Woodcutting and Firemaking Exp with Adze.

Noxx

With a current goal of mine being 99 Woodcutting and obviously a future goal being 99 Firemaking i am looking for a method that will offer me both good Woodcutting exp as well as Firemaking exp while using an Adze. At the moment i am doing Mahogany trees. I am getting about 57k Woodcutting exp and 23k Firemaking exp per hour. I am totally fine with this, but i was wondering if there was anything that would offer me an better exp rates?

Maybe Maple or Teak?

I know Teak will offer me upto 15k Woodcutting exp an hour more, but not too sure about the Firemaking part. I'd rather get less WC exp and more Firemaking exp, not the other way around seeing as i find FM a lot more tedious.

Thanks in advance!.

I think i've seen a method using Eucalyptus trees, near mobilising armies. So you'd chop until you had a full invent then burn them all, run back and chop again. This would keep the wc/fm xp even I think. Couldn't tell you the XP rates though.

However if you do mahoganies with a yak you can make some gold I guess (Using the parcel service) also the main source of gold comes from the special mahogany logs that allow you to do an inv of planks for free.

Teaks would be higher XP in both WC and FM I believe, but you'd have to be prepared to drop/alc the ones that don't burn.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

You banked 99 cons anyway :P Teaks are roughly the same fm xp/hr.You could try what Vex said with eucalyptus but that'd slow down woodcutting.Would save you the trouble of firemaking though. I personally use teaks and banked 10k yews as at 99 wc the firemaking level will be roughly 97-98.Goodluck.

If you want to consider profit and magic exp as well, you should try using plank make lunar spell while cutting mahoganies.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I'm not all too bothered about gettin money out of it, but i'd prefer not to spend anything either. I find it stupid to spend money on a skill that should be making you money. If i decide to go for teask, would it be just as fast if i bank the planks instead of dropping them? Most of the times i play without a mouse, so dropping becomes insanly slow.

@Vex, special logs are a pain in the ass. The make decent money, sure. But actually having them converted into planks is a bother. Also, i am more concerned about the Woocdutting exp as mentioned. I don't really wAnt to slow it down by burning an inventory of logs ever 3 minutes. Although i might do this the last level or so to 99. Thanks for the idea.

@Mummi, that method will just be a needless slowdown. seeing as i have well above 99 Magic already i wont pull benifit from it, but thanks for the idea non the less.

@Aslan, nothing wrong with making some money when its easy ;) But seeing as teaks will get me to both 99 WC and FM sooner, i am off to teaks now.

Thanks for the speedy replies!

With a current goal of mine being 99 Woodcutting and obviously a future goal being 99 Firemaking i am looking for a method that will offer me both good Woodcutting exp as well as Firemaking exp while using an Adze. At the moment i am doing Mahogany trees. I am getting about 57k Woodcutting exp and 23k Firemaking exp per hour. I am totally fine with this, but i was wondering if there was anything that would offer me an better exp rates?

Maybe Maple or Teak?

I know Teak will offer me upto 15k Woodcutting exp an hour more, but not too sure about the Firemaking part. I'd rather get less WC exp and more Firemaking exp, not the other way around seeing as i find FM a lot more tedious.

Thanks in advance!.

Adze burns 30% of the logs, so if you get more WC xp, you get more FM xp. Chop teaks.

Edit, nvm saw it was answered already