Adventurer's Log Stat Lookup/Signatures

Hi,

i recently started a new account and wanted to make a blog for it. When looking, i was disappointed to be unable to find signatures based on your Adventurer's Log stats instead of your hiscore stats. Adv. Log stats show unranked stats, not only those over a certain level. Being a very low level, i wasn't able to use standard hiscore stat signatures. So i decided to try and make it myself.

I started in VB.NET (which i am most familiar with) and i was able to make a program to simply download the source of the Adv. Log dependent on the username entered. It would then parse the different stats from this source and display them. Here is a quick video of that, it is fairly quick as you can see:

http://www.screencast.com/users/HaxMuch/folders/Jing/media/89965725-80c3-4ff1-9864-40c3873cf9b8

I started to convert this to PHP, which i am not AS experienced in as i am VB.NET but i am still capable, and i have now finished. Of course, i haven't perfected it yet and i am still working on converting it to an image, but at the moment it is working well. It uses GET data from the URL to get the username and then downloads the user's Adv. Log source. It then performs all the same processes as the VB.NET version to extract the stats and echos them onto the page.

Here is another short video showing speed/what it looks like so far:

http://www.screencast.com/users/HaxMuch/folders/Jing/media/0def9328-6845-4735-9e10-d7516566c5c7

I will be working on it still, and will hopefully finish it off and be able to use it straight off the mark. Just wanted to know whether Tip.It would be interested in using it.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Wow this is really good work. Rank reqs are so high nowadays, so it will be very useful for new players for sure!

Thanks :) I hope Tip.It accept the idea and it can help a few people out.

Here is the signature design i made to test it with:

ickwQc.png

I have now finished. I can't find a free webhost that allows the use of fopen which means i can't give an example.

GuidesForScapers.png

000webhost is free.

I can host too, i have MySql with SqlBuddy installed, as well as PHP 5.0 and something else.

No domain so far but it is running on http://blackrack.no-ip.org/

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great idea, I've thought of this before but didn't do it (reason below).

Been an owner of a prestige signature generator website I can see you getting lots of help and success from it.

Reason I didn't add this; Because people can turn the AdvLog system "off", however, I did think maybe it could check the AdvLog first, then if no results use the old hiscores, maybe you should do that, hope I helped in some way :)

This is a great idea, I've thought of this before but didn't do it (reason below).

Been an owner of a prestige signature generator website I can see you getting lots of help and success from it.

Reason I didn't add this; Because people can turn the AdvLog system "off", however, I did think maybe it could check the AdvLog first, then if no results use the old hiscores, maybe you should do that, hope I helped in some way :)

I could probably set it up to do that, never thought about it :o Thanks for the idea :P

Thanks Nikolai, but i am going to be getting my own hosting for this i think.

GuidesForScapers.png

• 2 months later...

I considered it when Adventurer's Logs first came out (yes, I did notice that they show all stats), but the reason it wasn't done at the time was that the Adventurer's Log loading times were so sloooooow (like 3-4 seconds for a page load), which would have meant it took a while to grab stats initially, leading to users thinking things were broken and refreshing, causing more pings to be sent out to Adventurer's Logs trying to get stats etc. like an endless circle. If they've sped up however, I'll reconsider doing it.

EDIT: Just checked and it's now significantly faster than it used to be.

I don't know how, but my unranked stats are already displayed, same as with runetracker. I think jagex made some changed to the highscores when they updated it. It could be that this is no longer needed (unless it only does stats above 30)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how, but my unranked stats are already displayed, same as with runetracker. I think jagex made some changed to the highscores when they updated it. It could be that this is no longer needed (unless it only does stats above 30)

Still wondering how this works, would love a reply :)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Yes Jagex now includes unranked stats exp/levels in the high scores lite feed.

Thanks for the reply :D That solves it :) I thought maybe you tracked the adventure logs.

Retired item crew