New Reward?

roanlo

I read in the FAQ a week ago there would be new rewards to those activities which take you to the wilderness.

I didn't see anything about new rewards in the update post. Did they scrap the idea?

I remember reading it as enchanced rewards like a (not true figures) 1.2x multiplyer on the fire networks.

However, seeing as the XP reward was increased for summer's end portals you can revisit the planes to gain the exp difference(if you've already got it)

1yrb49.jpg

Ok, so only the summer quest portals and the fire networks were increased?

I've only done half of the beacon network, but i've gone to all the other portals though. Thanks.

Yeah the seem to of largely scrapped the idea.

Activites tht were in wildy way bk when got no bonuses.

Then most moved out.

For the quests they created instanced areas that are safe; interesting factoid by talking to the captain guy even AFTER the quest tht unlocks AZs he will escourt you to a 100% safe non wildy instanced area for the AZ dungeon, ergo AZ's just got a lot less crowded.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hmm. Well I got my extra xp from all the portals. That's good.

Nice to know I can get quick transport to the Armoured Zombies. Safe isn't what I care about. People overreact about that, Wildy is harmless.

Aside from the fact pk gorups camp obvious spots such as AZs entrance to jump unsuspecting ppl n pwn them.

But aside from tht AZs insstanced that means you will ALWAYS be on your own in the dungeon, which means no more fighting for spots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Pkers don't worry me. Don't bring what you aint willing to lose. Not incredibly hard to get away from 1 person, and you should be able to see if a group is coming. I really am not bothered in the slightest.

Thanks for that info about the AZ being instanced though!

How you are meant to see if a group is coming if they are waiting at AZs entrance and you pop up the ladder to recharge prayer may I ask?

I know this is mere hypothetical since its instanced now; but you attitude thought right in some ways seems overly dismissive and cocky given the whole perceived problem with AZs in wildy is people camping up top, you're down below and have no idea who or what is up there and need to go up to grab a pray recharge and for all you know you could be instantly teleblocked and frozen when you do so.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No offense sy, but aren't you overreacting a bit? Sure, people could camp above az's, but they could also camp anywhere else. They could camp just outside the rev dungeon entrances and kill people waiting to get in, or they could wait for people just outside the wildy lever. Az's wouldn't have become more dangerous if they hadn't made it safe, the fear of pkers would've just increased...

div>

I'm just saying its a bit naive to take the view, with something like AZs in particular, that it doesn't matter at all because u can see a group coming or you can dodge 1 pker because when popping up for prayer you are going in totally blind as it were.

Sure pkers can camp anywhere and its the same in many places, pkers are usually fairly easy to dodge or see coming. I just meant exclusively the idea of coming up blind from a safe dungeon to plain wildy, in a place likely to be a camping hotspot, can hardly be written off in the same way dodging pkers to get into a place can be.

Afterall you can dodge a group you can see way off on the map, but you can't dodge a group you have no idea are there who are purposefully waiting outside a dungeon like that for someone to appear.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This is why az's would've become so more strategic, and how your view is a bit off. Let's say one day me and 3 people were at az's, and one guy there runs out of prayer. He pops up, and comes back at half health, or worse, doesn't come back at all. Isn't that enough 'radar' to assume that there's a camp just up the ladder? There are some times when you can't use normal radar. For everything else, there's dummy-scouts...

div>

This is why az's would've become so more strategic, and how your view is a bit off. Let's say one day me and 3 people were at az's, and one guy there runs out of prayer. He pops up, and comes back at half health, or worse, doesn't come back at all. Isn't that enough 'radar' to assume that there's a camp just up the ladder? There are some times when you can't use normal radar. For everything else, there's dummy-scouts...

For everything else, there's Visa.

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

And then does it become a bluffing match to see who's willing to out wait all the others to regain their prayer? Or perhaps just stubbornly keep hopping worlds until you find a world where you just happen to see a person go up and die/come down severely hurt? If AZs were unsafe, then people would eventually catch on to being the "dummy scout".

It could even mutate into even smarter PKers who have a member of their pack go down and kill a few while they wait up top. Once their bait has safely gone up and recharged, it would alert others to do the same, falling into the trap.

Yeah the whole dummy-scout thing works but its still not quite as safe or as write off able as self-scouting while on surface.

But this is getting off topic since this is all hypothetical

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Anyways, to get back on topic: kbd, corp, and chaos elemental have all had their drop tables restructured to allow for better consistancy of good drops, most quests/mini-quests revolving around wildy have had their xp amounts increased, and most of the minigames have been transferred north of fally. Question answered?

div>

Specifically about the beacon network:

The original quote from the FAQ was;

"Post quest rewards like the beacon network and spirit of summer portals will remain in the wilderness, with some gaining extra rewards to compensate for the extra risk. Players who already have the original reward can return to collect the bonus we have added."

Note that it only said "some" of the post-quest features would get new rewards. The portals for the Spirit of Summer quests have been given additional XP.

The developers do intend to add some additional rewards/upgrade existing rewards for the Beacon Network but not at the very moment.

~ MMH ~

?15,16,680,62273730"]Source

Well... Didn't mean to start this argument. Me not having a worry of the wilderness shouldn't have you react that i'm cocky and other hypothetical things.

Thanks Sinkhanm, didn't see the "still working on it" part when I read before. I have patience.

"My question is now answered"