Dung experience + tokens

Neohero1972

Hi

After doing quite a few hours of Dung and receiving way too little experience and tokens for my wasted time (yes I do hate playing Dung, but I like some of the rewards I can purchase for the tokens so...!) I would like to know how much experience some of you get when playing ?

Example:

I finished floor 6 and received something like 87 experience and 8 tokens (not much for the 45 minutes of the torment and agony I suffered, not to mention the boredom !)

I also miss a more thorough guide in the Skill Guide for Dung which explains how to be more efficient as a Dung solo player - I know players are posting Dung questions here every day, so a guide for soloing would be very welcome and not only by me, I think.

First off, do all but your highest ~10 (for your level) floors small c1, to get through them quick. That way you don't waste a ton of time on floor 1 to get essentially nothing for exp. A c1 floor should take under a minute usually.

For the rest, do them med c6, and focus on speed. Nothing in there should be much of a threat to you, so never bother making armor. Only make food if you absolutely need it. Rush through everything that's not a guardian door without killing anything and focus on finding keys and opening doors. Learn to use your gatestone and group gatestone to speed you up by leaving them at far out of the way doors or at the start of dead ends. When you're good, you should be able to churn out mediums in 15-20 minutes no problem, and 20 only if there's a lot of annoying slow stuff like pot doors or (god forbid) a mercenary room.

Also, like the guy above me said, make sure you're reseting your prestige. When you pull up the floor list, you'll notice that some floors have checkmarks next to them. Don't do these, only do the unchecked ones. When all the floors on the list are checked off, hit the reset button. This ensures you get the most exp possible per floor.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yeah make yu sure you NEVER reset until you have done every single floor you can access as this ruins ur xp. and bare with it.

The xp curve starts rubbish but pretty soon picks up a nice rate; its all to do with prestige. Since base xp is the average of floor xp and prestige xp.

You need to get into the 20s before it really starts picking up, at mid 20s ur looking at 200 - 300 xp per c1 rush and like 2 - 3k on a normal floor, but from there its climbs fairly rapidly up to the mighty 200k+ when yu get to 50+ prestige

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hi

First of all I think a big THANK TO ALL OF YOU is in order :thumbsup:

I think that your combined explanation ought to be used as guide on how to soloing in Dung.

Since I wrote my post I have been playing a bit more and, as some of you stated, the experience grow as I progress through the different floors.

I have an additional question:

When you're good, you should be able to churn out mediums in 15-20 minutes no problem, and 20 only if there's a lot of annoying slow stuff like pot doors or (god forbid) a mercenary room.

I have been so unfortunate to run into a mercenary room once and I got slaughtered ! - how do I survive in that room ?

I looked in the Skill Guide for Dung, but didn't find any information about the mercenary room.

From what I gather the rule for that room is make sure you have group gatestone tele runes, drop the gatestone aside.

Rush the leader with protect mage, teleport as soon as he summons aid. Wait til they leave then go again.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From what I gather the rule for that room is make sure you have group gatestone tele runes, drop the gatestone aside.

Rush the leader with protect mage, teleport as soon as he summons aid. Wait til they leave then go again.

Hi

Thank you for your advice - I'll definitely give your suggestion a try the next time I run into one of these rooms.

If you encounter it solo, wait for him to call 2 mages to his aid. Then just protect magic and he's toast.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If you encounter it solo, wait for him to call 2 mages to his aid. Then just protect magic and he's toast.

I'm pretty sure the last time I had it solo, I got at least 4 other things called in. I'm 138 combat though, might make a difference.

God that sucked. I used the gatestone trick and still had to exhaust most of the fishing spots in the dungeon. I had done that dungeon to get the last 2k tokens for ccbow quickly, too... took forever between that and the 3 pot doors -.-

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I have no experience with the mercenary leader solo, I just heard that from Grimy (2 allies per party member).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah merc leader only summons 2 guys per team member.

So solo he only calls 2 and its always two matching.

So he calls 2 warriors OR 2 ranger OR 2 mages.

They tele out after a while and as covered across various psts abve use gate stone to get out when he call warriors or archers, but you can stay put for mages.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They tele out after a while and as covered across various psts abve use gate stone to get out when he call warriors or archers, but you can stay put for mages.

No, he often summons two different t11 forgottens.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Really?

Granted I've only had him once but in my experience and all the pics and videos and other ppls accounts I've seen he summons them in pairs.

