Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ring of Kinship

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

steviej
[ Display Name History ]

steviej

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Steviej
Is there anyone who can clarify exactly how to use the reset function? The guide does a poor job explaining it.

It seems like when i reset my progress, I try to start 5 levels back in a dungeon, and my prestige exp suffers a little. Not as much as if i didn't reset, though. Is the only way to maximize this exp to go through all the dungeon levels again? If so, this seems like a waste, since all the levels up to about 5 before your max seem to not be worth it.

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts
To get the best prestige exp you do have to reset after you complete all the floors you can, as you stated. The highest level floors actually give the best exp, and thus they are the most worthwhile ones to try to do with a team.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

steviej
[ Display Name History ]

steviej

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 515 posts
So the top dungeoneerers are running through every single level after each time they reset?

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts

So the top dungeoneerers are running through every single level after each time they reset?

ya

steviej
[ Display Name History ]

steviej

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 515 posts

ya

so i guess medium dungeons are not worth it either then? cause that takes too long.

Xanotex
[ Display Name History ]

Xanotex

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Xanotex
  • Clan:ollys fanclub, EOE

ya

so i guess medium dungeons are not worth it either then? cause that takes too long.

Most of them do floor 1-25 in a small dungeon with a big team to rush it fast and start doing 26-35 in large dungeons with 5 people to maximize the xp.

1-25: Small 5:5 or 5:1 to get them away fast (they're less xp)
26-35: Large 5:5 to maximize the xp

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

steviej
[ Display Name History ]

steviej

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 515 posts
ah... now i get it... thank you

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

Most of them do floor 1-25 in a small dungeon with a big team to rush it fast and start doing 26-35 in large dungeons with 5 people to maximize the xp.

1-25: Small 5:5 or 5:1 to get them away fast (they're less xp)
26-35: Large 5:5 to maximize the xp

Keep in mind that you need to find a decent team before this is an applicable strategy. Teams of random people have a tendency to suck and the good dungeoneering clans won't accept you, so you'll want to get as many friends together as you can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users