Rock lobster bursting equipment

Smeithan

Same as my other question actually :P

I'm gonna burst some rock lobsters the other day and I'm not sure if the equipment I usually take is good:

Void mage helm - ahrim's robetop - blue cape (soulwars) - Arcane stream necklace - void deflector - staff of light - elite void bottom - lumbridge/draynor diary ring 4 - void gloves - mystic boots

My actual question is: Do the 15% mage bonuses of the necklace, void, staff of light and mystic might prayer add up to 60%? Or should I swap some equipment?

Smeithan.png

I like battle robes for the rune saving. Last I heard, full void mage was marginally worse then Ahrims. This is because the set effect is mage accuracy and not damage. As the rock lobs are weak to mage that bonus then becomes wasted.

But yep, with battle robes I manage to get an 100+ mage bonus and almost never splash on the rock lobsters. You will be able to stay down there for hours, it's a good setup. I can suggest two things, I bring veracs top, bottom and a got miter. This lets me lure quite well as tanking hits, even with pray, makes battle robes degrade faster. I also, and I know it cuts down on my charms/h, I just do, bring a melee weapon to take out melee dagganoths that you might accidentally get on you.

My setup:

Battle robe hood

Arcane stream (fury is just as good here, arcane stream bonus doesn't work on multiple targets, not sure about this)

Battle robe top

Battle robe bottom

Infinity boots

Soul wars cape

Staff of Light

Unholy Book

Then in my inventory:

Teleport (one click)

Blood Runes

Death Runes

Chaos Rune

Water Runes

Blue charm placeholder

Crimson charm placeholder

Veracs top

Veracs Bottom

Miter

SGS

Gem bag

Rune thrownaxe x1 (for getting in)

Food x1(drop this when you get down if you haven't used it, I just bring it to top off before I start bursting)

P Pots x15

Oh and those spa pools are really great for getting down, if you carry the veracs you won't be able to run all the way so I highly recommend them.

Also good luck getting prayer potions, they are bought out. Perhaps bring a holy wrench and fally 3/4 to help cut down on pot usage. normally I wouldn't recommend it but this buyout sucks.

Oh, and an SGS pretty much will make it so that you can stay until your robes degrade. It's a worthwhile investment if you have cash laying around and think you can resell it. Or even just if you can get a loan form a friend, it really makes a difference, it's expensive but nice for camping.

On the flip side, if you don't have enough cash, tome of frost will save you something like 7 million bursting from 88-96 summoning.

If you have any more questions PM me, I'm currently bursting to 96 summoning in increments and I hope that I can answer any questions you have

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Thanks alot!

My inventory looks quite the same as yours. I once wanted to buy Battle robes but my friend and I calculated that the time you'll need to get FOG tolens to recharge your robes is more than enough to make back the money lost by ur runes. Batlle robes are pretty expensive as well on street.

BTW would proselyte do good aswell for running with pray? Cuz it's a lot cheaper.

And would full ahrims be good too for bursting? Instead of Brobes cuz I can repair 'em cheap with 99 smith ^^

All the 15% bonuses are for mge accurary?

Smeithan.png

The main cost isn't the robes degrading, it's the runes. For me I know ahrims is more cost effective if you have a higher income. However I enjoy the breaks to play a little FoG to recharge them and it isn't a problem for me, it's more fun then the idea of grinding my best moneymaker for runes. Also, Ahrims is more expensive. Battle robes are buyable for max in the GE if you leave your offer in for a week or so, you don't really need to pay street for them.

I use Veracs because it's handy and I have it on hand. With battle robes it is especially important to lure in other gear as not to degrade them. If you were to use Ahrims then you could swap to prossy or even monk robes, it doesn't make much a difference. Just be mindful that at some point you might get some of the dagganoths on you. That is when I also use veracs and the SGS to kill them, it's a good time to SGS spec too.

But yes, you can use ahrims and you're right to say that it's more efficient. I just don't because I don't mind spending some time running around FoG.

The void bonus is just accuracy I believe. Sorry.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I only do rock lobster bursting once a week with triple charms on so I don't spend too much money. The rest of the week I do slay for charms :D

I like your method too and I guess people use yours alot more, but it comes to personal choices I think.

Thanks though, cuz now Ima buys some ahrims robes! :P

Smeithan.png

Don't worry about Ahrim's, void may be like a few points worse, but you'd be better off getting a seer's ring and infinity boots.

Proselyte > Verac's for luring. Use a stole, sw cape, proselyte plate and fala shield 3 for luring, wear a mage arena cape when maging. Max mage attack won't make a lot of a difference but it's not like you need prayer bonus. Void skirt/deflector helps you tank ranged attacks (not that you need to, but alright).

By the way if you are only bursting for the triple charms, switch to barraging once you can.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Proselyte > Verac's for luring. Use a stole, sw cape, proselyte plate and fala shield 3 for luring, wear a mage arena cape when maging. Max mage attack won't make a lot of a difference but it's not like you need prayer bonus. Void skirt/deflector helps you tank ranged attacks (not that you need to, but alright).

Would it be reasonable to swap out the mage cape completely for the ardy cape 3? Since max mage bonus isn't that necessary, +6 mage seems fine and the benefits are having a decent prayer cape. In doing that, you could forgo bringing a SW cape for pray bonus and then just bring an extra pray pot, which I'm could make trips last longer.

Ah you want to make trips last longer, eh? *evil laughter*

You can already last for hours and hours (longer than battle robes last, for example) with just an sgs and 30ish prayer bonus. So you really don't need to make them last even longer, imo. I get bored after only two hours :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Ah you want to make trips last longer, eh? *evil laughter*

You can already last for hours and hours (longer than battle robes last, for example) with just an sgs and 30ish prayer bonus. So you really don't need to make them last even longer, imo. I get bored after only two hours :P.

agreed. when i bursted for 94 mage, i used armor to tank, then prayed when i had over 6 lobs on me.i couda stayed there forever with sgs and blood burst. but like you said, it gets very boring lol.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]