Panorama of Hauriki Gulf

Ouchy

Took this before. Took ages as I had to convert it from .ARW to .TIFF manually ._. I need a mass converter. I was pissed off because my remote shutter broke, so I couldn't use it. Stupid cheap Chinese Labour... I think I have fixed it, but I'm not sure...

Panorama_of_Hauraki_Gulf_by_Ouchy_S.jpg

Also, please check out the full view if you have the chance: http://ouchy-s.devia...-Gulf-171128747

Just click Download Image, and you will see the full view.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Its too bad you couldn't get more of the foreground (maybe different shutter speed? idk I'm not a photographer lol). I tried to actually color correct it and see if I could bring out the foreground but no luck :(.

Nice shot though, just pity so much of it is dark. Also I didn't even know there was a .ARW format, what is it exactly?

If you did it in Photoshop you can mass convert images through File -> Scripts -> Image Processor, but I guess that you might not have Photoshop.

I like it, but it feels like it's missing something. I'm not sure exactly what, but I think it needs a point of focus on the left hand side as well.

Nadril, .ARW is Sony's RAW format.

Yeah, I was quite disappointed with the foreground being so dark. You are right Nadril, I needed a slower shutter speed.

Thanks for the C/C.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You can put them all in the same thread you know, Haydn. It won't kill you :P

I'm not taking any chances! :shock:

Haha, will do :thumbup:

ojdv.jpg

Yeah, I was quite disappointed with the foreground being so dark. You are right Nadril, I needed a slower shutter speed.

Thanks for the C/C.

I see that your settings were: 2.5 sec shutter, 13 aperture, 400 ISO.

Make your shutter speed longer, bring down your ISO (I believe mid-low tier Canons have a base ISO of around 87, so as close as you can get to that) and maybe even close your aperture further.

A higher ISO will increase highlights a lot but not shadows as much. Use a RAW post-processor (Photoshop or Lightroom) and bring up the "Recovery" setting to as high as possible; this will tone down the highlights without affecting the overall image, so don't be afraid to make the sky bright.

Oh, and a little fun with Lightroom:

morning.jpg

I seem to have turned back time.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Thanks for all those tops Latios, you are correct in every case. :thumbup:

ojdv.jpg

That would make an epic multi-screen wallpaper, with Latios' color correction and it being a little larger :D

Got an ND8 yet? If you do have one you can come a little earlier so it won't be so dark! :)

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

That would make an epic multi-screen wallpaper, with Latios' color correction and it being a little larger :D

Got an ND8 yet? If you do have one you can come a little earlier so it won't be so dark! :)

I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Should be here in one to two days. Can't wait! :thumbup:

ojdv.jpg

They really are fun to use. They can also help when the sun is really bright too, I'm sure you know that photographing in bright sun is a pain.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Tell me about it. Can be a pain sometimes.

ojdv.jpg