SCREAMO!!

Howie101

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incod knows what he's on about. Screamo will never be chart music, because it just doesnt appeal to a wide enough audience. Most commercial "screamo" bands are just influenced by screamo but are more post-hardcore, pop punk :? I'm not saying theyre bad, but they're just not screamo.

Screamo doesn't nessacerily mean screaming and emo, but hardcore emo. and the used are hardly what would be called hardcore :roll:

logo.jpg

Okay, I've been doing some research and futurama your partially right, and I've been wrong the whole time.

The Used / a static lullaby /hawthorn heights / silverstein ect; and them are considered hxc, because they are the more hardcore emo bands out there.They started coming out before emo bands came out. So they were cosnidered the hxc, then you hada FATA, and bands similar to them come out which are categorized as screamo. Evergreen Terrace A Life Once Lost ect are definitly screamo. The bands that have screaming and singing that have currently come out are considered "posthxc" and so on. So Hawthorn Heights and those bands are just hxc...

I was in the wrong on those earlier statements, I feel embarassed. But I definitly still stick with the statement, just because they became mainstream, doesn't mean they suck, because I definit'y knew most of those bands before they became popular.

Admitting your wrongs probably one of the hardest things to do, so respect :)

Ain't that the truth...

Weather they suck or not, is a matter of opinion :wink:

Hahaha trruuee that. :lol:

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Okay, I've been doing some research and futurama your partially right, and I've been wrong the whole time.

The Used / a static lullaby /hawthorn heights / silverstein ect; and them are considered hxc, because they are the more hardcore emo bands out there.They started coming out before emo bands came out. So they were cosnidered the hxc, then you hada FATA, and bands similar to them come out which are categorized as screamo. Evergreen Terrace A Life Once Lost ect are definitly screamo. The bands that have screaming and singing that have currently come out are considered "posthxc" and so on. So Hawthorn Heights and those bands are just hxc...

I was in the wrong on those earlier statements, I feel embarassed. But I definitly still stick with the statement, just because they became mainstream, doesn't mean they suck, because I definit'y knew most of those bands before they became popular.

mainstream definetly doesn't make a band suck...I hate the whole "underground" community that only listen to music noone knows, and as soon as they become popular, hate them. Fools.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Admitting your wrongs probably one of the hardest things to do, so respect :)

Weather they suck or not, is a matter of opinion :wink:

Yea sorry for flaming back there... Didn't mean to get on your nerves or anything futurama. You obviously know your music :D but I still got some ol' knowledge of the system still too :D

Yea, its all opinion when it comes down to it really :P

mainstream definetly doesn't make a band suck...I hate the whole "underground" community that only listen to music noone knows, and as soon as they become popular, hate them. Fools.

It's understandable though. They feel cool because they found something nobody knows, they have that real elitist feeling, and then, when they need to share that feeling with the 'normal' public they (the elitists) aren't special anymore.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

It's understandable though. They feel cool because they found something nobody knows, they have that real elitist feeling, and then, when they need to share that feeling with the 'normal' public they (the elitists) aren't special anymore.

Hahaha if this is supposed to be satire it's hysterical.

Buuurrrnnn.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Just my oppinion but they take emo too far

this post about hating emo is wrong because emo is still a genre that is musically talented

Screamo takes the same guitar and music but screams the words, my question is why?

The only good screamo band i have found is Hawthorne Heights

1. Emo is a bunch of whiney little girls

2. Screamo is a step further, better lyrics, better guitar and bass

3. Hardcore/metalcore is the best that branches out of that genre, the lyrics are as good if not better than screamo. guitar and bass are not as complicated as screamo but more than emo, but the drumming is insanely hard and fast.

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

Buuurrrnnn.

Er? I didn't get that, I think.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

At least the ug bands I listen to are something that even can't turn mainstream. Also, I've seen some Finnish bands (Kalmah, Satanic Warmaster, Shade Empire) rise from the "unknown" to something pretty much close to "mainstream". I still enjoy them, they still play the same stuff they played a year or few ago. Usually the band that comes from ug to mainstream just happens to change their style and that way betray their fans. Look at Dimmu Borgir for example. A total sellout now (you could compare them for a whor... woman who sells her self) and some years ago when they still weren't a mainstream band they made a black metal masterpiece, StormblÃÆÃâÃâÃÂ¥st. If they haven't changed their style when they went mainstream, Dimmu Borgir would now be one of the most respected black metal bands ever. Now they are just another pop metal band.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Buuurrrnnn.

