---!!!Respect Skill!!!---

SirHartlar

Ok, so you've been playing for 2 years now. You have a party hat, a hallooween mask. But still, someone in the street finds themselves able to call you a noob. One way to fix this problem, for the dedicated people who have been playing RuneScape for AGES, could be adding a respect skill.

My idea came to me when I was walking down the street and I saw a level 18 calling a level 72 a noob because he refused to buy some mind runes. I soon realised this was a problem lots of experienced players encountered. Don't even get me started on members getting bombarded by f2p's (I'm a f2p and I don't go crazy if I see someone wearing full shade!).

Let's say there is a level 108 called Bob. Bob has level 50 in his respect skill. Bob is encountered by a level 15 trying to buy his rune trimmed for an entire 3k! Bob gets tired of the abuse and decides to put into play his respect skill. And just like that, the level 15 is unable to talk to him, in fact Bob could have made it even more embarrassing by making the level 15 not even able to see him. Thus, the respect skill could make experienced players enjoy playing without the nag of, for want of a better word, 'noobs'. It wouldn't have to be used, it would just be there in case you wanted it. Things like party hats and money could be registered for XP, without losing them of course.

A few things to clear up before you post back:

I am free to play!

I am not trying to cause embarressment

I have no problem with new players, unless they annoy me

I am not high level at all - Level 33 in fact!

Please post back with your honest opinions. Hopefully you will like this idea.

It's a noble idea to obtain respect because of a skill, but i don't think that will change a lot. How will you get the exp., and what if you quit.

It'll be too hard, but think this way, respect you get from friends, not from random people who think they can say everything - even when it's a game - ...

signature4s.jpg

We already have a mysterious thing called ignore list for nagging noobs.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Thats how internetgaming works. You can say whatever you want without any consequence. If you cant adapt to the situation you might want to ask yourself if you want to keep on playing games over the internet. There are always people with no manners wherever you are.

Somebody has been playing San Andreas?

Actually, I do like the idea, but it might have the affect of ruining social conversations. I can see some ignorant higher levels using this and offending lower levels, but you can ignore me because my input means nothing. *sigh*

Actually I've never played San Andreas, I'm only 13. I can totally see where you're coming from about social conversations though. And also, your input is important. Everybody has an opinion and I think it is immoral to think as anyone as unimportant.