Graphics Cards

Emp75

So I decided to purchase Dragon Age Origins off steam and I looked at the specs. The recommended graphics card is: ATI 3850 512 MB or NVidia 8800GTS 512MB or greater.

My cousin told me that my graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550) is worse. Is that true? And how would you guys rate my graphics card?

Yes, it's not as powerful.

But since it's a laptop you will have to make do with it and just play the game on the best setting possible.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-geforce-gtx-560-ti-gaming-graphics-card,2857-7.html

Check that site out, they're pretty good on testing card and everything. Your card isn't on the chart anymore :( but it will give you a good idea of what to look for.

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

You can't change the graphics card in most laptops.

^ As far as i know this is true because on most laptops the graphics card/chipset is integrated into the motherboard, therefore cant replace/upgrade :blink: . Some of the newer, high-end gaming laptops I've seen do have a dedicated card, that *MIGHT* be replaceable. :thumbsup:

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

my laptop is just a standard use one, but it has an HD graphics card that supports most new games :D

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Actually most dedicated laptop GPU's are integrated on the motherboard too. It just means that it has it's own RAM to run off on.

There's really no easy workaround other than buying a new laptop if you're trying to upgrade mobile graphics chips.

• 3 weeks later...

Though it may be out of your price range/desire for a project, I'd recommend building a new computer. Buying all the parts yourself will cost you $500-$700 and you will make a good system IF you do it correctly. Ask for help and a lot of it. They can be upgraded as time goes by as well.