Mousekeys / Autohotkey

AuburnFury

I was wondering if using autohotkey and writing a script to clean herbs would be allowed?

I'd program it so that each click i press, it would clean a herb, so it would be 1 click for 1 action, but it still feels like cheating..

Like have 'q' for slot one 'w' for the next so i could just swipe across my keyboard and clean them all quickly

I've seen wakka's mousekey guide, but i'm still quite skeptical about what i read on the RS rules page

'Software that generates input to our game applets. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses.'

Point me in the right direction =P I won't bother if it's against the rules in some way

auburnfury.png

I was wondering if using autohotkey and writing a script to clean herbs would be allowed?

I'd program it so that each click i press, it would clean a herb, so it would be 1 click for 1 action, but it still feels like cheating..

Like have 'q' for slot one 'w' for the next so i could just swipe across my keyboard and clean them all quickly

I've seen wakka's mousekey guide, but i'm still quite skeptical about what i read on the RS rules page

'Software that generates input to our game applets. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses.'

Point me in the right direction =P I won't bother if it's against the rules in some way

what you have to be careful of here is that you're saying each key would "clean a herb"

to do that you'd have to click and move the mouse with each keypress which isn't allowed

fishing.gif

what you have to be careful of here is that you're saying each key would "clean a herb"

to do that you'd have to click and move the mouse with each keypress with each keystroke, which isn't allowed

But could i do it so like.. It clicks, then the next press would move the mouse to the next herb down, click to clean, click to move down, when it gets to the bottom, click to move right, then click to move up. I think overall it would take 4 buttons, just pressed over and over again.

As in:

1 = Click

2= Move Down

3= Move Right

4= Move up

So it would be - 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,3,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,3,1.... etc

auburnfury.png

I'm curious why you want to attempt this, rather than spamming 5 and dragging your cursor over the herbs.

It's obvious, this way you could just watch a movie while spamming 5.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

If you have a separate button for moving and clicking, then I don't see how it could be against the rules. Would be cool if you made it so Q cleaned the first herb, W moved down to the next one, E cleaned it, R moved down to the next one... And when done you just bank manually and redo. Just move your finger through the keyboard. I think it's faster and at least more accurate than hovering with mouse and spamming 5 and +.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

the use of mouse movements involving absolute coordinates is forbidden (relative coordinates are allowed, like regular mousekeys)

so yeah it is cheating

will you get banned? who knows

But if you make it so each keypress is just a jump relative to where the mouse currently is, it's not cheating right? Because then the only difference to regular mousekeys is that you're using more keys for the same thing.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

I'm curious why you want to attempt this, rather than spamming 5 and dragging your cursor over the herbs.

By spamming 5, I assume you mean hitting a specific sequence of 3 to 5 separate buttons to clean 28 herbs at a glacial pace, then bank each time.

God forbid you miss a button in the sequence only to have your cursor move outside your inventory window so instead of cleaning herbs you'll be frantically running around the bank while watching your movie.

Just doesn't sound like a great idea.

By spamming 5, I assume you mean hitting a specific sequence of 3 to 5 separate buttons to clean 28 herbs at a glacial pace, then bank each time.

God forbid you miss a button in the sequence only to have your cursor move outside your inventory window so instead of cleaning herbs you'll be frantically running around the bank while watching your movie.

Just doesn't sound like a great idea.

Yeah I don't think it was really supposed to work with watching movies. Just make cleaning even easier.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

Well, if you configure autohotkey to move your cursor to the herb the first time you press 5, then left click the next time you press 5, then move cursor down to the next when you press 5, until you are done, then automatically banking my pressing 5's as well. It should be allowed, but it would mistaken to botting by the game probably. But its legal

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody