Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Hey Dark_Aura, you forgot that trial can have not only time limit, but levels limit instead. I can't rememebr what game has it so you can play for free as long as you don't have lvl 40 or something. Then you must pay.

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

complaining about a game that i have been playing for 7 and a half years is offencive... sorry but did some one here forget the "limit" on the skills that you can use... once again i win.. and the "limit" on the areas you can use.. this is in fact a trial you can ask anyone who knows the game to tell you this.. even the mod right there just told you its a trial im sorry if you are a non member and want to get all mad because you get proved wrong, play as long as you would like on non member its still only a trial of the game, and there is always a point in the game where they have something in your way where if you get members you can feel the fullness of that skill, such as fishing with karamja isle.. but yes, im sorry for the way i acted or whatever but iv been seeing people say things like its not a trial or they should get more for about 6 years now and to me its very stupid.. but i say drop this topic and find something good to rant about that makes more sence...

vyronf3.png

In MY opinion:

Things that F2P ers should get:

Wildy Capes

Yew Bows / Rune Arrows

Things that F2P ers shouldn't get:

More bank space

More quests

Being able to post in the official forums

Skill Capes

If F2P ers did get these things, then I can guarantee that there would not be as many people becoming members. I hate to say it, but Jagex's top priority is money.

F2P is just supposed to be there for people to get into the game enough so that they will want more and buy members. I personally don't have anything against F2P ers, I just think it is silly that you would play so long without getting the "full" version of the game.

Bubb_Rubb.png

Jagex gives you a perfect amount of updates. When i was a F2P i only had 1 update until i became a member. A few months into members F2ps are getting Updates 1 every 2 Months. Don`t be ranting, as all i ever had was stronghold of Security.Your lucky.

Hey [cabbage], there is over 1 billion fletching exp in the game. It takes 14m yew long bows to get 1 billion exp. Now, the top 5 fletchers have 1 billion between them. I'd say that there is probally atleast another billion exp in the game betweene verybody else so that means that 28m+ yews have been cut. Thats close to 5 billion exp. There is now way you members together have 5 billion woodcutting exp between you guys. Which means without us you wouldn't have that exp which means you people need us alot mroe than you can admit.

Right, so what you're saying is, members depend on f2p because of their woodcutting exp? Makes sense...

happysigbp0.jpg

complaining about a game that i have been playing for 7 and a half years is offencive... sorry but did some one here forget the "limit" on the skills that you can use... once again i win.. and the "limit" on the areas you can use.. this is in fact a trial you can ask anyone who knows the game to tell you this.. even the mod right there just told you its a trial im sorry if you are a non member and want to get all mad because you get proved wrong, play as long as you would like on non member its still only a trial of the game, and there is always a point in the game where they have something in your way where if you get members you can feel the fullness of that skill, such as fishing with karamja isle.. but yes, im sorry for the way i acted or whatever but iv been seeing people say things like its not a trial or they should get more for about 6 years now and to me its very stupid.. but i say drop this topic and find something good to rant about that makes more sence...

Limit on the skills? You lose. It'd be a trial if it had a LEVEL LIMIT. Ain't the customer support messages automatic? If you play RS for 7 and a half years, why you still don't spell right? Atleast you got "karamaja" right, though. Also, trial is, according to Wiktionary:

1. an opportunity to test something out; a test.

Ex: They will perform the trials for the new equipment next week.

2. appearance at judicial court.

3. a difficult experience.

4. an annoying person

Ex: That boy was a trial to his parents

By Albus Dumbledore's long beard, we've being trying to tell you to look in a dictionary and you don't give a damn? Besides, Jagex mods don't know everything, do they? They aren't Albert Gower or Andrew Einstein. But they don't have the intelligence of a book who tries to to discuss the difference of a rock from a stone.

Hey [cabbage], there is over 1 billion fletching exp in the game. It takes 14m yew long bows to get 1 billion exp. Now, the top 5 fletchers have 1 billion between them. I'd say that there is probally atleast another billion exp in the game betweene verybody else so that means that 28m+ yews have been cut. Thats close to 5 billion exp. There is now way you members together have 5 billion woodcutting exp between you guys. Which means without us you wouldn't have that exp which means you people need us alot mroe than you can admit.

