Sgs

homer205

I've been reading on here a lot that the sgs is outdated and thats made me think that perhaps I should sell it. I do have a couple of questions as to what to replace it with and what to do with the money?

As I intend to continue slaying what should I replace the healing with? I have bunyip, b2p and guthans, is it worth doing the diary for enhanced excalibur? 200 lifepoints of healing doesn't seem like much for the entire special bar. Any other healing items I should get?

If I do sell then what should I do with the cash? In the equipment department I have guthans, karils, whip, dfs and fury. Skill wise I have 99 farming banked so please don't suggest that. I have 47m in he bank and would like to retain at 10-20m of this as a precaution so if I sell the sgs then I should have around 70-80m to spend. My stats are below.

Hope someone can help with what to spend the money on or whether I should keep the sgs?

newbitmapimagebh.png

Edit: Thanks for the advice. I've put in an offer for 8k dragons bones and to sell my sgs and dfs. I'll put in an offer for the rest of the bones once they sell then save them untill the bonus xp weekend. I've got enough golds and crimsons banked for 79 summoning although now I doubt I have enough for the shards and secondarys. The extreme potions look to be ou of my reach for the moment but I'll keep them in mind.

Edit 2: Just read that the bonus xp weekend doesn't stack with gilded altar, what about ectofunctus?

Edited by homer205

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Herb and Sum

You're actually not far off the really good pots so I'd definately advise herb.

And with your high mage, you could easily burst a few lobs and get reasonably close to titans.

You probably can't do both, but these should be your main options.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Sell the SGS, DFS, and guthans. Buy turmoil.

SGS is a nice spec, but claws are usually better, especially for slayer. SGS is also vastly inferior to the speed you'd be getting from extremes/turmoil. DFS is inferior to a rune defender for pretty much any task, except on dragons where it's inferior to super antifires. Guthans is incredibly outdated, and is really not worth using anymore.

If you really only want to sell the SGS, I don't believe you'll have enough for turm. Extremes are another option to consider, however turmoil > extremes. Also, because of the double exp weekend, herblore supplies are near impossible to buy.

EE is a nice spec if you don't have claws, EE+a bunyip should be able to keep you up on most tasks. At 92 prayer you also get SS, which you can flash to pretty much keep yourself up anywhere.

I feel the EE was definitely worth it. The task isn't that long, it gives you a break from everyday 'scaping, and it does come in handy during slayer tasks. Bunyip plus the EE is almost always more than enough to keep you (granted you aren't taking on hard hitting monsters).

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

At your levels you need bunyip and one of the following.

Guthans

Enhanced excalibur

Sara godsword.

Pick only one and learn to play that way. I have lower stats than you and the only task I cannot finish in one trip pretty much is waterfiends. I don't use godsword or enhanced excalibur either, might use guthans once in awhile.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items