Slash 0 -------Slash 63

Crush 0 ------- Crush 66

Magic -21------- Magic -4

Range -7 -------Range 93

Summoning 25

Other

Strength 2.0 ------- Prayer 1

Ranged Strength 0 ------- Equipment slot: Legs

and for a price of 23m+ the stre bonus doesnt make much difference realy if your 99 strength already its not much of a difference than not using it

verac skirt in my opinion is better espeicaly money wise,

Veracs_plateskirt.gif

attack ------- defence

Stab 0 ------- Stab 85

Slash 0 -------Slash 82

Crush 0 ------- Crush 83

Magic -21 ------- Magic 0

Range -7 -------Range 84

Summoning 30

Other

Strength 0.0------- Prayer 4

Ranged Strength 0 ------- Equipment slot: Legs

now this is only 2m 11x cheaper than tasset the - stats are the same as tasset, and the + on defence are all better now you could say if your 99 defence it doesnt matter, but all monsters differ and some need better def more than strength

it also does prayer which helps if yor power slaying more than the tiny 2+ stre for tasset

but yeah i made this post for other peoples views too

tenebri.png

The verac skirt is the obvious choice if you are using any sort of prayers (which you should be!). Even when you aren't praying I would still advise the verac skirt as the +2 strength bonus is barely going to make a difference, and at 23M more, unless you have NOTHING ELSE to spend the money on (which is impossible), then you could get the tassets.

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Get the tassets while they're still crashing, you can always sell them back in a few weeks and profit.

:thumbup:

But disregarding that, since that's really only a conditional piece of advice, the skirt is MUCH better, although bandos is better if you are doing something like TDS, where you need the extra range defense instead of the melee defense.

The skirt isn't "much" better than tassets, as zaaps1 says, though for it's price it is certainly the better choice. The prayer bonus, however, isn't really that big a deal.

Using "max strength" slayer gear- bandos, fire cape and so on- you lose 1385 prayer points per hour using turmoil. With a higher prayer bonus- SW cape & full proselyte- you lose 900 points per hour. So to save 485 prayer points (at 99 prayer, this is less than 4 prayer potion (4)'s), you sacrifice 10 strength bonus. Whilst you pay an extra 30-40k an hour in prayer potions, you gain 20-30 on your max hit. Very worth it, in my opinion, though this is of course calculated at 99 prayer; lower levels will require more potions.

Obviously this is an extrapolation, so must be taken with a pinch of salt, but it just goes to show that prayer bonus isn't everything. If you've got surplus money, certainly get a pair of tassets, though I wouldn't sell my bank for a pair.

Get the tassets while they're still crashing, you can always sell them back in a few weeks and profit.

i sold my tasset a while ago and bought v skirt and dfs insted (yes now that dfs crashing fml) but theres another high poin if you cant afford dfs (more strength bonus) than insted of bcp bt rune def insted you get bcp v sk dfs

tenebri.png

PERSONALLY, i use tassets, but thats because im a rich ass (cabbage), I find the range defence to be very handy, but, tbh, all round, veracs skirt is better, I still have one in bank, and use it occasionally for dks when i dont wana risk 50m. The only reason I don't use it for everything, is because it degrades, even though it is so very cheap, it is very annoying to repair it XD.

For you, i would advise skirt, and spend the rest of your money on something else.

meamzed.png

Tassets are better for training or slayer. You can always carry more prayer potions to a slayer task, but you cannot get that strength bonus anywhere else.

That being said you should have berserker ring, fury, and bandos chestplate before you buy tassets.

Tassets are better for training or slayer. You can always carry more prayer potions to a slayer task, but you cannot get that strength bonus anywhere else.

That being said you should have berserker ring, fury, and bandos chestplate before you buy tassets.

i agree with that also however 22m+ for 2+ strength? i know you cant get that for legs (apart from degrading vesta and statius but they degrade fully)

tenebri.png

in addition to what has been stated already.

The relative benefit of each additional prayer bonus, diminishes rapidly.

lets say you spend 160k gp/hour with +0 bonus

With +30 prayer bonus to get to only 80k gp/hour

you would need +90 prayer bonus to get down to 40k gp/hour

so if you're wearing a soul wars cape, you might be more inclined to get the tassets if money isn't an issue.

Naaxi.png

Off slayer, I wear tassets, since my Niet helm makes up for the prayer loss of the Skirt

on task I wear Verac skirt, since the helm I'm wearing gives no prayer.

Both have their uses, it just depends on how much you're willing to spend on pots and the specific situation. If you need range def, the tassets are better.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

in addition to what has been stated already.

The relative benefit of each additional prayer bonus, diminishes rapidly.

lets say you spend 160k gp/hour with +0 bonus

With +30 prayer bonus to get to only 80k gp/hour

you would need +90 prayer bonus to get down to 40k gp/hour

so if you're wearing a soul wars cape, you might be more inclined to get the tassets if money isn't an issue.

Very true. I used to wear v skirt + bcp + sw cape, but then figured out the extra 3 prayer from Verac skirt really doesn't make all thatm uch of a difference, and I don't need the def either. Later, when I got a rapier, I also started wearing ardy cape on high def tasks for the stab bonus (dark beasts, abbies, wyverns, steel drags, ...)