Right, so what you're saying is, members depend on f2p because of their woodcutting exp? Makes sense...

Because they'd rather waste money on logs than waste Membership time on trees.

In MY opinion:

Wildy Capes- Yes, most PKing is done on F2P.

Yew Bows / Rune Arrows- P2Ps just got the Dark Bow and Dragon Arrows, so why not?

More quests- 17 quests for 6 or something years isn't good... But not too much. 3 high-level quests are great, Dragon Slayer is the one that challenges the most.

More bank space- Just fill that stupid half line.

Skill Capes- Not so sure. Maybe not, it'll make 99er's wanting to pay to show off.

Being able to post in the official forums- NO, NEVER, NUNCA. If it ain't already bad, you'd want it to become worse?

Changed above, gave my point.

Jagex gives you a perfect amount of updates. When i was a F2P i only had 1 update until i became a member. A few months into members F2ps are getting Updates 1 every 2 Months. Don`t be ranting, as all i ever had was stronghold of Security.Your lucky.

Really? Is the Party Room something we wanted? No, we're asking for years (years?) for bankspace and they give us the Party Room to give away stuff? Frankly, Clan Chat will be only used by people who are in clans. I'm not, alot of people ain't. So that's 1 update.

In MY opinion:

Wildy Capes- Yes, most PKing is done on F2P.

Yew Bows / Rune Arrows- P2Ps just got the Dark Bow and Dragon Arrows, so why not?

More quests- 17 quests for 6 or something years isn't good... But not too much. 3 high-level quests are great, Dragon Slayer is the one that challenges the most.

More bank space- Just fill that stupid half line.

Skill Capes- Not so sure. Maybe not, it'll make 99er's wanting to pay to show off.

Being able to post in the official forums- NO, NEVER, NUNCA. If it ain't already bad, you'd want it to become worse?

I understand for skillcapes, in fact, even members did without it before the update didn't they?

Now for the forums, I beg to differ. If you have a total level requirement, or say, two or three 60+ skills, or something alike, you'd have more reasonable people in the forums that could suggest awesome things and provide sane-ish feedback.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I was using my mother computer over at her house when i was typing, sorry for any misspellings you see, there isnt a level limit there is a limit on things you can do.. so i still win and i dont lose...

lets see, wiki? anyone can change anything on wiki.. wiki is not fact, just so everyone knows that, but all you did was explain some words that dont mean anything when it comes to this, you explained trial in different terms then gaming terms, i still win with my letter from jagex, it is in fact a trial of the full game

and regardless of mod intellect knowing that this f2p is a trial is obvious

vyronf3.png

I was using my mother computer over at her house when i was typing, sorry for any misspellings you see, there isnt a level limit there is a limit on things you can do.. so i still win and i dont lose...

lets see, wiki? anyone can change anything on wiki.. wiki is not fact, just so everyone knows that, but all you did was explain some words that dont mean anything when it comes to this, you explained trial in different terms then gaming terms, i still win with my letter from jagex, it is in fact a trial of the full game

and regardless of mod intellect knowing that this f2p is a trial is obvious

I have come to a way to settle this trial argument. F2P is a different kind of trial. End of story. Let's get back to the main point of the topic, it's what they (or we) sould have, not what F2P is.

being that it "is" a trial, makes this topic not matter, it being a trial means they dont even need to get updates or anything, the fact that they can level skills all they want and play all they want makes it the best trial i have ever seen, so i dont see any need for them to get anything, even when im f3p or have a f2p account i always know its just a trial and im getting more then all the other games i could be playing in a trial

vyronf3.png

being that it "is" a trial, makes this topic not matter, it being a trial means they dont even need to get updates or anything, the fact that they can level skills all they want and play all they want makes it the best trial i have ever seen, so i dont see any need for them to get anything, even when im f3p or have a f2p account i always know its just a trial and im getting more then all the other games i could be playing in a trial

F3P? Is that one of Jagex highly malevolent plans to get our money or a misspelling? I'd choose the second choice, but the first one is nicer. Try to crite worrectly.