Er? I didn't get that, I think.

I was saying... if you are actually making fun of them that is hilarious.

Because it was like blunt in-your-face truth.

Funnnyyy.... :P

Excuse me, you like From First To Last.

8233e646abcba2abb0a1ae48f7bbd33511222554.jpg

That, believe it or not, is their MALE lead singer.

http://www.purevolume.com/fromfirsttolast

That, is his whiney pathetic girly voice.

logo.jpg

Hahahaha

Burn.

• 2 weeks later...
Just my oppinion but they take emo too far

this post about hating emo is wrong because emo is still a genre that is musically talented

Screamo takes the same guitar and music but screams the words, my question is why?

The only good screamo band i have found is Hawthorne Heights

HAHA Hawthorne Heights isn't Screamo, they are Emo, but don't get me wrong they are a good band, and I'm an Emo Boy as you people call us, but HH can't scream, it sounds like someone beating a cat with a violin, now good Screamo bands are From First to Last, Underoath, Silverstein, just to name a few. Check them out if you want good screamo.

Hahahaha

Burn.

YO their lead singer( Sonny Moore) is hawt, I would totally make out with him, and yes I'm a guy. Sonny Moore your a freakin beast, and he's only 17 and already more talented than most singers out their okay -.0 don't hate. And I'm representin >.< check the sig boyeeee!

We're going in circles again, FFTL are NOT SCREAMO, NEITHER ARE UNDEROATH OR SILVERSTEIN, THEY ARE POST-HARDCORE/EMO.

Sonny Moore is not talented. He's whiney, he's tone deaf, and he looks like a fricken girl. The only reason they sell so much is because pathetic little dipshats like are too weak to take out your emotions any other way.

Oh yeah, saying you'd make out with a guy, way to be another generic insecure emo kid with his face so far up he's crapping out his own mascara. You have no idea what screamo is, and kids like you would get battered at a screamo gig, and i'd be proud to be the one kicking your face in.

logo.jpg

We're going in circles again, FFTL are NOT SCREAMO, NEITHER ARE UNDEROATH OR SILVERSTEIN, THEY ARE POST-HARDCORE/EMO.

Sonny Moore is not talented. He's whiney, he's tone deaf, and he looks like a fricken girl. The only reason they sell so much is because pathetic little dipshats like are too weak to take out your emotions any other way.

Oh yeah, saying you'd make out with a guy, way to be another generic insecure emo kid with his face so far up he's crapping out his own mascara. You have no idea what screamo is, and kids like you would get battered at a screamo gig, and i'd be proud to be the one kicking your face in.

lol, dude you probably need to worry about your own a$$ being kicked before talking any trash like that. First off you don't know me and never will so it would probably help everyone if you just kept your mouth closed, and also if you don't like the music than don't come into this thread, it's as simple as that, now go listen to your wanna be metal $hit like Slipknot or whatever the hell your into.

I find it HIGHLY hypocritical that you're telling me to keep my mouth closed because i don't know you, and then you're telling me to "go and listen to metal sh*t or whatever the hell im into." I didn't say I didnt like the music, because I actaully own and quite like some of their music, but that doesn't make you less of a rectum on legs. I'm really not worried about being beat up by emo kids on a runescape forum, dunno why, most other people crap themselves at that thought.

logo.jpg

I find it HIGHLY hypocritical that you're telling me to keep my mouth closed because i don't know you, and then you're telling me to "go and listen to metal sh*t or whatever the hell im into." I didn't say I didnt like the music, because I actaully own and quite like some of their music, but that doesn't make you less of a rectum on legs. I'm really not worried about being beat up by emo kids on a runescape forum, dunno why, most other people crap themselves at that thought.

lol, I know don't you just love how I can do it also? kinda annoying eh? maybe now you get the point.

Just sounds like ignorance to me. You've gone completely off the point of the bands you listed not being screamo and you've nothing to back up your statements, so do one.

logo.jpg

and also I'm not worried about you because I know if by some slim chance we actually meet, you wouldn't fight me. and if you looked in a post I made earlier on a different thread I said the type of music I'm into is Screamo/Emo/Post Hardcore, as you said but you can't deny these guys are screamo. If you've ever heard them live then you'd understand how incredible thier screams and growls are. Their album Dear Diary, My Teen Angst has a Bodycount may not seem Screamo, but that's because Sonny came into the band when they were in the middle of recording so they didn't really have time to put a lot of work into most of it, but their live shows are truly amazing.