Forum Reshuffle

tripsis

We have reshuffled the forums so that the Falador Tavern is now the main forum, with the Falador Library and Rusco as its subforums. We hope that this change will make users more aware of the more active and unrestricted forum and hopefully bring in some new members.

In a few weeks we will likely revisit the issue of merging the Falador Library with the Falador Tavern. We would like to give it the opportunity to gain some activity before making any final decisions. If you do not have access to this forum but would like access, please follow the instructions on the following sticky: How to Access this Board.

Happy roleplaying :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Glad it was implemented, almost thought you guys forgot!

I don't think the Library threads should ever be moved into the Tavern. If necessary, I support the Library and possibly Rusco being deleted with a sticky thread here explaining their concept should there someday be a substantial audience for such games.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Thankyou for not merging, that was a pretty [developmentally delayed]ed idea.

Like mixing strawberry jam and marmalade.... wait that would be a good idea, I wonder what it tastes like.

I suppose it would be pretty citrusy but it would still have the strawberry in it, it would probably be too sweet for me, I'd prefer peanut butter mixed with marmalade.

[Falador tavern]

I think it is because there is nothing to discuss.

We have said our bit on the other thread, the admin/mod made their views quite clear.

Forum will be merged after the majority of people say they would prefer nothing to change, though if something must happen then Falador Library/Rusco should get deleted.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Forum will be merged after the majority of people say they would prefer nothing to change, though if something must happen then Falador Library/Rusco should get deleted.

Deleted over merged?

I fail to see why the level of activity warrants a dead board - making a merge idea, however it boggles me as to why deletion is better than a merge .

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Deleted over merged?

I fail to see why the level of activity warrants a dead board - making a merge idea, however it boggles me as to why deletion is better than a merge .

I don't see why they're against a merge either...its just a couple dead topics that will be pushed to the last page. I fail to see what the fuss is all about.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

It seems we're doomed to see each other as enigmas, we Tavernites and you Administrators. We both work in ways the other cannot comprehend.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I got my start in 2007 in the clan section, at the time a dead section of the board with 8 forums that averaged 4? posts a day. They had to be streamlined to get to what they are now. I'm all for bringing life back into a board, but dead boards in my view should be consolidated with boards if they match to one.

I'm all for logical arguements as to why it shouldn't be done - but I don't really see the difference in adding dead posts to an active forum.

Worst case: No one sees them and they fade into long page numbers where no one posts on them as they are now

Best case: New life ?

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I don't like messy things, your adding messy things.

We have a pretty neat desk and its almost like you are plonking some stuff on the side, it doesn't effect the working space but it always annoys you when you see it.

[Falador tavern]

i see it as sticking stuff in the filing cabinet in the desk that is opened once a year when you're really bored.

Abraham Lincoln

Fair summary, Edel.

New life is more likely if it's a separate forum, and if it's deleted my suggestion for a sticky explaining the concept would allow those potentially interested to start it back up.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Because dead ideas should stay dead.

Rusco was a slow paced game with people who wouldn't dream of killing each other...

The Tavern is fast paced and everyone tries to kill everyone else.

The Library and Tavern are two diametrically opposed ideas...

Hence why I don't want them merged.

Thus deleting a forum, of which only one proper member remains and said person argues for deletion, is the best course of action...If action must be taken.

As for the 'new life' arguement...wouldn't it make more sense to merge the tavern into Off Topic?

Merging one lifeless forum into a forum with 14 members and two and a half significant threads(Occationally another one breaks through but we never have more than three properly active for more than a week)

I'm all for logical arguements as to why it shouldn't be done - but I don't really see the difference in adding dead posts to an active forum.

Same applies for leaving dead forums on active boards...

Rusco was a slow paced game with people who wouldn't dream of killing each other...

The Tavern is fast paced and everyone tries to kill everyone else.

Give the threads rules based on tempo/style? doesn't seem too challenging or complicated for users to comprehend.

Thus deleting a forum, of which only one proper member remains and said person argues for deletion, is the best course of action...If action must be taken.

I guess I don't see why leaving a dead thread for archival purposes in public is worse than hiding the forum out of sight where users no longer have access to it at any capacity, it just seems silly to want an entire forums history and memories gone rather than merged with a similar (both are roleplaying forums) forum.

wouldn't it make more sense to merge the tavern into Off Topic?

I don't really compare role-playing with discussions on Hot Celebrities, Mosques/Religion/Politics and Ethics (Homsexuality) and current events.

Abraham Lincoln

Give the threads rules based on tempo/style? doesn't seem too challenging or complicated for users to comprehend.

And yet...

Added to that, the thread rules cannot be enforced...So, as long as someone posts in character, they can come on and totally screw up games.

I guess I don't see why leaving a dead thread for archival purposes in public is worse than hiding the forum out of sight where users no longer have access to it at any capacity, it just seems silly to want an entire forums history and memories gone rather than merged with a similar (both are roleplaying forums) forum.

It is better to leave it in a protected zone, where it is occassionally browsed and may one day be restarted, than to bury it behind a wall of Hegemony/Dungeoneering type games, where, if it is ever restarted it will be by the Dungeoneering/Hegemony crowd, which would turn the game from what it once was into something totally different.

As long as it is seperate people consider the ideas within them to be seperate.

My attempt at compromise is to delete it, since that fufills both our goals...

It prevents their memory being destroyed by a 'version' being created by the Tavern crowd, and it removes a dead forum from the public view.

I don't really compare role-playing with discussions on Hot Celebrities, Mosques/Religion/Politics and Ethics (Homsexuality) and current events.

To me the Off Topic Forum is a Forum for Off Topic Stuff.

Since:

Off Topic(noun)=Not to do with the main subject.

