What's better in dung: mage or range

Kirbyallstar

I have a saggit long and arrows binded already. But lately I've been messing around with fire surge and it is mad fun to mage. Now the blastbox came out for inside of dungeons, which is perfect since I can't make deaths or bloods. I'm getting tired of how weak ranging is in dung, so should I switch my binds to a blastbox and a staff instead of ranging?

Generally Melee > Mage > Range. Since you can't (or don't want to) use melee, go with mage. Melee can handle everything, with the exception of Necrolord, that range is good for (i.e. magical creatures). Using mage will allow you to hit the forgotten warriors that have insanely high melee and range defence.

Hegel.png

FYI, I'm pretty sure that the surgebox counts for a main bind as well as the ammo bind... Something to keep in mind.

Someone in general discussion confirmed that it's solely an ammo bind, though I would like to see a little more confirmation.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

FYI, I'm pretty sure that the surgebox counts for a main bind as well as the ammo bind... Something to keep in mind.

Someone in general discussion confirmed that it's solely an ammo bind, though I would like to see a little more confirmation.

Ah, well sorry then, but I mean it gives stats and you wield it... And I've heard it both ways... :unsure:

2dgucz6.png

Generally Melee > Mage > Range.

Ah thanks, this is what I wanted to see.

And I'm sure someone confirmed it only took up the ammo bind. But still I'll test it out. Thanks everyone for the help.

Magic is a lot more useful than ranged. Ranged misses kind of often and has a pathetically low max hit, whereas magic is the only consistent way to hit high level melee creatures like fire giants, hell hounds, and prom/primal warriors. Meleers can take down everything else with ease, and since everyone usually melees your team will likely be full of them.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Well, if by some miracle you run across a Hexhunter bow, then Range is definitiely better than Mage and argubably as good or better than Melee. Otherwise, the order stays the same.

Ya, if some 99 slayer lets me take the hexhunter I'll definitely switch back to ranging.

Entirely new question now, is 125 casts even enough to sustain me throughout a large dung? :blink:

Got from an Ectomage (level 77)

Holds 7 airs 1 death 1 blood per charge

Runes in box CANNOT be used for anything BUT surge/wave spells (so no venges with the deaths in the box)

the box MUST be held for the runes to count

I DID NOT need to unbind my body/b axe to bind it, but a friend of mine says he cannot bind another item (like a weapon or armor) with it.

If you bind extra runes (over 125 worth), you will keep those binds for the next dungeon, HOWEVER, if you use up enough surges to go UNDER 125 charges, you will still start with 125 next dungeon.

It gives a +7 magic attack bonus. Not great, but if I'm not mistaken is the only shield to give a mage attack bonus in damonhiem (correct me if I'm wrong)

I did not notice any extra damage, but really wasn't paying attention for that sorry :P

sURGEBOXS.png

I personally like it. I don't know if it would be useful for rushers at all, since I don't rush. But it fits my dungeoneering style perfectly.

The lesser version would be worth binding in F2p I would imagine as well.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png