Im lost! Back after 2 years o.O

Triforceelf

So, after randomly deciding after some bouts of insomnia and kidney stones that I should give Runescape another go, I log in to the nice message of "Its been 800 some odd days since you last played!" After some scrambling I remembered my bank pin and did the dwarf poet quest. Now I am basically totally lost. There are two new skills (The last skill I remember well was hunting) that I don't understand, and a bunch of new mini games. I also noticed that I have about 10x the number of hit points I remember having. Am I a God now, or did the kids just want to see BIG NUMBERS?

Anyway, what I am really wondering is what exactly is there to do now? Which mini games are the highest rated, which skills are the most fun to do and what quests are the most entertaining. I have decent skills (obviously other then summoning and... dungeoneering?) so most any quest is open to me, though I have done the Legends quest and all related quests. Is dungeoneering and summoning important/fun?

Thanks for any input advice or sanity counseling.

triforceelf.png

Summoning allows you to summon familiars to help you do your tasks. They can even carry items. It boosts your combat level, but this doesn't show in F2P.

Dungeoneering is similar to a mini-game, however it offers good rewards if you play it enough. The good thing about this skill you don't really need to buy anything for it since everything is done within the dungeon.

The best help would be to read some skill guides telling about the skill. It will explain things in detail a lot better than I can in this post. :razz:

My suggestions to you are though to train your combat. A lot of the new quests and Dungeoneering need a decent combat level so that you can train it a lot more effectively. Just my two cents anyway.

j0xPu5R.png

Summoning is one of the most useful skills so you should definately work on that, its fairly easy to train but can be expensive.

There are several ways to get the charms to train it, the most popular being Slayer, just picking up any charms that are dropped on your tasks.

As for Dungeoneering, it can be a very fun skill to train, depending on your team etc. It also unlocks some great rewards so you might be interested in it. :thumbup:

vansing.png

Dungeoneering unlocks some very good equipment, especially the Arcane Stream Necklace at lvl 70. At lvl 80 you can access the great chaotic weapons, Rapier (best allround/slayer), Longsword (TD's/crap) and Maul (idk). They have very high stats, but they are also degrading, but most people will think its worth it. And at lvl 85 you unlock the frost dragon cave, good cash if you have a high lvl!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Fun is subjective to person to person, so I can't really help you out there.

Dungeoneering is a new skill released a few months ago, which is basically raiding a dungeon. You basically have to do as much of the dungeon as possible, beat the boss, and finish the dungeon to gain xp (as you can tell, I'm not a very good dungeoneer, I don't know too much about it). The best way to gain xp is through using a very good 5 man team on higher floors, which you can learn about on this; http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeoneering

Summoning is an old, but very very useful skill. You can gain xp in Summoning mainly via making pouches, but it costs an awful lot. To make pouches, you are required to have; A secondary item, such as a raw chicken, some shards (which costs 25gp each), a pouch, and a charm. Everything but the charm is buyable. To obtain charms, you simply have to kill charm dropping mnosters. There are many good charm droppers out there, which can be anything from 30 charms per hour to 150 charms per hour. You may be asking 'Why would I want to waste money on summoning?'

The answer is, Summoning is very useful. From level 52, there is a familiar called the Spirit Terrorbird, which can store up to 12 more items for you. At level 68, there is a healing familiar, that heals 20lp (2hp in old RuneScape) per 15 seconds, which is great for training. For the higher levels, such as 95, you can have an Iron Titan, which is a monster that can max triple 200's (Three separate melee attacks, which is the special for the familiar). A yak can hold 30 items, and the special ability can send items to your bank from anywhere. Which is incredibly useful. The last, but definitely not least, is the Steel Titan. The ultimate destroyer of familiars. It has a ranged attack special, which hits 4 times, maxing up to 240 each.

You may also notice that there is a Grand Exchange, which is basically an AFK market where you can make buy/sell offers for items. There is a 5% limit on how much you want to spend, so between 95%-105% of the 'trade price', which is the average price of the previous day's trades.

You may also notice there is a Wilderness Wall, and a lack of PvP wilderness. This is due to the December 10 update in 2007, which removed all forms of Real World Trading, because Credit Card Fraud would have put JaGex out of business because it was getting out of hand so badly. One of the annoying parts of that update is that your 'trade limit' will be very low (5k gp for non questing players), but will be increased for friends. Your trade limits goes up as you quest more, and people on friend's list for 1 month will have a doubled trade limit, and it quadruples after a few months (not sure about the figure)

If you want to educate yourself a little more about RuneScape, you should read a little on the recent updates, and browse RuneScape Wiki a bit too. Hope this helps

A note about LP: It's basically the old hitpoints x10.

Basically, when you hit 100, it equals 10 in the old system. Same with other numbers. Numbers like 437 are basically 43.7 in hitpoints (more precise hits).

Everything that relates to LP/Constitution is 10x the old hitpoints system.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I also noticed that I have about 10x the number of hit points I remember having. Am I a God now, or did the kids just want to see BIG NUMBERS?

Kids just need big numbers. Dumbest update in the history of runescape.

Which mini games are the highest rated, which skills are the most fun to do and what quests are the most entertaining.

Soul wars is the new pest contol. Its faster than pest contol since they nerfed it.

Teams are stacked though so pest control is still the better game.

Stealing creation is good too because of the rewards.

Dungeoneering is the newest skill, its combat based so it may be fun for you.

It will unlock the best weapons in the game for you so its very useful.

Summoning is a money sink that caters to skilling and frankly its just something to do.

Its rewards are dubious if you consider the time/gp investment to get them.

Banking with a yak is about the pinnacle of summoning.

Quests, there are always new quests upon new quests.

Shoot for the grandmaster ones they generally have big payouts.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I also noticed that I have about 10x the number of hit points I remember having. Am I a God now, or did the kids just want to see BIG NUMBERS?

Kids just need big numbers. Dumbest update in the history of runescape.

Which mini games are the highest rated, which skills are the most fun to do and what quests are the most entertaining.

Soul wars is the new pest contol. Its faster than pest contol since they nerfed it.

Teams are stacked though so pest control is still the better game.

Stealing creation is good too because of the rewards.

Dungeoneering is the newest skill, its combat based so it may be fun for you.

It will unlock the best weapons in the game for you so its very useful.

Summoning is a money sink that caters to skilling and frankly its just something to do.

Its rewards are dubious if you consider the time/gp investment to get them.

Banking with a yak is about the pinnacle of summoning.

Quests, there are always new quests upon new quests.

Shoot for the grandmaster ones they generally have big payouts.

Caters to skilling for summoning? Are we playing the game... Bunyip, beast of burdens, titans and other fighting familers have altered how people fight things. Don't see how you say it caters to skilling, there are some skilling familers, but quite honestly they don't even come close to the benefit of the combat orriented ones. And beast of burdens fall under both catagories really.

On another note best bet to get back into the game is just start making your dailies task list. Plan a daily farming run, buy and sell runes, battlestaffs, etc. for some money, and definitly make sure you are doing Manage Thy Kingdom.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items