Tilt: Wallpaper

Nadril

Tilt Wallpaper

tilt_wallpaper_by_nadril-d347ms2.jpg

(Click for full)

New terragen wallpaper. I'm not 100% satisfied with the surface map on the mountain (I do love the sand though) but I still thought it was good enough to show.

edit:

I feel like I'll probably redo some of the surface map tonight.

Looks amazing TBH. The amount of grass on the mountains seems a bit odd though, I think its maybe too little?

Really good regardless. What program did you use?

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Looks amazing TBH. The amount of grass on the mountains seems a bit odd though, I think its maybe too little?

Really good regardless. What program did you use?

Yeah the grass is kind of set on an odd spot, it shouldn't be too difficult to fix up though hopefully. I'll probably end up rendering a version 2 tonight with better textures.

And I used Terragen 2 than Photoshop CS5 for post work.

Wow, very nice

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Thanks.

I don't think I'll go back to this one after all, might try something new though next week or sometime. I do want to experiment with some different perspectives and angles though. It's kind of the funny thing about Terragen, it's just as much using your skill as a photographer as it is a 3D Designer. A big part of it is just getting that right shot in the scene :P.

Also what do you guys think about the clouds? They were my major priority for this because traditionally all of my clouds have sucked ass in Terragen 2 so far and in Terragen 1 clouds just weren't that powerful. I'm starting to get a handle on the atmosphere changes they did in terragen 2.

• 2 weeks later...

The top cloud layer should be lower down. The huge gap between cloud layers looks very unnatural.

I disagree, I like the looks. It's not really unusual to have different types of clouds distances apart.

The only thing that doesn't quite fit (as has been pointed out) is the grass/vegetation line carrying all the way up the mountain. I think it should either be solid the whole way up, or at least only part of the way up. I'm guessing that's just what the texture is like though...

I do like the perspective, it really gives you a feeling of soaring over the mountains, which is awesome!

rosssigfinal.jpg

I think it should either be solid the whole way up, or at least only part of the way up. I'm guessing that's just what the texture is like though...

No that's easily changed. The reason it is like that way is that grass tends to not grow by a certain slope degrees. The best way to go about it would be to just put some actual tree models all around the mountain but I don't have a lot of experience doing that atm.

I probably could have been a little more eased on the slope though.

Well the altitude is more likely to affect the vegetation cover than the angle of the slope. So if some kind of vegetation can grow on the top of the mountain, some should still be able grow on the lower slopes. Unless it's very close to the snowline, and the snow has melted... Not that all of this really matters :razz:

rosssigfinal.jpg

This looks awesome, but I'm just wondering... why is there sand up in the mountains? Am I just being thick?

I was wondering this as well - it looks good but when you look at it more closely the sand to the right looks very close, yet the mountain top just to left looks very far..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Looks very realistic! I like it, makes me feel like I am in a possible Lord of the Ring battle/overview of the land.

One thing that sort of throws me off if the sand by the base of the mountain. When it goes into the mountain it looks just a little out of place. Just what I see. But it looks awesome! Good work!

"I'm like a hermit in my own head"

2enx1ro.jpg