, slash and crush). Spear has all 3 and it can be poisoned. Therefore IMO: primal maul < promethium spear p++

Some people might prefer maul or 2h for the exp they get, because spear either trains all 3 skills or just defense, but this at the expense of speed.

Well we don't know for sure whether the changes will introduce any weapons better than the spear.

I suppose this question is a little irrelevant considering the changes we'll be getting next week.

new weapons won't come out in dungeoneering till batch 2

What I meant was that the rings may boost some weapons to be more useful than they are now, while spears may not receive the same benefit, as they can only be used on controlled and defensive. Primal Kiteshield + Primal warhammer/rapier might be a new staple for pro teams, for example.

dgs5.jpg

What I meant was that the rings may boost some weapons to be more useful than they are now, while spears may not receive the same benefit, as they can only be used on controlled and defensive. Primal Kiteshield + Primal warhammer/rapier might be a new staple for pro teams, for example.

Why would anyone use the Primal kiteshield instead of the Promethium platebody? Only people with 90 Mining and 99 Smithing should bind Primal at this point, and the legs are better than the Kiteshield.

Sumondskull6.png

Why would anyone use the Primal kiteshield instead of the Promethium platebody? Only people with 90 Mining and 99 Smithing should bind Primal at this point, and the legs are better than the Kiteshield.

Dungeoneering update this month will make kiteshields useful for tanking. I mentioned it in the post you quoted.

dgs5.jpg