frames-per-second..

oliboli1992

Hey,

I am using runescape client, and recently they have updated it so you can toggle it to show your frames-per-second and the cache percentage.

I have currently got about 16-18 fps which is quite low, and i'm operating at 100.00% cache, i was wondering if there was any way to improve the fps?

I'm not very computer literate so if you need more details you will have to tell me where to get it, all helps would be appreciated. =)

untitled.jpg

does this help?

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Post your specs. You can find them in the control panel, under the "System" icon/link.

Specs include: operating system, hard drive, memory(RAM), processor, video card

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Hey,

I am using runescape client, and recently they have updated it so you can toggle it to show your frames-per-second and the cache percentage.

I have currently got about 16-18 fps which is quite low, and i'm operating at 100.00% cache, i was wondering if there was any way to improve the fps?

I'm not very computer literate so if you need more details you will have to tell me where to get it, all helps would be appreciated. =)

Go to a busy place where lots of things are going on. Perhaps the GE or some place where there’s good moving dynamic scenery.

Then start turning options off in your RS configuration screen and note which ones make a difference.

I can get the FPS to 50 in the GE if I turn off a lot of the eye candy. But the game looks so crappy that way...

Running OpenGL 2.1, BTW.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Right click on your desktop and chose "properties" Go to the last tab (settings) and print screen that.

Based on what I see so far, your computer is quite old and you're probably stuck with low FPS. As the poster above me said, the lower quality settings you use, the higher your fps will be.

polvCwJ.gif

As the poster above me said, the lower quality settings you use, the higher your fps will be.

With some computers (like mine) HD is actually faster as it uses the graphics card while SD doesn't. I have around 15-20 FPS with safe mode and minimum graphics while OpenGL with max graphics runs at 50 FPS. However as the OP's computer is quite old this probably isn't the case.

As the poster above me said, the lower quality settings you use, the higher your fps will be.

With some computers (like mine) HD is actually faster as it uses the graphics card while SD doesn't. I have around 15-20 FPS with safe mode and minimum graphics while OpenGL with max graphics runs at 50 FPS. However as the OP's computer is quite old this probably isn't the case.

Huh. Didn't know that. Still, I doubt that'll help the OP.

polvCwJ.gif

ah thanks people, yeah my laptop is about 5 years old, was hoping i could coax some more performance out of it, but i'm thinking of getting a new laptop soon, looks like i might do that now.... =) thanks to everyone for all your help.

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

In the RS development console, you can type renderer and it will show you really helpful details about your graphics. You don't even have to be logged in to see it. That would help us give some useful advice.

For example, mine:

Vendor: 4318

Name:: OpenGL

Version: 21

Driver: geforce 7950 gt/pci/sse2/32dnow!

Driver Version: 0

PvP is not for me

In the RS development console, you can type renderer and it will show you really helpful details about your graphics. You don't even have to be logged in to see it. That would help us give some useful advice.

For example, mine:

ah kk thanks, i just did that and it came up with:

Vendor: 0

Name:: SSE

Version: 1

Driver: CPU

Driver Version:

Oliboli1992.png

In the RS development console, you can type 'renderer' and it will show you really helpful details about your graphics. You don't even have to be logged in to see it. That would help us give some useful advice.

For example, mine:

Driver Version:

I believe this is indicative of software emulation rather than true hardware support for the graphics, which means you are probably running in software mode. That's identical to what I see when I choose Display Mode: Software.

Safe Mode will say 0,Pure Java,1,CPU,0

You might try choosing DirectX and see if you can tweak that. I'd be hella surprised if you had any OpenGL support at all.

PvP is not for me

In the RS development console, you can type 'renderer' and it will show you really helpful details about your graphics. You don't even have to be logged in to see it. That would help us give some useful advice.

For example, mine:

Driver Version:

I believe this is indicative of software emulation rather than true hardware support for the graphics, which means you are probably running in software mode. That's identical to what I see when I choose Display Mode: Software.

Safe Mode will say 0,Pure Java,1,CPU,0

You might try choosing DirectX and see if you can tweak that. I'd be hella surprised if you had any OpenGL support at all.

Yeah SSE would be software mode, because the software element of a basic java install is "Java SSE"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue