Range And Mage Training

Angelic

Heya, currently working on a pure and wondering on what/where to train a few things...

Stats atm are

47 Atk, 56 Str

67 Mage

42 Range

56 HP

47 Combat

1 Prayer

At the moment my goals are 60 Atk/Str, 80 Range/Mage at which point I will Chin/Burst to 99 Range/Mage and get 88-90 Strength. Want to collect charms while leveling for when/if I ever train summoning, and approx how many charms would 80-99 Magic Get Me, and 42-80 Range (If I cannon Wallaskis?)

Getting 70 Magic via Crumble Undead with SC Staffs, after that, not sure what to do until 80, vunerability/enfeeble/alch while I cannon?

Planning on getting 42-80 Range via Cannon only, just not sure where to go, Rock Crabs? Is there anywhere else I can go that will get my any charms/decent loot? Will eventually be getting prayer up for pking (smite etc), can do that right away if needed for a better cannoning spot...also, what would be the best accuracy bonus for my levels for cannoning? D Scim+God Book?

Finally...where should I level melee? At Al-Kharid Warriors atm and seem to be pretty good, anywhere that would be better for me now? And what about once I'm 60 Attack/Str?

::: Using SC Weps atm, purely due to the fact I can afk SC while skyping/reading/watching a movie or gaming, so don't really clasify it as time lost or that could have been spent training.

thanks!

Angelic_Whim.png

I would sure get more than 60 strength, but that's up to you of course.

80-99 magic would be ~11m xp or, say, 60k bursts? That'd be around 15k crimsons, plus assorted other charms, enough to get you a unicorn (maybe close to a wolpertinger).

42-80 ranged @ wallasalkis would be a bad idea unless you had a very high prayer level already (well, 50+), and even then. Try to get at least 50 ranged for a magic short bow. The ~1.9m ranged xp you'd get would net you quite a few blue charms but I'm not sure how many.

Melee training at one defence is a huge pain. You can try rock crabs, or perhaps something with protect melee once you get that.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

For cannoning, I, yet again have to pick an unusual place, that being the green drags out in the wildy. They're quick, easy to kill, and the pray xp alone off the bones will net you 60pray at least. For maging, I'd suggest the black knights in taverley dungeon. They're easy to kill, are within steps of an altar, and drop tons of stackables...

div>

For cannoning, I, yet again have to pick an unusual place, that being the green drags out in the wildy. They're quick, easy to kill, and the pray xp alone off the bones will net you 60pray at least. For maging, I'd suggest the black knights in taverley dungeon. They're easy to kill, are within steps of an altar, and drop tons of stackables...

Considering the poster is level 47 combat, suggesting green dragons is rather... stupid. I would also not suggest using dragon bones if you do not have an altar at your house. Although it may be the highest prayer xp/bone you have access to, you are still losing quite a bit of money. You can easily make up the amount of prayer experience from dragon bones and more if you were to sell the dragon bones and then purchase big bones.

All in all, if some one is using a cannon or just training combat at a low level, they should go to rock crabs. Pretty much rock crabs will be the best thing to kill at a low combat level because you will have no risk of death, there are many of them, and they have a low amount of defense and a high amount of health.

Unicornus.png

Cash is of no concern to me really, I can get it as I need it easily enough via flipping/merching once it's back...60 Strength is only until I get to 80 Range/Mage, as that way all my combat levels can/will influence my combat...and as for prayer I'll be using someones altar, probably frost dragon bones (like 200 frost bones from 0-43 prayer, not including any quests)

How are the ogres in lathas' cage for cannoning? If no good I'll just go to rock crabs till at least 70, then not sure where I'll go 70-80 (any suggestions? Aviansies with prayer any good?), maybe with or without cannon. If the Walla's are going to be a complete waste I won't do them, for the most part I'll be reading or doing other stuff when cannoning so may just be chilling out with a Gmaul/Dscimmy+Godbook for the accuracy bonus to the cannon.

Estimating 80-99 magic at around 55-60mil for runes alone then. Also, is there a max on the dmg % of magic? May end up getting a Dung gear to hybrid with..

Also, any estimation on amount of chins for 80-99 range? Guessing similar price to mage? Or less? Will not have void either so that will affect me a lot.

Thanks for replys.

Angelic_Whim.png

Cash is of no concern to me really, I can get it as I need it easily enough via flipping/merching once it's back...60 Strength is only until I get to 80 Range/Mage, as that way all my combat levels can/will influence my combat...and as for prayer I'll be using someones altar, probably frost dragon bones (like 200 frost bones from 0-43 prayer, not including any quests)

How are the ogres in lathas' cage for cannoning? If no good I'll just go to rock crabs till at least 70, then not sure where I'll go 70-80 (any suggestions? Aviansies with prayer any good?), maybe with or without cannon. If the Walla's are going to be a complete waste I won't do them, for the most part I'll be reading or doing other stuff when cannoning so may just be chilling out with a Gmaul/Dscimmy+Godbook for the accuracy bonus to the cannon.

Estimating 80-99 magic at around 55-60mil for runes alone then. Also, is there a max on the dmg % of magic? May end up getting a Dung gear to hybrid with..

Also, any estimation on amount of chins for 80-99 range? Guessing similar price to mage? Or less? Will not have void either so that will affect me a lot.

Thanks for replys.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/222890-melee-ranging-and-two-slight-diversions/

That guide has a chart with approximate # of chins from level to level. Just check that vs. the ge price.

I'm 99% sure there's no damage cap for %damage increase for mage. If you've done waterfall and have the dg level and don't care about burning cash you could cannon fire giants in the resource dungeon while ranging them across the gap.

If you need to use an altar and I'm online feel free to pm me. My in game name is Tieszen.

If you can stomach it get void + deflector. it's invaluable.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Thanks for the link! Around 40mil for the Chins then, and I'll definetely check out the resource dung as that would be a great place, will eventually get 70+ anyway. Thanks for replies...should be all i need for now :)

Angelic_Whim.png