super-newb P2P money making

glasscube

I am talking "Why did you buy members for that?!" low here.

My character has 40 attack, 10 strength, 40 defense and 57 fishing. Full rune + scimitar.

I need to get some initial money made here. What are some things I can do to generate some starting wealth so I can merchant? Chiseling granite? Stringing flax? I don't think melee will be a good idea because it takes me forever to kill stuff, plus I don't feel like competing with bots (lol flesh crawlers). Also the only quests I have done are ... The Blood Pact. That's it.

Don't mind doing some easy quests. So between killing men and flesh crawlers I have around 65k.

400k/hr Would be nice, but I'm not expecting more than that (if you manage I'll poop my pants). In the mean time I am gonna read my book and fish.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Go to the grand tree and pick up the swamp toad spawns for some cash to train herblore.

after getting a decent amount of cash use the herblore spreadsheet found here

http://forum.tip.it/topic/254457-grimys-reference-spreadsheets/

and work out which (unf) pots to make for the best profit.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Herb Farming is good consistant money, especially when you get into the higher levels and can generate a decent sum/hr*

EDIT:*This sum can go into the millions at higher levels.

Perhaps you could invest in 15 thieiving and steal clue scrolls from H.A.M members - it's not going to always yield you a hefty sum. But the good rewards earn you a neat 100k-200k for 4 minutes treasure Trailing aswell.

Luck be a Lady

Kill some low level slayer monsters for bronze boots, they're worth 17k in the grand exhange for some reason :blink:

There are lots of ways of making money low level, fishing and woodcutting are 2 ways.

I get asked alot "What's the best way to make money?" Ultimately, my answer always falls back to "whatever you like to do, repeatedly, that makes you money and hopefully, doesn't rely on the market." For me, burning shades was that. It not only got me 99 prayer, but I also advanced many skills doing that, and for the most part, didn't rely on the market value of most of the items I got.

barabas69.png

Having played around with a new account on members recently looking for ways to do things.

What are your XP Goals for that character?

What are your Ranged & Magic levels if you have 10 strength?

Are you planning on levelling many non-combat skills?

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Go to the grand tree and pick up the swamp toad spawns for some cash to train herblore.

after getting a decent amount of cash use the herblore spreadsheet found here

http://forum.tip.it/topic/254457-grimys-reference-spreadsheets/

and work out which (unf) pots to make for the best profit.

Sounds like a solid plan, unfinished potions are always decent cash at the worst of times.

Herb Farming is good consistant money, especially when you get into the higher levels and can generate a decent sum/hr*

EDIT:*This sum can go into the millions at higher levels.

Perhaps you could invest in 15 thieiving and steal clue scrolls from H.A.M members - it's not going to always yield you a hefty sum. But the good rewards earn you a neat 100k-200k for 4 minutes treasure Trailing aswell.

eh, not a fan of clues personally. Not a super big fan of farming either, I don't like how it basically forces me to take a hard break for 3-5 minutes.

Kill some low level slayer monsters for bronze boots, they're worth 17k in the grand exhange for some reason :blink:

There are lots of ways of making money low level, fishing and woodcutting are 2 ways.

I get asked alot "What's the best way to make money?" Ultimately, my answer always falls back to "whatever you like to do, repeatedly, that makes you money and hopefully, doesn't rely on the market." For me, burning shades was that. It not only got me 99 prayer, but I also advanced many skills doing that, and for the most part, didn't rely on the market value of most of the items I got.

Don't want to sound like an [wagon] here, but I know that. Fishing and Woodcutting are poor ways to make money regardless, only reason why fishing is leveled is because I have a backlog of like, 200gb of shows to watch and 5 books to read.

Having played around with a new account on members recently looking for ways to do things.

What are your XP Goals for that character?

What are your Ranged & Magic levels if you have 10 strength?

Are you planning on levelling many non-combat skills?

My ranged and Magic is 2 and 7 respectively. See that's why I need some money, I want to get a mud staff and curse up to 43/55 magic. Also rune boots, glory, regen brace in the meantime etc etc. I don't mind leveling non-combat skills as long as there is a benefit (Quest I need to do anyway, it opens up an obviously better money maker)

I plan on staying considerably low strength, no prayer (11 from the canafis quest) and no summoning. I may level summoning later after details are revealed about the free trade revival, but until then no. So that leaves out quite a bit of quests as quite a few of them give strength XP. Though if you know a good way to make money that will give me a little bit strength XP too, I can work around that probably. (as of now I haven't done any planning for quests other then blood pact to get a nice, bot free training ground)

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it. I managed to fish 150 some lobsters in the meantime. So I am sitting at around 90k now :).

Short term goals would be, 80 attack 80 defense, xx strength, 82 magic/xx range. Long term is obviously maxed the respective skills I want to train... Will take me a long time with such low strength but nothing I can't manage.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Ok, so no summoning, that makes the next part a bit easier.

Do myths of the white lands quest for a 500xp lamp.

Complete beginner lumby tasks for another 500xp lamp

Head to the player safety stronghold (Where the cockroach soldiers are) and grab 2 x 500xp lamps there and the 10k gp.

Spend all lamps on Dungeoneering. Head to edgeville dungeon and unlock the chaos druid resource dungeon. Then head to the dwarven mine and unlock that one. This should get you hopefully get you 20dg. Then unlock the Hill giant resource dungeon. You will be 23-24 or so and will need a few random event lamps to get to 25 to unlock the next one (Karamja lesser dungeon).

So what this gives you.

Chaos Druids w/ Rannar spawn - you can sit in the corner ranging, it may take a while to get a world & these are also non-aggressive after like 26cb.

An area to powermine iron and bank it using the deposit box - this can also be busy, but u'll find a world eventually depending on what time of day you play.

An uncrowded Hill giant area which is quite good for training & has limpwurt spawns if you want to bank them.

Other things you can do in the meantime - buy 1k mind runes, 1k fire runes and an air staff - put your rune on and afk at Thiefs in Edgeville dungeon, using wind rush, then wind strike, then fire strike, to level your magic a bit - much more productive than fishing I guess. You can also do the same method for levelling range initially (But only wear the rune full)

Try that out for a start I guess, your main income wll come from Herbs at a low level.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com