Dung experience + tokens

Neohero1972

You can have to make pots. Thats why they added all the potion ingredients to the smuggler.

I've had a dor i needed to pot for that led to a key that opened the boss room.

Quite simply, you're wrong. Either you're misremembering or lying. You're 50 dungeoneering, so...

How does my dg level matter?

Sure if I was like lvl 1, But quite clearly to get lvl 50 you have to do all the floors through several times. So sure I don't know much of the top floors and their bosses, but I knw plenty f what I experienced.

And I can safely say you CAN get doors you need to pt to open that are required.

doors that are not opennable by the stats of the players are always bonus rooms.

They are never rooms that require boosts to do and are on the path to the boss.

this is common knowledge amongst 100+ dgers, and none of them would ever say they ran into a door that was both the only path and that require potions.

i'm sure if it were possible, someone amongst the hordes of 100+dgers would have spoken up by down.

Chances are you just messed up at some point during your floor, and you thought it was the only way.

There are other ways for floors to be impossible though.

But never because of level boosting.

Where impossible come from?

My whle point was you can get doors tht need a boost as long as yu can make the pot for them.

Never that you can get impossible to open neccessary doors.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Where impossible come from?

My whle point was you can get doors tht need a boost as long as yu can make the pot for them.

Never that you can get impossible to open neccessary doors.

Seriously, just stop. Go flail your inexperience elsewhere, you're just confusing OP while he's getting actual information from people who have done more than the equivalent exp of 5 occult floors.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I fail to see any concrete proof to disprove my experience.

Granted you can say high level dgers not reported it.

But thats plausible also.

I mean pot requiring doors are fairly rare to begin with.

Then if we assume (which is quite possible and plausible) that required doors cannot go beyond lvl 99, even if they do require pots.

Then consider c1 rushing = no herblore so no pot needing doors.

And the vast majority, especially in high levels then do teams on the higher floors.

It is entirely possible these doors exist but the teamwork hides them.

After all if a 75 rc door is put in based off the lvl 70 rc of a team member, its quite possible the team have a lvl 75+ rcer and thus the door is opened freely.

Between this and the rarity of pot requiring doors in the first place it is easy that high levels who play in teams have not encountered such doors enmass for it to be a known fact.

Plus jagex specifically added all the seconds and herb seeds to the smuggler due to people having impossible doors that shuld not of been impossible (as ppl were within pot range but just didnt get the required drops to make the pot) which indicates potting can be needed, else why make pots 100% definitely availble to avoid impossible doors?

All I know is that I know for certain I had a door I had to pot for that lead to a key I required to complete the dungeon. Regardless of what you try to claim otherwise I know my own experience.

Even if I have mis-remembered how is it a bad thing or a confusing thing that someone should open doors they CAN pot to open and thus maximise xp?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You're clutching at straws, dear. You find no proof, sure. But pretty much all high-levelled dungeoneers do find proof. Now you can certainly object to something, but within reason. You essentially say that 1-100 dungeoneering isn't large enough of a sample size to conclude that required doors require no pots. That's somewhat ridiculous, especially since we are talking about multiple 100+ dungeoneers.

The tip.it guide on dungeoneering has this to say:

Some doorways can only be cleared if you possess a certain level in a skill (the levels seem random). A qualified player that is permitted to attempt it may still take some damage for a failure, but can try again. If you CANNOT pass a skill door, do not be alarmed: it leads only to a bonus room, and does NOT block your way to the boss.

* You can create a boosting potion with the necessary herblore levels (see Dungeoneering Skills - Herblore for more information).

* Depending on the type of blockage, the door will tell you what skill level is required, and what equipment may be required, such as a pickaxe, a hammer, tinderbox, etc. You will receive some experience points in the required skill.

* Players report a bug wherein the door does not recognise that they have a skill level higher than is required. Jagex is aware of this issue and presumably a fix is forthcoming.

The wording suggests that you are wrong.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'm not saying its not a large enough sample.

Merely I know what I have experienced and that experience would be you can get necessary doors that you must pot to open.

Its hardly impossible, theres facts about skills that have been uncovered years after release and assumed facts that have been disproven after years.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If it is a large enough sample, those 100+ dungeoneers are right in drawing their conclusion. You apparently think 50 dg is large enough of a sample size. However as we both know, the chance of error is much larger with a far smaller sample.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

True but as I covered before it is quite possible for teams to miss these doors due to the the doors levels are decided upon for teams, plus the rarity of the pot needing doors in the first place.

It is only 1 experience agaisnt the many but that does not alter the fact I clearly remember needing the potion to open a door that I needed to reach the boss; but this is jsut becoming spam now I only really object to the needless rudeness of green. Reasonably disagreeing is one thing, hurling abuse just because you disagree is another.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You didn't prove anything in regard to teams being more likely to miss doors. Pot doors are not rare (as in, you're bound to get one in a dungeon), and we don't know what the door levels are based on (some/many doors are definitely based on the highest level, as I can testifiy keying with someone with all stats 90+). Your third point was a circular argument (not to speak of the fact that many dungeoneers are not maxed), your fourth simply irrelevant (as c1 rushing is just a tiny bit of dg).

One thing that would make teams more likely to not notice would be the fact that there can be so much bonus room on a large, much more than on a small. But even so.

I don't see Green being rude here. Very direct, perhaps.

Hi

I'm sorry to interrupt the two of you (@Sy_Accursed & @Quyneax) while you are in the midst of a ferocious duel - I sense the loud noise of sword/morningstar hammering against shields and teeth flying through the air !

Anyway, I just want to once say thank you for helping me in getting a much better understanding of the Dung skill - thanks to those who have participated in this thread I have gone from absolutly hating playing Dung to a state of mind where it don't bother me much anymore. I would almost go as far as to say that I feel a sense of satisfaction every time I complete a dungeon floor !