Ergo:

Off Topic(Board)=Not to do with Runescape.

Then:

Dungeoneering, Rusco, Hegemony=Not to do with Runescape.

Hence:

Dungeoneering, Rusco, Hegemony=Off Topic(noun)=Off Topic(Board).

Hence why this whole debate is fundermetally flawed, you have little or no knowladge of what you are dealing with.

I have seen little evidence that you know anything about Rusco or Dungeoneering or Hegemony...

Thus you fall back on the 'They are roleplays'...

Just as I know relatively little about anything in the Off Topic Forum, thus I fall back on the 'It's Off Topic Stuff'.

Not really much else I can say, you will either accept the opinion that you are not able to make this decision, or you will ignore it because you already have the right to make this decision...

does it matter? why not put them in the back of the tavern. they could make a good read, and if required, we can split them up again or just have a diferent ruleset. jeeze.. and you guys say I'm stubborn..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Falador Tavern is a roleplaying forum

Falador Library is a roleplaying forum

They are the most similar forums to eachother. Thus that is where the inactive one would be merged.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

This, really.

You're going to merge them anyway. We both know that, so why bother asking our opinion on the matter? Just do it.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Hence why this whole debate is fundermetally flawed, you have little or no knowladge of what you are dealing with. I have seen little evidence that you know anything about Rusco or Dungeoneering or Hegemony...Thus you fall back on the 'They are roleplays'...Just as I know relatively little about anything in the Off Topic Forum, thus I fall back on the 'It's Off Topic Stuff'.

You do realise that the Off Topic and Tavern are actually sub-forums of the General Discussion forum, right? And Roleplaying and Strategic gaming are definitely different than an off-topic discussion. One is for playing games that are not related to Runescape, the other for discussing topics also not related to Runescape.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Falador Tavern is a roleplaying forum

Falador Library is a roleplaying forum

They are the most similar forums to eachother. Thus that is where the inactive one would be merged.

Yup, hence proving my point.

You do realise that the Off Topic and Tavern are actually sub-forums of the General Discussion forum, right? And Roleplaying and Strategic gaming are definitely different than an off-topic discussion. One is for playing games that are not related to Runescape, the other for discussing topics also not related to Runescape.

However I do not have the power or inclination to merge the two forums, so me knowing nothing about Off Topic has little bearing on anything.

jeesus christ. i thought i was the only stubborn till death person in the tavern.. but arechi's proved me wrong. WHATS so bad about having a few threads put in the BACK of the tavern, where we will actually have to work (sligtly) to get to them, and are usually not met in a regular dip n the trot run of the tavern. there IS NO POINT in continuing to be so friggen sutborn about somthing that is totally FINE, totaly livable with, AND NOT much trouble. if you want to keep the tavern pure, then just dont ask for them to be deleted carlessley when some people (myself) may want to read over the interesting stories that they provide.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

This is what I mean about not having all the facts...

Earth, I am the soul surviving member from the Library...a significant minority of the posts are mine.

And, oddly enough, I don't want the posts to be deleted, I want them kept where they are...However since that is not an option I came up with a compromise that I could live with.

The actual impact on the Tavern is negligable.

To me the Off Topic Forum is a Forum for Off Topic Stuff.

It's not runescape related, but it's not Off topic, and it's in the "non runescape related boards"

watk.jpg

By your logic, Tech and computers, Forum Games, Gallery etc should ALSO be sub-boards to Off topic, I disagree. The Tavern and Library are "unique" enough to pull in a large of enough of a demographic dedicated to roleplaying...Sports and fitness isn't. nor is music and movies.

Subforums are typically created for a genre of category that could dominate a front page of topics of a broad category (like music taking up lots of OT). The Tavern/Library is big enough and unique enough to warrant it's own spot on the index.

it's a different environment, largely a different user-base, and in my honest view, OT and roleplaying belong together as much as Forum Games and Roleplaying. By your logic they are both "off topic" - You could easily apply logic that roleplaying is a "game" and they are both "Games". It's all perspective.

Added to that, the thread rules cannot be enforced...So, as long as someone posts in character, they can come on and totally screw up games.

Wouldn't that be the GM's job to enforce rules? if not the GM the mods? I'll be honest and say I don't know how it works currently, but i'll certainly send doomsavenger a PM and inquire. Every time i've role played in real time, that quandary you have in text that you mentioned has never happened.

Hence why this whole debate is fundermetally flawed, you have little or no knowladge of what you are dealing with.

I may not be able to name 5 threads here if you put a gun to my head, but with 3 years of being staff in this community and a combined 10 years of Clan Leading/Non-Runescape Community based Staff work - I'd like to think I've managed enough communities to have a general idea of how they fundamentally work, I'd like to thank after 5 years of managing a call center - I'd understand the value and importance of customer service. It's a forum with it's own unique culture, but it's still a community, and communities all have basic principals.

Not really much else I can say, you will either accept the opinion that you are not able to make this decision, or you will ignore it because you already have the right to make this decision...

It's a basic Mangerial concept that all Managers have a god given right of Legitimate Power - Sure it works, but theres some problems with that. For starters *I* Can't ignore anything, we are an administrative team and function as a unit, so if we decide to make a decision, we do have the power - to "ignore" people and do what we want.

But this is a forum, by the users, for the users. If we wanted to ignore, we wouldn't be here, countering these posts and trying to make heads or tails of it.

According to Sir Francis Bacon knowledge is power and our users insights provide more power than our Legitimate Power does.

We work for the users, without them, we are nothing.

It seems the majority of the Tavern is split down the middle on the merging, i'd like to try at least converse and discuss with those who want them separate, not because I have to, but because I want to understand their side and try to explain mine.

Abraham Lincoln