fire cape v soul wars cape

halo475

I think the general rule is...if it's extremely easy to bank and come back (like...<30 seconds), fire cape is better for the faster kills.

For trips where you want to camp there for a period of time and banking isn't really convenient, Soul Wars cape.

I personally use my soul wars cape all the time, I just like the slower drain rate because then I don't have to pay attention as much for when to drink a prayer pot. No testing has been done by me at all though.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

My rule of thumb:

Using turmoil+berserker -> Fire cape

Using turmoil+berserker+deflect prayer on metal dragons - Ardougne Cloak

Using turmoil+berserker+deflect prayer elsewhere - Soul Wars Cape

This is a good way of looking at it. For example, for frost dragons, sw cape is almost always worth it as you are using a LOAD of prayer.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

for slayer you should absolutely always be using fire cape if you are 95 prayer

oh and berserker prayer is never worth using, just saying. you need to repot every time your stat drops 1 for berserker to be worth using instead of bringing more pots to repot 13% more often. should that situation arise, overloads are better anyway.

also if you have soulsplit there is really no reason to pray melee on metal dragons

for slayer you should absolutely always be using fire cape if you are 95 prayer

oh and berserker prayer is never worth using, just saying. you need to repot every time your stat drops 1 for berserker to be worth using instead of bringing more pots to repot 13% more often. should that situation arise, overloads are better anyway.

also if you have soulsplit there is really no reason to pray melee on metal dragons

I like to pray melee on steel drags just for convenience.

I dunno why, but I never use fire cape for slaying. I use either ardy cloak for high def tasks (abby demons, dark beasts, metal drags) and SW cape for the rest. It's not like I don't have the money for fire cape to be efficient, but I don't like to drink so many ppots all the time. Maybe I'll change up for the last stretch of slaying.