Dung ring? What do I need to do? Help.

Vezon Dash

New question. I just got a promethium 2h from "dung smith" (thanks all of you how suggested that) and I was wondering what I should do with my ring. To be honest, I have no clue what upgrading the ring does or if i should upgrade it. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks to Vex and greggar, my new-found knowledge tells me that you should get a berserker class ring on class 5.

wats a greggar

t6 zerker

if you click upgrade a class (there's a confirmation before you actually buy it) there's a description of what they do.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Desperado might be better for regular monsters with hex, it's sniper for necrolord.

Same kind of deal for Blitzer, if you quickswitch with surgebox it's better for regular monsters, but use Blazer on dread/hope

why is sniper better for necrolord

Some people are under the impression that sniper ring guarantees at least 50% of your hits will do damage.

But that's false, as the sniper ring doesn't do that. Go try ranging a pickaxe with sniper ring and a shortbow. You'll hit like 5% of the time.

and why is blazer better than blitzer on dread/hope?

They both give up to 25% increased DPS. but blitzer has less overkill loss.

sniper and blazer conserve ammo a bit better than the desperado/blitzer rings, but i can't see why else they would be better.

the two rings are also better for GS tricking but if you need to resort to that, you might wanna beef up your team's combat skills.

only reason i might see blazer being better is that the small hits might stack with leech prayers.

In which case you could leech a boss dry of defense really quick.

But i'm not positive that's the case.

I can't see any other reason blazer would be better than sniper other than for ammo conservation (which is silly since logging out and back in restocks your celestial surgebox ammo)

and gs tricking.

as for ammo, i rarely have problems.

Naaxi.png

brutes are weak to stab, but u'll still only have ~60% accuracy on a maxed brute with max stats and primal spear.

Wow....your luck with brutes really sucks. I have that much accuracy slashing them.....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

brutes are weak to stab, but u'll still only have ~60% accuracy on a maxed brute with max stats and primal spear.

Wow....your luck with brutes really sucks. I have that much accuracy slashing them.....

perhaps warped brutes are slightly different from the abandons counterpart, but yes I did have that kind of accuracy on them with a spear.

regardless, firesurge at 100% accuracy vs primal spear at 100% accuracy with tier 10 blitzer, and no boots/gauntlets/magic damage bonus deal equal dps.

and magic does hit more accurately on brutes

Naaxi.png

why is sniper better for necrolord

Some people are under the impression that sniper ring guarantees at least 50% of your hits will do damage.

But that's false, as the sniper ring doesn't do that. Go try ranging a pickaxe with sniper ring and a shortbow. You'll hit like 5% of the time.

and why is blazer better than blitzer on dread/hope?

They both give up to 25% increased DPS. but blitzer has less overkill loss.

sniper and blazer conserve ammo a bit better than the desperado/blitzer rings, but i can't see why else they would be better.

the two rings are also better for GS tricking but if you need to resort to that, you might wanna beef up your team's combat skills.

only reason i might see blazer being better is that the small hits might stack with leech prayers.

In which case you could leech a boss dry of defense really quick.

But i'm not positive that's the case.

I can't see any other reason blazer would be better than sniper other than for ammo conservation (which is silly since logging out and back in restocks your celestial surgebox ammo)

and gs tricking.

as for ammo, i rarely have problems.

On something that has low range defence (ie Necrolord), sniper vs desperado gives you max hits on nearly 50% of attempts while Desperado is basically a ranged potion to increase your max hit and not having to use longrange. I'm pretty sure Sniper is better dps in that situation, but if you can prove me wrong, go for it...it'd help me and I'm not resistant to changing methods if proven wrong. I don't have a hex but I'm guessing that the differences in how it creates your max hit makes Desperado better - any input there?

I suggested Blazer for the bosses because the overkill damage is negligible and I often solo safespot bosses while the rest of my team with hex/laws finishes the dungeon. I don't have the luxury of logging out/in if I run out during a solo. As for the rest of the dungeon: it's not always feasible to log out at your gatestone to preserve it. If you run low on runes with Blitzer, you're going to lose time no matter which method you do to get more ammo. Although it's only a small amount of time, so is the time lost to overkill because not all lost overkill damage saves you a combat round (so blitzer is probably theoretically better, but blazer is practically better, like binding primal gauntlets over platebody). Of course, if you're just crafting runes for a team-maged boss, you can use either one since you'll probably have more runes than you need.

I guess I suggested my choices to be useful for bosses, because I'd assume that's the more pressing issue if you have to ask which ring to use, but it's a bit more complex than that.

2496 Completionist

On something that has low range defence (ie Necrolord), sniper vs desperado gives you max hits on nearly 50% of attempts while Desperado is basically a ranged potion to increase your max hit and not having to use longrange. I'm pretty sure Sniper is better dps in that situation, but if you can prove me wrong, go for it...it'd help me and I'm not resistant to changing methods if proven wrong. I don't have a hex but I'm guessing that the differences in how it creates your max hit makes Desperado better - any input there?

I suggested Blazer for the bosses because the overkill damage is negligible and I often solo safespot bosses while the rest of my team with hex/laws finishes the dungeon. I don't have the luxury of logging out/in if I run out during a solo. As for the rest of the dungeon: it's not always feasible to log out at your gatestone to preserve it. If you run low on runes with Blitzer, you're going to lose time no matter which method you do to get more ammo. Although it's only a small amount of time, so is the time lost to overkill because not all lost overkill damage saves you a combat round (so blitzer is probably theoretically better, but blazer is practically better). Of course, if you're just crafting runes for a team-maged boss, you can use either one since you'll probably have more runes than you need.

I guess I suggested my choices to be useful for bosses, because I'd assume that's the more pressing issue if you have to ask which ring to use, but it's a bit more complex than that.

remember sniper ring requires long-range, not rapid.

So 50% chance of max hit translates to about 1.5x damage increase

the thing is, Rapid is +1 speed.

shortbows are 7 speed on rapid, 6 on long range. That's 1.33x1.2 = 1.6x dps

Longbows are 6 speed on rapid, 5 on long range. That's 1.25x1.2 = 1.5x dps

so for longbows sniper and desperado are equal dps at tier 10.

Secondly, sniper ring scales quicker than desperado.

Which means that for longbows, even if tier 10 sniper ring = tier 10 desperado.

Tier 9 sniper ring < tier 10 desperado

Remember tier 1 desperado is +11% damage, translating to 1.3875x on longbows, 1.48x on shortbows.

tier 1 sniper = 1.2x damage.

The sniper starts off at slower dps at lower tiers, and doesn't catch up until tier 10.

So sniper ring is always equal or lesser dps. It is never better.

In fact there's more overkill loss which is bad for non bosses.

Only benefit is ammo conservation.

so longstory short

desperado is 1.48x to 1.6x dps compared to un-ringed longrange mode for shortbows

desperado is 1.3875x to 1.5x dps compared to un-ringed longrange mode for longbows

sniper is only 1.2x to 1.5x dps compared to un-ringed longrange mode

as for maging hope/dreadnaut, you can afford to log out right before the boss.

It's not like you respawn in home teleport.

as for your gate, you usually need your gatestone for safespotting hope devourer/dreadnaut. Unless you get a lucky spawn (in the case of hope)

not really any bosses that are commonly maged.

as for using spells to clear rooms, 125 spells should be plenty.

You shouldn't have so many mosnters that you can't just smack with melee to great effect.

Naaxi.png