The Equipment builder

Neohero1972

Hi

As it appears that many of the old suggestions has been lost including my own, then I would like to re-post a suggestion I have posted some time ago.

My suggestion regards the Build Equipment in the Item Database:

I would really love to see an option to choose from a list of pre-made equipment profiles Ie. be able to quickly compare for example Rune vs. Dragon or a Mystic set vs. Infinity set.

The pre-made equipment profiles shouldn't include equipment like rings, swords, shields or staves, but only the "core" equipment as it will be fairly fast to just add these by yourself.

Is this something that the Tip.it crew would consider adding in the (near) future ?

Hi Neohero1972,

Sorry for the delayed response. I will talk to our coders about this idea; see what they think and see how big of a job it will be. The idea itself is worth doing, but it may take a while due to other project with higher priorities.

Thank you for the idea :D

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Hi Neohero1972,

Sorry for the delayed response. I will talk to our coders about this idea; see what they think and see how big of a job it will be. The idea itself is worth doing, but it may take a while due to other project with higher priorities.

Thank you for the idea :D

Hi

Thank you for replying.

I really hope this is something the Tip.it crew seriously consider as it will so much faster to quickly compare two kinds of equipment.

I'm sure that the task of making it won't huge as its funtionality is almost exactly the same as the current Equipment Comparison tool.

Anyway, I hope I'll get a chance to use it rather sooner than later (the Tip.it crew has been known for their fast implementation of new features once they set their mind into it !)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

I'm sorry for being so persistent regarding my request (I'll assume that it must be a real annoyance to you by now !), but I still strongly believe that it is needed.

I have just finished the Lunar Diplomacy Quest and I was wondering whether or not I should sell my Mystic clothes and keep my newly acquired Lunar Clothing, so I used the Equipment Builder but didn't finished because it is too cumbersome to use, IMO, when one just wish to compare equipment which is pretty much just a "standard" set of clothing.

So, as I believe I have mentioned before, I basically just want to have the ability to compare clothing added which comes as a set - ie. Full Dragon, Full Rune, Full Mystic etc. as a stating point then we can fill in or replace rings, necklaces and weapons ourselves.

I hope the tip.it team will take my request into re-consideration and hopefully move it a bit further up on the endless to-do list.

I am no coder, however I feel the the equipment builder isn't used by any one person enough to warrant core sets. Most of the time an individual would just use it one time at any given time they use it. That being said, core equipment should only include top and bottom, as the headgear, boots, weapons, etc normally aren't of the same set-up as the top and bottoms, which would make it kind of a waste to include "core" sets for only two items. However, this is only MY opinion, and I'll talk with our coders as well as to what they think.

EDIT: I have spoken with a coder, and they said while it may be on their to-do list, there are many other things taking priority, so it may take some time before they get to it.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I am no coder, however I feel the the equipment builder isn't used by any one person enough to warrant core sets. Most of the time an individual would just use it one time at any given time they use it. That being said, core equipment should only include top and bottom, as the headgear, boots, weapons, etc normally aren't of the same set-up as the top and bottoms, which would make it kind of a waste to include "core" sets for only two items. However, this is only MY opinion, and I'll talk with our coders as well as to what they think.

EDIT: I have spoken with a coder, and they said while it may be on their to-do list, there are many other things taking priority, so it may take some time before they get to it.

Hi

First of all thank you for replying so soon.

Even though players seldom uses a complete set of equipment then I think that this would provide a good starting point for such a tool.

Later, it could be updated with more common combinations - I could imagine that it would be relative hassle free for the tip.it team to update it from time to time.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that my request hasn't been completely forgotten and I hope to see it in a not too distant future.

• 1 year later...

Hello Neohero,

Quite a bit has changed in our ranks the past year, and to be quite honest I hadn't noticed this thread before. :oops:

We do currently have this for an equipment builder. It allows you to compare several combinations on top of the separate item entries that mention stats.

It is unlikely for people to use such a tool that much to warrant the amount of work and maintenance required to add numerous set-ups, however, it may be something for the future.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Hey Neo! As part of another project I'm working on I'm trying to implement pre-made equipment builder profiles, but at least for now they'll probably be geared closer to monster hunting setups than just full sets of different kinds of armour. That being said, there's always room for expansion and it's something that could be added later. :)

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape