Forum Reshuffle

tripsis

... you edited that in? and seriously, will you stoptreating everything like a conspiracy! its not!

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... you edited that in? and seriously, will you stoptreating everything like a conspiracy! its not!

No. And I never said [cabbage] about a conspiracy.

Please go quietly sit in the corner. You know nothing about what's going on. Hell, you weren't even part of that admin-user multi-way discussion that we had a few months back. So shush.

You didn't message the admins and tried to make peace by apologizing for how things went and then were completely blown off, despite your politeness. Only one (ONE!) admin in that discussion had the integrity to respond politely to what I said. The rest posted inane statements that basically said "[bleep] you".

So really, I know what the hell I'm talking about. You don't, and if I'm coming across as harsh, I'm sorry. But really, all you're accomplishing is instigation.

And I'm only really pissed off about this again because it was brought up again when some of the aforementioned knew how controversial the subject was. We really just want the admins to back off for a while. We know what they want to do in regards to the forum "reshuffle". Just do it. A lot of us don't like the idea, so you are accomplishing nothing by trying to strongarm us into agreeing with you by harping at us about it.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

meh, im used to harsh. but dude, i do know somewhat what im talking about. but, you make it SOUNd like a friggen conspiracy with all the friggen story coming in as bits and pieces crap. ive been watching a bit to much history chanal latley so thats not help, but.. whatever.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It is not the intent of the Administrators to make your guys' lives miserable. However you do have to remember that we are the Administrators and thus leaders and runners of this forum so our presence is inevitable. We are trying our best to work with you guys rather than against you and it is a shame that some of you seem to feel that we are working against you.

In regards to merging, the Tip.it Forums as a whole have undergone many, many changes over the years. We are continuously making changes in all areas and the Falador Tavern is no exception. Honestly it does kind of amaze me to see such an uproar over such a small issue. I'm starting to even wonder if we're actually arguing about the merging of forums or if we're really arguing about Administrative involvement (regardless of what form it takes). At the fault of the Administrative Team, the Falador Tavern was left unattended by us for a long time so I think the sudden appearance of Administrators is causing some.. ruffled feathers. While our involvement may be more obvious than before, we are not trying to breathe down your necks and control your every move. That being said, you do need to remember that the Falador Tavern is a part of the Tip.it Forums which is led by Administrators and all parts of the forum are subject to the Tip.it Forum Rules. But we really need to try to work with each other rather than against each other. I hope I can speak for more than just myself when I say that this constant arguing over trivial issues is getting tiresome. I'm not trying to strip you all of your opinions and some debate is welcome, but please try to consider how serious an issue really is before making a big deal out of it (and we will do the same). There will always be some decisions that you are displeased with, and I'm sure there will be some decisions that the Administrative Team is displeased with. The decisions we have to make are not always easy and we do not always like them. But we do always make those decisions for the good of the community and with its interests in mind.

At the end of the day, Administrators serve the users. It saddens me to see such hostility between the two groups in this forum. It seems that with every issue here that Administrators are involved in, there is an outcry of some sort. I don't know if there are some underlying feelings that we need to work out or what.. but I would like to get this settled now rather than let it continue through this issue and into future issues. Both sides will eventually need to make sacrifices and occasionally give in. But I think we can both give a little to make this relationship work and both sides can walk away happier.

And maybe we all need to consider: what are we really fighting for?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think it stems from admins never being here, then suddenly taking away our postcounts, acting all surprised when we got mad at it, and telling us our posts weren't deemed worthy and were too 'spammy'. On this topic, you never did give us a solid reason why our posts don't count.

I think it stems from admins never being here, then suddenly taking away our postcounts, acting all surprised when we got mad at it, and telling us our posts weren't deemed worthy and were too 'spammy'. On this topic, you never did give us a solid reason why our posts don't count.

Compared to the rest of the boards, here we are extremely lenient when it comes to spam and casual conversation/banter. Posts that would be removed in say General Discussion due to not contributing enough to the topic at hand would not be removed here. When the forum was first created, we did not disable post count because we did not create this forum with the intention of being more lenient when it comes to spam, off-topic posts and casual chatter. Over time (and in the administrators' absence), the forum came to adapt those qualities. I am not saying ALL of the posts in this forum are spam and that NONE of these posts in this forum are worthy enough to count towards post count. However, due to our extreme leniency in some areas (which is not exercised in other forums), we chose to remove post count.

