Paying for features

The Observer

Sometimes there are budgets that are involved in managing a clan. This includes paying for a forum package licence, a teamspeak server or hosting.

But at the end of the day, does it really help at all? If you look at The Titans as an example, they have a free forum host and they are doing better than some who paid for software such as Invision Power Board or hosting for phpBB3.

j0xPu5R.png

The way I see it is that it depends on the way it's presented. Let's say if you paid for your forums and they look terrible, then a free host that's presented quite well would be much more appealing obviously. Sure some other packages might have more features but for some, it doesn't matter what happens behind the administration panel, as long as it works and looks good for the members using it.

j0xPu5R.png

Sometimes there are budgets that are involved in managing a clan. This includes paying for a forum package licence, a teamspeak server or hosting.

But at the end of the day, does it really help at all? If you look at The Titans as an example, they have a free forum host and they are doing better than some who paid for software such as Invision Power Board or hosting for phpBB3.

I know I actually considered joining the titans, but their boards were ridiculously ugly, so I didn't.

I think the only paid service that is really crucial for a clan is teamspeak hosting. While paying for hosting is nice, and may have a small effect on the overall opinion of the site, it isn't necessary for success.

What's far more important are things like a well implemented vision, good leadership, and dedicated members.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I think it makes your clan more attractive to possible players who might be looking for a clan, but a clan like TT and all of the success they have had there is really no need.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

We pay for our forums - $20 per month - but since we have a 512-slot TS3 server that is run through the forums, we don't pay anything for TS3. Overall, I think it's worth paying for things if you have the money. We can easily pay for our forum costs due to the activity of the boards (500-600 posts per 24 hours with only 64 members isn't shabby at all) so it's worth it.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

First impression counts alot.. But my clan really doesnt need to pay for one in order to make it look good. Designers can make an excellent job

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

I don't think it's really necessary to have paid though it can be extremely useful. I think it more depends on the forum tech who runs it that makes the forums better or worse. I don't know much about audio but if you have a large enough clan not sure if free servers would host enough slots.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

If your clan is big and active enough I think Paying for TS is a must.

Paying for your forums and having extra features is nice, but its not needed to have a successful clan.

warlordlol.gifProud to have been Tempted Killers Council

cudiimb.jpg

Tk since Day one to the end

If you want to attract members you'll need decent forums. BUT the forums don't contribute to all of the success, I'd say probably 35% of a clans success is within the forum community. The more appealing it is to post (Ex: looks, how easy it is, clean it looks, how organized it is, cool featers, etc.) the more members will get involved within the forum community.

I recently explored around with some help, I found a way to get a Paid for site for like 100/yr, which included TS3. While we are currently paying around like 200/yr for audio :angry: So we could save 100 bucks if we did it a yr. Plus I think you can set up ADS for your forums and help pay for stuff.

So I think it's really worth the money and there is no reason for clans not to look into it, I'm sure someone in the clan has a job and loves the clan and would be happy to help contribute. Then you can pay them back over time with ads.

6590ew.jpg

If I had to pay for anything in my clan, I'd do it without being asked. We luckily have a fantastic forum admin in Warria07 who has made a free Zetaboards forum a really fantastic homely place which I wouldn't want to leave even for better forums, of course with help from Warria06 too. I think paying for features is worth it if a high rank is willing to do it, I'd never ask members in T0 to help contribute towards anything. If we can't afford something, then we don't have it. Simple.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader