From Flab to Abs.

Tim

I did a biceps/back/pack workout two days ago. My back and stomach feel fine and healed...however, my biceps [bleep]ing KILL. I can't put my arms down straight because they are still so sore, and when I walk I have to have them at like a 90 degree angle. Is this normal? Have I overdone my muscles/hurt them? Will they grow a lot?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the first time you've done a workout within a year or so? Did you just go in and do the weights yourself, or did you have a trainer?

They should be fine though, I remember when I first started and did a leg workout, couldn't walk properly for 3 days. If you're going to keep working out, you should buy some protein powder as it will feed your muscles, as for the growth, you will see growth over time, just keep at it!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Says the pretty princess

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Is this the first time you've done a workout within a year or so? Did you just go in and do the weights yourself, or did you have a trainer?

They should be fine though, I remember when I first started and did a leg workout, couldn't walk properly for 3 days. If you're going to keep working out, you should buy some protein powder as it will feed your muscles, as for the growth, you will see growth over time, just keep at it!

It was the first time in a while that I worked hard on biceps, yes. And I go with a friend who has lifted 3-4 years, so I consider him good enough to be a trainer. And of course I drink the nasty whey.

DOMS (Deep Onset Muscle Soreness) is massively more pronounced in people who haven't exercised or worked out in a while. The pain goes as your muscles adapt.

And Tim, whilst not wanting to make light of problems at home don't use them as an excuse. Most of the core/abs exercises we posted don't need any equipment and could easily be done before bed in 5-20 minutes. Once you can hold a plank for 1 minute with not too much problem, just find a tree or a bar to hang off and do knees to elbows. Stuff like this takes no time and no equipment, the only thing stopping you is yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOgtFcqWbE

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You cant spot reduce fat, in males and females the belly fat is the last place where fat is burnt generally. Ab's are made in the kitchen as well as the gym. One good AB workout a week alongside plenty of cardio and a great nutritional diet and you will be there in no time.

Plastic+Poet.png

Say I want to do cardio (running) and ab workouts. Would it be better if I ran first and then did abs (and pushups occasionally)? Or should I do ab workouts and pushups before I run?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

It doesn't really matter which order you do them really. Whenever we would do ab work for rowing (Injury prevention), we would always do it after our main training (Rowing, or running). I prefer it this order but it's up to you really.

What's more important more than anything for ab work is the exercises you are doing.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

What muscles do you guys work on the same days? I try to be strategic so I can work 5 days in a row (weekends off) without over-using sore muscles. For example, I don't like to bench with sore triceps. I usually combine things like back and biceps, chest and triceps, shoulders and forearms, etc. Does anyone else do this/ have as reccomendation of what muscles to work together?