Mining Advice

mikeizmo5

Use clay picks + barbarian horn if you can't tolerate mining. It's probably less efficient, but I sure as hell would rather play in Clayland or play Barb Assault instead of mining rocks for a longer period of time.

Also, using clay picks to mine shooting stars is fun and decent XP. You can go AFK while you mine stars too-- it's like cutting trees. I don't think the barb horn works for stars, though.

77yLQy8.png

Use clay picks + barbarian horn if you can't tolerate mining. It's probably less efficient, but I sure as hell would rather play in Clayland or play Barb Assault instead of mining rocks for a longer period of time.

Also, using clay picks to mine shooting stars is fun and decent XP. You can go AFK while you mine stars too-- it's like cutting trees. I don't think the barb horn works for stars, though.

This. Triple xp ftw.

Seeing how the "best" methods always are opinions,

And your opinion is entirely irrelevant. ONLY the op's opinion counts in this matter. Opinions are not taken into account into what is best in general. You may make observations about what people generally find enjoyable, but the fact is that granite is faster xp than gold, so it is better. If it were opinions, we wouldn't be able to have a 'best'. There is no 'best opinion'. E.g. you contradict yourself or you refer to a personal best method, which is not relevant to the op as he doesn't have one (or he wouldn't post here).

Oh, and while we're on the topic of stupid rhetorical questions, I appear the only one with 99 mining here (aside from izakiwi2), so who do you think has more experience with the skill?

Aaah, the level argument. Well I seem to be the only one with an efficiency spreadsheet link in my sig :rolleyes:. I think you have lots of experience with not being efficient. That's fine, but don't claim it was the best for anyone but yourself.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

This. Triple xp ftw.

Seeing how the "best" methods always are opinions,

And your opinion is entirely irrelevant. ONLY the op's opinion counts in this matter. Opinions are not taken into account into what is best in general. You may make observations about what people generally find enjoyable, but the fact is that granite is faster xp than gold, so it is better. If it were opinions, we wouldn't be able to have a 'best'. There is no 'best opinion'. E.g. you contradict yourself or you refer to a personal best method, which is not relevant to the op as he doesn't have one (or he wouldn't post here).

Oh, and while we're on the topic of stupid rhetorical questions, I appear the only one with 99 mining here (aside from izakiwi2), so who do you think has more experience with the skill?

Aaah, the level argument. Well I seem to be the only one with an efficiency spreadsheet link in my sig :rolleyes:.

I think you have lots of experience with not being efficient. That's fine, but don't claim it was the best for anyone but yourself.

I never claimed anything is the best for anyone. The OP asked for a non-dropping method of mining, and I simply answered some with suggestions. You can agree or disagree with them as you please, and come up with your own suggestions too. If you wish to discuss off-topic efficiency and whether or not you believe my mining+superheating in the LRC is in-efficient or not, or the why sc for mining is efficient, you're quite welcome to pm me, or to create a thread on the subject on these forums.

This thread is not the place for that.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Sorry Mike you got efficiency trolled.

Don't worry if they call you an idiot for not alching the iron you collect.

You will know your doing something right then.

Unfortunately at your level you've got lots of clicking ahead.

The least click intensive would be stars with sacred clay tools or that penance horn from barb assault.

You could always bank your ores too.

If you have a kyatt then you can mine the 3 iron at piscatoris colony and use a duel ring to deposit them at cw chest.

You can also goto the dorgashin mine and work over the iron right at the start.

Talk to the cave goblin who wanders in that area and he will give you a small amount of gp for your inventory.

I did a few levels in the 70s range there way back when.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It is not inefficient to play BA for mining. Of course it is inefficient to play SC for mining (or any skil) unless you hate mining enough that your normal xp/hr suffers significantly.

Other than that, the OP asked for a non-iron method, so at least part of your suggestion was not even an answer.

Mining and superheating is a) irrelevant as the op is not 80 mining and b) only more efficient if you want smithing and magic xp and c) the advantage is tiny. It is also not afk if you superheat as well, so that's not really an advantage.

And yes, this place is to discuss this. The OP can get an insight into the debate then. That helps answering the question.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Other than that, the OP asked for a non-iron method, so at least part of your suggestion was not even an answer.

Mhm, my understanding of the question was that he was looking for a method that didn't include mining iron and having to drop it.

In any case, now having looked at the user's summoning level I believe the "best" advice is this Golvellius' suggestion of using a kyatt for the iron at piscatoris.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Don't mine for money. It's not worth it, not even at rune.

Actually, at 85, if you mine for runes, and you have a high Dung level, theres a spot in the Mining guild you can enter and there is a spot where you can mine rune ore for a great profit. You mine, then world hop. It's almost always empty aswell.

vNewDisease.png vNewDisease.png

~I am a true Hero.~

I agree with the star + clay pick for exp but since stars only come every two hours between this time i saw use your clay pick on.. yeah iron :???:...

But in my opinion stars are really worth it. And even if you only get the reward once per day you still get the exp from mining it and if your just starting stars theres some great star hunting clans on the rs forums... And you even get bonus exp for touching the star first so.. yeah.. :unsure: STARS FTW!

29y32nr.png