Maging Abby Demons

skylor12344

First i know fire bolt isnt very good for xp but its cheap. I was thinking about doing Fire Bolt with the Chaos Gaunts on abby demons to 90 mage (approx 40,692 casts although i will be using SoL and possibly battle robes if there is a safespot for killing them). I was wondering if this would be worth it as i dont like plank make since im so slow at clicking and i dont have a ton of money to burn on superheating gold or alching things that will lose me a ton of money. Reason im aiming for 90 atm is Earth surge i heard was profitable on abby demons (ill do this to 95 for fire surge/veng/barrage).

Setup:

FSH / Battle Robe Hood

Glory

Ahrim's Top / Battle Robe Top

Ahrim's Bottom / Battle Robe Bottom / Verac's Skirt (tanking)

Infinty Boots

Barrows Gloves

Zamorak Cape (from MA)

Seers Ring

SoL

Spirit Shield / Unholy Book

Any Changes i can make please make suggestions ( i have 10m tops to make any needed changes)

there are no safe spots for abby demons considering they teleport you or itself next to you / it

but im not sure if fire bolt is good enough i know surges hit but never seen people use bolt

hmm i really want 90 mage, i would use water surge but im almost positive ill lose a ton on it because of the price of waters/deaths/bloods

Well then ... Use Air Surge ? The base exp is only 5 less (80 vs 75) and the max damage is 20 less. (You will still lose a ton of money, but at least you will lose 33% less than Water Surging and you'll have almost the same xp/h)

Well then ... Use Air Surge ? The base exp is only 5 less (80 vs 75) and the max damage is 20 less. (You will still lose a ton of money, but at least you will lose 33% less than Water Surging and you'll have almost the same xp/h)

thats the reason im using Fire bolt with chaos gaunts, its still good xp but costs a ton less than surge spells until 90 where its suppose to profit.

Your setup is fine. Just use a bunyip and bring an EE. I wouldn't recommend camping abby demons with fire bolt, but whatever.

Then what would you suggest i do to 90 mage? Remember it cant be superheat, alch, or plank make. I wanted to do String Jewelry but gold ammys dont but on the G.E and i cant afford to pay 250+ ea for them

Fire Wave is under 500 gp per cast. That's better, imo.

Looked up the prices and not only is it cheaper but its nearly 20k less casts i think i might do this instead.

EDIT: I heard the drop rate of whip is 1:250 / 1:500 is this accurate?

Between 1:400 and 1:500 ish.

I'd just do the highest wave/surge you can do. You should easily profit with SOL and battle robes.

Okay ill do Water Surge then but ill buy the casts in sets of 5k that way i dont get burned out to fast

EDIT: What invo should i use? I was thinking something like

EE

2 Magic Essence Potions (3)

2 Bunyip Pouches

Summon Pot

Water Runes

Death Rune

Blood Runes

Air Runes

Rest food.

Your setup is fine. Just use a bunyip and bring an EE. I wouldn't recommend camping abby demons with fire bolt, but whatever.

Then what would you suggest i do to 90 mage? Remember it cant be superheat, alch, or plank make. I wanted to do String Jewelry but gold ammys dont but on the G.E and i cant afford to pay 250+ ea for them

I mage-slayed using claws of guthix and then surges with a wolpertinger. Ice wyrms are amazing exp, though I know you don't have access to them. I agree with other posters that you should use the highest surge spell available to you with a SoL and battle robes.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I mage-slayed using claws of guthix and then surges with a wolpertinger. Ice wyrms are amazing exp, though I know you don't have access to them. I agree with other posters that you should use the highest surge spell available to you with a SoL and battle robes.

I decided to use Water Surge instead of the earlier chosen spells but i still need a invo setup. Im killing abby demons atm while i wait for my SoL to come back to me from a friend

Ahrim's should do (you will profit and you should use it).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

ahrim should do.

Should i use ah top + v skirt & spirit shield or full ah with unholy book / spirit shield?

If you have a uni then you should be able to do fine with full ah and unholy book, thats what i used for 96-99 mage while fire surging. I also strongly suggest you use the best spell you can use because in those 3 levels i amassed 10 whips and about 2m in other drops which easily payed for the fire surges and netted about 110k-125k exp per hour.

Dubcit.png

ahrim should do.

Should i use ah top + v skirt & spirit shield or full ah with unholy book / spirit shield?

If you have a uni then you should be able to do fine with full ah and unholy book, thats what i used for 96-99 mage while fire surging. I also strongly suggest you use the best spell you can use because in those 3 levels i amassed 10 whips and about 2m in other drops which easily payed for the fire surges and netted about 110k-125k exp per hour.

I dont have access at the moment to the uni (hoping to amass around 5k crims from 86 - 99 mage) but i plan to use Water Surge on them until 90, Earth Surge until 95, then fire surge until 99

I was wondering if i would lose a ton of money using a water b-staff over SoL since my SoL is on loan to a friend (hes getting 99 hp through mage) and when he's done he's going to sell me his br's so i was wondering if water b-staff is a good replacement for sol temporarily?

Your missing the reason why people mage abby demons.

Full slayer helm, arcane stream, SOL, and surge spells.

Bolts with chaos guants is like old school metal dragon camping before people figured out slayer dart was decent and that you could make tons of money at barrows using use.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Your missing the reason why people mage abby demons.

Full slayer helm, arcane stream, SOL, and surge spells.

Bolts with chaos guants like like old school metal dragon camping before people figured out slayer dart was decent and that you could make tons of money at barrows using use.

I DO have the FSH, SoL and Surge spells but i dont have any of the arcane necklaces because i dont know how long it will take me to get one and im not to big a fan of dungeoneering. I plan to use Water Surge with battle robes and SoL once i get my SoL back and get my br's ill be using...i guess for now ill keep going to zammy gwd with my mates while i wait to get them.

If you're going to use Water Surge, get a Tome of Frost from Dungeoneering. It decreases the cost of your spells substantially.

Also, get an arcane stream necklace from the skill as well, it boosts magic damage by 15%, just like a Staff of Light.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

If you're going to use Water Surge, get a Tome of Frost from Dungeoneering. It decreases the cost of your spells substantially.

Also, get an arcane stream necklace from the skill as well, it boosts magic damage by 15%, just like a Staff of Light.

Thing is i dont like dungeoneering and i have no clue how long it will take me to get the arcane stream and tome of frost. At the moment i only have like 400 tokens (used a lot of them on upgrading my ring). I dont do teams as my friends dont like to do the skill and i dont trust random people you get on w117. Any ideas how long it will take me to get tome and arcane?