How on earth am I supposed to make 930m gp to get my skills to 99?

Drichards2013

How are these individuals managing to make such a large sum of in game money? I don't understand.

I'm just about done with all of my non buyable skills and I've got Prayer, Construction, Herblore, Crafting, Slayer, Smithing, Summoning, and Farming all left to get to 99 and the amount of gp I need to make is unfathomable.

I'm really trying to get as far as I can with this game, however at this point it seems very impossible.

How do I do it? Someone please help.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't do it all in 1 go for a starter.

You use penguins, xp lamps etc to get free xps.

You use PROFITABLE training methods.

You realise some skills are money sinks while others make epic profit.

Eg runecrafting is an investment it costs millions to train but once u hit the good runes it makes decent profits.

Farming also makes epic profits if u farm the right stuff.

Slayer gives huge profits.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You don't do it all in 1 go for a starter.

You use penguins, xp lamps etc to get free xps.

You use PROFITABLE training methods.

You realise some skills are money sinks while others make epic profit.

Eg runecrafting is an investment it costs millions to train but once u hit the good runes it makes decent profits.

Farming also makes epic profits if u farm the right stuff.

Slayer gives huge profits.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. :)

I realize that some skills yield some profit. But realistically speaking, one would need to achieve 99 runecrafting several times over to make the money required to get all of his or her skills to 99. In addition to that, most, if not all profitable skill training methods are extremely slow experience.

They merchant - a successful merchant makes money faster then he/she can burn lol. Combine that with what Sy_Accursed said.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Not really.

There are many nicely balanced methods.

Eg concentrated gold isnt the fastest mining xp, or the most profitable. But its a good xp rate and profit.

Also just dont think about it, these things happen given time.

MTK is a good one too makes around 1mil+ a week.

And yeah just dont think about it. I'm sure over the years of questing and dying etc etc etc I've probably spent about 1000mil

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Most people I know/heard of have made ridiciulously large amounts of money by solo merching (Not pyramid schemes). I'm terrible at it, but if you have enough starting money, you can start making money pretty easily.

Paragon.png

Not really.

Eg concentrated gold isnt the fastest mining xp, or the most profitable. But its a good xp rate and profit.

And yeah just dont think about it. I'm sure over the years of questing and dying etc etc etc I've probably spent about 1000mil

Actually concentrated gold is the fastest mining experience. Over the past few days, I have been able to achieve rates of 80k experience per hour. I'm however, I've turned mining into a buyable skill because superheating as you mine enables one to get 99 magic and be exceptionally close to 99 smithing for about 30m gp. So it's cutting my costs, lol.

I'm going to apologize to Sy_Accursed because I feel like I'm turning down the very genuine and true advice he is offering me.

About solo merchanting, or flipping. I've done that with some success. However, I've started just recently and it seems like my success will be watered down by the wilderness and free trade update that is in anticipation. How do you predict that update will affect merchanting?

Concentrated gold is not the fastest.

Granite and power mining iron beat it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Not really.

If you can flip properly, you can make 4-5% of your cashpile twice a day. That's a lot more then 1 mil a week lol. If you think all the maxed players makes all their cash by nolifing frost dragons and updating MTK every day, you need to think again. Yes, those are nice boosts, but the amount they bring in is nowhere near flpping with just 50-100 mil.

Not really.

If you can flip properly, you can make 4-5% of your cashpile twice a day. That's a lot more then 1 mil a week lol. If you think all the maxed players makes all their cash by nolifing frost dragons and updating MTK every day, you need to think again. Yes, those are nice boosts, but the amount they bring in is nowhere near flpping with just 50-100 mil.

How is quoting me relevant? I never commented on flipping since I've never personally done it that much. All I said was skills can be profitable and mtk is a nice extra.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Alright. Concentrated gold is certainly the most efficient, however. Which is more important to me.

Be careful with "efficient" in rs terms efficient is purely best xp:hr ratios.

While ur method does train many skills it is not the most efficient in terms of pure xp:hr.

There's more efficient methods for each skill which despite being single skill training would give faster xp overall.

Having said tht unless ur an efficiency freak like some it doesnt matter all that much, what does matter is con gold is a good method for xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Alright. Concentrated gold is certainly the most efficient, however. Which is more important to me.

Be careful with "efficient" in rs terms efficient is purely best xp:hr ratios.

While ur method does train many skills it is not the most efficient in terms of pure xp:hr.

There's more efficient methods for each skill which despite being single skill training would give faster xp overall.

Having said tht unless ur an efficiency freak like some it doesnt matter all that much, what does matter is con gold is a good method for xp.

Mining/Superheating is certainly the most efficient mining, smithing, and magic experience. How can you call 3 99s in the time it takes to get 1, two of them being buyables for the cost of 30m less efficient than ANYTHING? But that's not what this thread is about.

Training skills together doesn't automatically make it faster.

Doing 3 hours combined gets you less xp per skill than doing 1 hour of each alone would if you use the best methods for each skill.

As I said before efficiency in rs purely pertains to xp:hr ratios.

It does not account for gp:xp ratios.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Doing 3 hours combined gets you less xp per skill than doing 1 hour of each alone would if you use the best methods for each skill.

My friend, efficiency takes into account time, gp, and experience.