Can we stop talking about trials? It's making me sick, in both of annoyance and your incapability of knowing what a trial truly is.

A movie is $12

A month of runescape membership is 5$

What is cheaper?

and what will entertain you longer?

A movie - $7

A month of RS membership - $12

Knowing that you aren't wasting money on a Video game that you could play for free - Priceless

It isn't always $5 like it is in America. For Australians it is up to $12. Which adds up over time.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

A movie is $12

A month of runescape membership is 5$

What is cheaper?

and what will entertain you longer?

The movie, because you'd go and buy the DVD that you only have to pay once.

People think it's just $5. In Brazil, here, it's $10, because the dollar is around 2,09.

"crite worrectly"

im not the only one that hits the wrong key am i, its a trial get over it, no matter how sick it makes you its a trial!!!! i know what a trial is your just some little kid who has never had any exp in game trials,just because it doesn't have a time or level limit on the skills does not make it the game, p2p is not an expansion, its the full game, please go ask some mods this is in fact a trial, and just because your mad that im right all the time does not make the need for you to make fun of my spelling or mistakes, maybe it makes your 12 year old brain feel better to do so.

now.. just because you look up the definition of a word does not mean that those are the only definitions especially because you used wiki... so.

and as for the movie thing.. you get to watch a movie for what 2 hours? and if its good maybe a few more times.. but you cant compare the movie to a mmo so lets compare some mmos...

FF11: $40 + $12 a month.. 30 day free trial

WoW: $40 + $14 a month.. 15 day free trial

RO: $12 a month.. 15 day free trial

RS: $5 a month... inf day free trial

just like the movie to a game this makes no since to say what so ever.. but im just showing what you could have to spend to play rs...

so.. f2p is owed nothing at all, they dont pay for any service and they are in a trial, thats like playing WoW and saying "we want 90 days free trial!!" its stupid and pointless..

so go get 5 buck and pay for the full game and stop the crying about what you dont have in the trial version of the game (yes its a trial ask a mod and stop fighting me on this i even have a pic on my other post)

vyronf3.png

"crite worrectly"

im not the only one that hits the wrong key am i, its a trial get over it, no matter how sick it makes you its a trial!!!! i know what a trial is your just some little kid who has never had any exp in game trials,just because it doesn't have a time or level limit on the skills does not make it the game, p2p is not an expansion, its the full game, please go ask some mods this is in fact a trial, and just because your mad that im right all the time does not make the need for you to make fun of my spelling or mistakes, maybe it makes your 12 year old brain feel better to do so.

now.. just because you look up the definition of a word does not mean that those are the only definitions especially because you used wiki... so.

and as for the movie thing.. you get to watch a movie for what 2 hours? and if its good maybe a few more times.. but you cant compare the movie to a mmo so lets compare some mmos...

FF11: $40 + $12 a month.. 30 day free trial

WoW: $40 + $14 a month.. 15 day free trial

RO: $12 a month.. 15 day free trial

RS: $5 a month... inf day free trial

just like the movie to a game this makes no since to say what so ever.. but im just showing what you could have to spend to play rs...

so.. f2p is owed nothing at all, they dont pay for any service and they are in a trial, thats like playing WoW and saying "we want 90 days free trial!!" its stupid and pointless..

so go get 5 buck and pay for the full game and stop the crying about what you dont have in the trial version of the game (yes its a trial ask a mod and stop fighting me on this i even have a pic on my other post)

I do not give a damn to what the Mods say, it's their and your point of view. I do not see it as a trial, but you do. Little kid? Don't go calling people little kids. I may be 12, however I'm not little (I know what you mean, but by "little"'s normal means, I'm 1m71) and neither a kid, atleast I am a preteen. Never had exp at game trials? I don't play them, I only play "demos" or "trials" if it's something I like. P2P is an "expansion" to the "main game", you pay, you get it. Or just a part of the game. I'm not mad at this. I'm mad because stupidity and ignorance exist in this dimension. I wasn't making fun of your spelling, damnit, I was joking, I also do spelling mistakes. Teh, taht, Linkin PArk, whatever.

