if you only lived once

foursideking

I've been thinking, and had an interesting open-question: let's say jagex introduced a new rule where if you died, your account would be reset back to starting levels/setup, would you still treat the game the same?

I personally would over-prepare for everything....

div>

If that was the case there'd be like no players.

Until you hit endgame levels dying is like a given you die fairly frequently. Heck you prob die like once a day in the early levels

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If that was the case there'd be like no players.

Until you hit endgame levels dying is like a given you die fairly frequently. Heck you prob die like once a day in the early levels

I would agree, unless maybe if they gave you the option to choose rather or not you want to only live once or die as much as you want, like Diablo 2's Hardcore mode, then it might be a little more interesting.

But I don't think it would really work for a game that requires so much work to build your character. Hundreds of days could be wiped by a simple mistake... huge heart breaker in my opinion lol. If the rule did exist and I was still interested in playing, then I would never try hard quests or bosses like GWD. It would be too much for me. >_<

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

What Sy_Accursed said. It would drive away so many new players. When you first start the game you don't know how things work, you're not used to the game mechanics, you don't know what to do, etc. It's not uncommon to die pretty often and to continue having to start over would really put people down. When I was a new player I got frustrated enough when I lost my items when I died. So if my stats got reset too, I probably would have quit years ago.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah there wouldn't be any players XD or minigames (activities) for that matter.

I'd love it if Jagex adopted the Guild Wars approach to death though. Where if you die, you respawn at one of the nearby shrines. It's similar to what we have now, only you wouldn't lose anything, and the shrines are much, much closer compared to the respawn locations we have in Runescape :thumbup:

2vuhgcn.png

Lol...this would truly be an interesting thing though. New idea: they would reset stats back to the nearest multiple of 10. Would you still play?

Eh, still a lot to lose. Possibly, but then those with multiple 99's will hate it. Maybe reset your experience back to your last level (e.g. you're 100k from 99 cooking, you'd get reset back down to a flat 98). That way people with 99 won't have to worry as much.

Lol...this would truly be an interesting thing though. New idea: they would reset stats back to the nearest multiple of 10. Would you still play?

That wouldnt be any better.

consider 92 is half way to 99 xp wise.

Reset ur way wuld take all 90s bk down to lvl 90.

So u'd be taking over 50% of the xp from a lvl 99

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah there wouldn't be any players XD or minigames (activities) for that matter.

I'd love it if Jagex adopted the Guild Wars approach to death though. Where if you die, you respawn at one of the nearby shrines. It's similar to what we have now, only you wouldn't lose anything, and the shrines are much, much closer compared to the respawn locations we have in Runescape :thumbup:

There's got to be some risk involved in it though.

EDIT: To add to what Sy_Accursed's post above. It doesn't only apply to level 90+ either. Remember that every 7-8 levels, you double the xp you have currently. Thus dying at any given point has the chance of over halving your xp in any given skill.

It would be awesome if there was some type of reward while you were in this hardcore mode.. perhaps 10x xp as compensation?

You wouldnt be able to switch your character between Hardcore and normal.

If this were the case, so many pures would go this route.

Interesting. :thumbup:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

It would be awesome if there was some type of reward while you were in this hardcore mode.. perhaps 10x xp as compensation?

You wouldnt be able to switch your character between Hardcore and normal.

If this were the case, so many pures would go this route.

Interesting. :thumbup:

I don't think they would, pretty much no PKers would as far as my logical thought tells me. If you're putting yourself into a position whereby you face a serious risk of dying then it seems absolutely ridiculous to imagine a player opting in to losing their stats if and when they died.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me