Somehow extending an image?

Vulxai

Just to start, I'm no expert in any language, I just like to do it for fun. Recently I've been building a website (personal website, just for fun, not looking to launch anything). Currently I have basically two rectangles.

..._______________

_|______________|_

|..................................|

|_________________|

..|______________|

There's a very rough sketch of kind of what it's looking like. The bottom and top (smaller rectangles) are orange, and the main middle one is blue (they're both gradiented...if that's a word...no, no it's not...). Basically what I want to know is if it's somehow possible to extend that design vertically depending on the length of the content put into that area (without manually increasing the size of it). I tried tables, but it's not working too well, so I'm not thinking it's possible, but I figured I'd ask someone who's had waaaay more experience than me.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe you are looking for a min-height (CSS)? Work with <div>'s and you can do it ;) (PM me if you don't understand anything I said, it could help if I can see the code you have)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!