I knew the exact meaning of trial long before I used wikis. And Wikis try to help, and they gather the most information possible.

If you can't compare a movie to a MMO, say that to redek. And it's not 2 hours. It's the years my childhood wasted watching The Lion King.

Once again, I don't give a damn to other MMO's. This is RuneScape. Leave WoW and it's brethren alone, RS isn't like that. And FF11 sucks, by the way.

How dare you. How dare you show ignorance towards the other posts of the topic? It's not 5 bucks everywhere. In here (glorious marvelous and whateverlous Brazil), it's twice the price. I'd pay, no problem, but what about credit cards? The other ways as well.

Don't. Give. A. Damn. About. The. Damn. Pic.

I shall stop fighting you, if we cease this stupid argument. Agreed?

fishing with bare hands and MORE BANK SPACE!!

:lol:

If i got 1gp for everytime sum1 said the word "noob",I would have a full p hat set.

nahhh ill continue mis-spelling

iqrasoft.jpeg

^!click for blog!^

sigs by: woopidoo2|yaff2|4be2jue|me|guthix121

i think that f2p should get a little more bankspace and maybe one new quest cause members have like 100 quests f2p only has like 12 or w/e i dont think they should get anything else to be honest except maybe they should add a couple new monsters in f2p in a random little town thingy

Well. Finally somewhere to rant.

I've played runescape since the week it came out, 6 or something years ago (with my off times) and I personally think Jagex should give more things to F2P.

• [*:wjh2nl7v]For one thing, throughout 6 years of playing, they've added only 1 quest. I'd like to see some more.

[*:wjh2nl7v]Fletching: The ability to shoot arrows is both a Member, and non-member thing...so why can't we both make them...At least arrows. Limit it past Addy or Mith?

[*:wjh2nl7v]Skill Capes: It's not impossible for Non-members to get 99 in a skill, and if they do it's worth more because they don't have benefits of members that make it faster...hence it deserves recognition.

[*:wjh2nl7v]More bankspace. We equal things that have to be stored. We don't even have 1/10th of what members have. Even 5 more slots would make a difference.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Earn59.png

Earn59.png

untitled6kv7.gif

To be perfectly honest when it comes to F2P the most important factor to look at is that Jagex is a business.

I am all for updates for F2P but it has to be appropriate, the game survives from membership, an update given to F2P cannot be of such which would stop or lower the demand for people to become members.

You may wonder why they give F2P the party hall!? well when you look at it, it was never considered a high members benifit, and as a F2P feature it reduced on some type of scam, which in turn keep players in the game, and grow respect..... and thus attract more members.

Every update needs to be considered carfully, graphics update prove over and over again to be attractive to new players and so grow more members, and so thats why F2P can get graphics updates.

However when you talk about new skills, skill capes, more quests etc.... it will have a negative effect on the business, as peopel would have less desire to become a member.

So my overall view which i feel is very fair is...... give free players updates when it will cause no damage to the business.

sig2webzx7.jpg

To be perfectly honest when it comes to F2P the most important factor to look at is that Jagex is a business.

I am all for updates for F2P but it has to be appropriate, the game survives from membership, an update given to F2P cannot be of such which would stop or lower the demand for people to become members.

You may wonder why they give F2P the party hall!? well when you look at it, it was never considered a high members benifit, and as a F2P feature it reduced on some type of scam, which in turn keep players in the game, and grow respect..... and thus attract more members.

Every update needs to be considered carfully, graphics update prove over and over again to be attractive to new players and so grow more members, and so thats why F2P can get graphics updates.

However when you talk about new skills, skill capes, more quests etc.... it will have a negative effect on the business, as peopel would have less desire to become a member.

So my overall view which i feel is very fair is...... give free players updates when it will cause no damage to the business.

You make some good points. :-k

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

You make some good points. :-k

Bobbington always does

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

That's for sure. But... one more quest won't stop people from getting members! If they like the quest, there's chances they go and get a membership, unless they can't! Same goes for bankspace, a new skill, maybe not skillcapes.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!