Now I would be happy to compromise. Either we maintain our leniency and post count remains disabled, or if you guys would prefer having post count we can keep this forum to the same standards as other forums (note: this isn't a promise as I'd have to discuss it with the other admins).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

I never knew a post count actually mattered to a roleplayer... -_-

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Close to 70% of your posts are in this forum though, Trust me when I say this has a much more lenient conversation style posting than say general or OT.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Close to 70% of your posts are in this forum though, Trust me when I say this has a much more lenient conversation style posting than say general or OT.

I know a high majority of my posts are in here. But I'm just saying, as a roleplayer and forum goer, I could care less about post count and I don't see why the taking away of count in the Tavern is an issue to a couple of the others.

To be honest, I'm getting sick of the tavern posters thinking they are above the rest of the forums and deserve to not be subjected to the same rules. We're all a part of Tip.it...so we all have to follow the rules. Why oh why is this such a hard concept for a couple people?

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I know a high majority of my posts are in here. But I'm just saying, as a roleplayer and forum goer, I could care less about post count and I don't see why the taking away of count in the Tavern is an issue to a couple of the others.

I meant my reply towards TheKingdomOfSpork ; I personally would be fine with disabling postcount forum wide. Roleplayers don't need it, no one does really.It's awesome you feel the way you do about postcount, it's not like you could possibly say anything else more awesome...wait..

To be honest, K'm getting sick of the tavern posters thinking they are above the rest of the forums and deserve to not be subjected to the same rules. We're all a part of Tip.it...so we all have to follow the rules. Why oh why is this such a hard concept for a couple people?

I stand corrected :P

Seriously though. I say this as a guy who is like 95% clans/general/off topic - you guys have ALOT of leniancy in whats considered spam or off topic here - and it's cool, It's become a part of the atmosphere - which is one reason post count was disabled. Personally i'd rather everyone enjoy themselves and not get an epic high postcount - than us crackdown on the forums for no valid reason

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Outside of the backroom, our posts really aren't as spammy as you seem to think. It is more casual, but definitely not what Id consider 'bad'. Ill admit that week when Archi went AWOL things started to get bad, unfortunately that was also the week the admins decided to show up here.

I guess this is kind of like if the government banned purple shirts. The fact that I can't wear a purple shirt wouldn't bother me, it's the fact that the government had no valid reason for banning them.

EDIT - Who's quote is that?

EDIT - :wall:

My goodness. I think you dug a horse out of its grave and proceeded to beat it some more.

I used to care about postcount, but then I realized.... It's just a number. If someone thinks I'm more or less established or better or worse behaved because of some number, that person is not the type of person I'd care to be around.

There. I think I have beat the remaining organs out of the dead horse, can we please stick a hatchet in the thing and re-bury it?

a70c7.png

I think incinerating the dead horse would be a better idea. That way no one can dig it back up. :P

Lqt9R.png

I think incinerating the dead horse would be a better idea. That way no one can dig it back up. :P

I'll put those ashes in an urn and run!

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

One question before I bury the horse. Does the 45 seconds between posts apply to all forum members, or just those in the tavern. I always assumed it was for everyone, but someone said a while back that was just for us.

Flood control is applied to all forum members (except admins and moderators).

Posted Image

It should be shorter, if someone makes five posts in 45 seconds than a 2 minute time limit will be imposed on posts.

But a load of posts are spam on this forum that we seem to accept.

[Falador tavern]

Why do we need to post faster than we already are? Most people find it fun to post a really long reply, and if their target post ends up two pages away because people start yelling and screaming... Well, that's no fun!

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Why do we need to post faster than we already are? Most people find it fun to post a really long reply, and if their target post ends up two pages away because people start yelling and screaming... Well, that's no fun!

Because I usually write three long posts and try to post them all at the same time, its easier that way.

[Falador tavern]

... How is it easier that way? You could edit, or seperate or.. Gah! Doesn't make much sense to me.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Meh. I share the sentiment that removing the count was pointless, I just have to remeind myself that it probably wasn't done out of spite. :rolleyes:

One thing annoys me, though, I wish I knew at what post count you recieved a new title. Nothing significant, just been bugging me.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.