Tell that to all the well known efficiency guide makers where efficiency is purely classed as the fastest xp possible; which is a valid point since being efficient is about being fast, not necessarily cost effective.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Not really.

How is quoting me relevant? I never commented on flipping since I've never personally done it that much. All I said was skills can be profitable and mtk is a nice extra.

You said not really after my post.

Tell that to all the well known efficiency guide makers where efficiency is purely classed as the fastest xp possible; which is a valid point since being efficient is about being fast, not necessarily cost effective.

You couldn't be more wrong right now. The efficiency of a certain method is based on how much one values his or her time at. Time value is based on gp. I am correct.

My prices and times are approximate here.

99 mining - 2 weeks - 0 gp

99 magic - 2 week - 30m gp

99 smithing - 1 week - 250m

Given this information, it would take a player 5 weeks and 280m gp to get all of these skills to 99. How about if I told you that you could superheat while you do 99 mining, which would be 2 weeks, without losing time and get all of these 99s at the same time for virtually 90 percent less gp spent? You're saving plenty of time and a great deal of gp.

You cannot call training these skills individually more efficient than mining/superheating at all. You just can't.

Gremmy look at post times; my post and urs came at same time. Yours jsut happened to post before mine.

As for Drichards believe whatever you want to believe all I was saying is in terms of rs people call efficient the best xp:hr, regardless of cost or profit so you wanna be careful in using it.

Your personal opinion may differ as to what efficient is, but it doesnt matter the rs community at large relate efficient to xp:hr alone.

Also if you superheat while doing 99 mining it would take MORE than 2 weeks as the super heating delays you, you cannot jsut add extra actions in at no cost to time at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Gremmy look at post times; my post and urs came at same time. Yours jsut happened to post before mine.

As for Drichards believe whatever you want to believe all I was saying is in terms of rs people call efficient the best xp:hr, regardless of cost or profit so you wanna be careful in using it.

Your personal opinion may differ as to what efficient is, but it doesnt matter the rs community at large relate efficient to xp:hr alone.

Also if you superheat while doing 99 mining it would take MORE than 2 weeks as the super heating delays you, you cannot jsut add extra actions in at no cost to time at all.

Superheating while mining does NOT delay you. Where have you been for the past year?

It does delay you slightly even if your click timing is perfect; granted not by a huge amount but it is marginally worse mining xp:hr than just outright mining.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

1. Get 99 Slayer, in the process getting pretty much 99 in all combat skills and close to 99 Summoning. This will also make you 200-300m on average.

2. Use this new-found money to buy overloads/turmoil

3. Dungeoneer for a rapier.

4. Bosshunt, while farming on the side between trips as well as flip merching with your cash pile and doing elite clue scrolls you get from bosshunting trips. Try to never have a static large cash pile, always keep your money flowing. Torstol farming is massive profit with the new JuJu potions, and a good flip mercher will see a 5% return on his cashpile every 8 hours with little effort. Also, bosshunting is HIGHLY profitable, with DK's/TD's being my personal favourites making upwards of 3m gp/hr, and is relatively reliable (plus completely soloable so you get your own elites/effigies.) GWD works relatively well as well if you want a break in your routine, especially Bandos

5. Use the effigies you got from slayer/bosshunting for further exp in harder/more expensive skills.

I'm in the exactly OPPOSITE predicament to you after doing all of this stuff. I have all my expensive buyables all but done (Herblore, Prayer, Summoning, Smithing,) but have a bunch of unbuyables left that I'll have to train. But I am currently at DK's and doing flip merches and farming that sees me rake in a good 15-20m a day. It's easily possible once you know what to do

Hope this helped.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

1. Get 99 Slayer, in the process getting pretty much 99 in all combat skills and close to 99 Summoning. This will also make you 200-300m on average.

2. Use this new-found money to buy overloads/turmoil

3. Dungeoneer for a rapier.

4. Bosshunt, while farming on the side between trips as well as flip merching with your cash pile and doing elite clue scrolls you get from bosshunting trips. Try to never have a static large cash pile, always keep your money flowing. Torstol farming is massive profit with the new JuJu potions, and a good flip mercher will see a 5% return on his cashpile every 8 hours with little effort. Also, bosshunting is HIGHLY profitable, with DK's/TD's being my personal favourites making upwards of 3m gp/hr, and is relatively reliable (plus completely soloable so you get your own elites/effigies.) GWD works relatively well as well if you want a break in your routine, especially Bandos

5. Use the effigies you got from slayer/bosshunting for further exp in harder/more expensive skills.

I'm in the exactly OPPOSITE predicament to you after doing all of this stuff. I have all my expensive buyables all but done (Herblore, Prayer, Summoning, Smithing,) but have a bunch of unbuyables left that I'll have to train. But I am currently at DK's and doing flip merches and farming that sees me rake in a good 15-20m a day. It's easily possible once you know what to do

Hope this helped.

Thank you very much. You have provided me with a wealth of information which I will write down and begin acting on immediately. Thank you very much.

Actually, while im at it, switch 3 and 1.

Should really get a rapier first, because I heard it does speed up slayer.

I got 99 slayer on supers and piety with my trusty whip though, so hey, what do I know :P

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

L2quote