Mourning's Ends - Part 2 Quest

Neohero1972

Hi

I'm about to begin the Mourning's Ends - Part 2 quest and I need some advice before starting out.

I have watched a video guide on how to do the quest and I can see that praying against melee is important as soon as I enters the Temple of Light dungeon (to avoid being slaughtered by Dark Beasts and Shadows) and while being in the Temple of Light complex itself.

My suggested equipment setup for survival in the temple is:

well, just about everything which has a prayer bonus !

Proselyte Sallet (helm)

Proselyte Hauberk (chest)

Proselyte Cuisse (legs)

White Boots (feet)

Dragon Mace (weapon)

Falador Shield 2 (shield)

Ardougne Cloak 2 (cape)

Blessed Holy Symbol (amulet)

Total prayer bonus: 42

Is this setup good enough ? - it's sorta what I have and the rest I can easily obtain.

That seems like a waste of prayer points to me, you could prayer flash if you don't mind clicking a bit or you could tank in full guthans

:thumbsup: Gl with the quest btw

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

I dont think prayer is exactly vital; if you go near the dark beasts you've sort've gone the wrong way. They r easy to avoid.

I mean when I did the quest I spent around 5 hours solving the puzzle (guide free) simialr combat stats to you if not lower. Used guthans and sharks and I only had to bail out to bank about every 45 minutes or so.

Using a guide you culd easly get thru shadows prayer free on 1 load of food, possibly 2.

If you do want to go the prayer route tht outfit seems perfectly reasonable

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As others have stated you could try tanking it in Guthans. Prayer isn't exactly 'necessary', although if you want to do it, go for it. Those shadows did hit hard even on my 99 Defence. :razz:

j0xPu5R.png

That setup seems fine to me.

Don't forget to rotate the final mirror to point back at the door once you leave. I forgot and had to do the last step all over again.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I would recommend an ancient mace as a spec weapon, the spec restores prayer, and monk robes, as light weight is important. Boots of lightness and a spottier cape as well will be more helpful.

Really, you don't need to pray a lot.

Also, you shouldn't need to bank, bring a bunyip or two and baskets of strawberries + agility pies for food. An energy potion and 4 or so prayer potions.

Really, you won't even need it all if you use a guide.

Edit: Since you can't use a bunyip bring a terrorbird and extra pouch. Fill it with baskets of strawberries.

Edit2: The reason prayer gear after a point stops being good is becuase it has diminishing returns. 5 more bonus when you're already +30 actually gives less then when you're at 0. This is why it's okay to have a prayer bonus around 25-30. An extra prayer potion will give you longer pray time then that extra prayer bonus.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Hi

Thank you all for replying.

Since I'm such a woos then I'll stick to the setup I have initially chosen atleast the first time I venture down there.

If I later feel that the setup is a bit of an overkill setup then I can always "downgrade".

Now I'm looking forward to start the quest and see how it goes...

Once again; thank you all for your comments.

My comments aren't a downgrade. They are an upgrade. The lower weight will help you more then the prayer bonus. If you're unwilling to take advice there isn't much point in posting in an H&A forum.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Good luck, I cannot imagine trying to do that quest without a guide as it took me about 3 hours following every step and making no mistakes. I just used torag's body and verac's skirt and tanked most of the hits, although I do remember having to bank once.

My comments aren't a downgrade. They are an upgrade. The lower weight will help you more then the prayer bonus. If you're unwilling to take advice there isn't much point in posting in an H&A forum.

Easy now - please don't take any offence !

I didn't mean that your suggestion was a downgrade (would you be so kind as to read my previous post again) - I was replying to all in this thread !

Anyway, since my last post I had a more careful look at the Ancient Mace which you suggested and have decided to use that one instead of the Dragon Mace due to its special ability.