I've (fr example) a duo where hell summon 2 mages and 2 archers (2 for each team member) but I've nvr seen any of him summoning a non-pair

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Just my two cents on the Merc boss room:

•  
  • Your best bet is drop a personal gatestone a few steps away from the door, then when you first run into the room drop the GGS in the middle.
  • Mark the boss (makes it easier to distinguish from the other mage helpers) then attack with protect mage on and when you see that the room is filling up with his helpers, tele out. (The reason for using a personal gatestone to tele out is that it negates any damage from attacks that are just about to reach you so it saves you a little food.)
  • Wait for the room to empty and use the GGS tele to get back in quickly.

Ooh and another thing, when I solo i find that Range hits the boss better than Mele, and what with the combat triangle being better implemented in Dung there may be some reasoning behind this.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

If a room is impossible for you to open without a potion, it will not prevent you from reaching the boss.

That said, you want to do your best to open every door, because each one adds a substantial amount of exp. It's worth it to make a skill potion for those doors if you can, especially if you encounter it early on, because they CAN contain keys and more doors that will lose you a ton of bonus rooms.

If a room is impossible for you to open without a potion, it will not prevent you from reaching the boss.

That said, you want to do your best to open every door, because each one adds a substantial amount of exp. It's worth it to make a skill potion for those doors if you can, especially if you encounter it early on, because they CAN contain keys and more doors that will lose you a ton of bonus rooms.

Hi

Okay, thank you

I'm asking because I have encountered a door which I need a level of 67 in Runecrafting to open !

Hi

Okay, thank you

I'm asking because I have encountered a door which I need a level of 67 in Runecrafting to open !

That guys advice was a bit badly worded:

The only rooms that you can definitely say are bonus rooms and thus not vital to open are ones you cannot open if you use the best potion you can make for tht skill.

If you can make a pot that gives you +6 rc in dg you can get doors that are 6 rc above ur level you need to open.

But any 7 or more above ur rc lvl will be bonus rooms

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hi

Okay, thank you

That guys advice was a bit badly worded:

The only rooms that you can definitely say are bonus rooms and thus not vital to open are ones you cannot open if you use the best potion you can make for tht skill.

If you can make a pot that gives you +6 rc in dg you can get doors that are 6 rc above ur level you need to open.

But any 7 or more above ur rc lvl will be bonus rooms

I didn't word anything poorly, you're just wrong. You will never have to make any skill potion to reach the boss.

You can have to make pots. Thats why they added all the potion ingredients to the smuggler.

I've had a dor i needed to pot for that led to a key that opened the boss room.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hi

I have just made a Naturalist's potion (Boosts Cooking, Farming, Herblore and Runecrafting by 4 + 4% of levels), but I can only reach a level of 66 in Runecrafting by drinking that one - the next one is Strong Naturalist's Potion, but that require a level of 96 in Herblore.

But it doesn't matter as long as I'm still able to reach the boss in order to progress further through the dungeon floor levels.

You can have to make pots. Thats why they added all the potion ingredients to the smuggler.

Quite simply, you're wrong. Either you're misremembering or lying. You're 50 dungeoneering, so...

Quite simply, you're wrong. Either you're misremembering or lying. You're 50 dungeoneering, so...

How does my dg level matter?

Sure if I was like lvl 1, But quite clearly to get lvl 50 you have to do all the floors through several times. So sure I don't know much of the top floors and their bosses, but I knw plenty f what I experienced.

And I can safely say you CAN get doors you need to pt to open that are required.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

How does my dg level matter?

Sure if I was like lvl 1, But quite clearly to get lvl 50 you have to do all the floors through several times. So sure I don't know much of the top floors and their bosses, but I knw plenty f what I experienced.

And I can safely say you CAN get doors you need to pt to open that are required.

doors that are not opennable by the stats of the players are always bonus rooms.

They are never rooms that require boosts to do and are on the path to the boss.

this is common knowledge amongst 100+ dgers, and none of them would ever say they ran into a door that was both the only path and that require potions.

i'm sure if it were possible, someone amongst the hordes of 100+dgers would have spoken up by down.

Chances are you just messed up at some point during your floor, and you thought it was the only way.

There are other ways for floors to be impossible though.

But never because of level boosting.

Naaxi.png

Really?

Granted I've only had him once but in my experience and all the pics and videos and other ppls accounts I've seen he summons them in pairs.

I've (fr example) a duo where hell summon 2 mages and 2 archers (2 for each team member) but I've nvr seen any of him summoning a non-pair

I'm currently in a solo dungeon standing in front of a mercenary room where he has summoned a mage and a ranger.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png