Laptop Problem

JeRambo

Hello

A few days ago my laptop fan started being very loud and wouldn't stop. I tried turning the laptop on/off but after a few minutes it would keep going really loud.

I took the cover of my laptop off and cleaned it. There was quite a bit of dust. Fan problem still exists..

It sounds like the fan is hitting against something slightly and it drones..sometimes I have to hit the top of the fan repeatedly for it to stop or quiet down a little..(I know this isn't good) When I push down on top of the fan it goes louder or when I move the screen around.

This is very annoying and every time I put my laptop on sleep and go on again later, I spend a long time trying to stop it.

My fan is also running the whole time..should this be?

I tightened all the screws by the fan, and right now it's not very loud, but it could change any minute..my CPU is also constantly running at around 60..sometimes spiking.

Any ideas? Help?

thx :P..lol

(im not that good with computers)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Hello

A few days ago my laptop fan started being very loud and wouldn't stop. I tried turning the laptop on/off but after a few minutes it would keep going really loud.

I took the cover of my laptop off and cleaned it. There was quite a bit of dust. Fan problem still exists..

It sounds like the fan is hitting against something slightly and it drones..sometimes I have to hit the top of the fan repeatedly for it to stop or quiet down a little..(I know this isn't good) When I push down on top of the fan it goes louder or when I move the screen around.

This is very annoying and every time I put my laptop on sleep and go on again later, I spend a long time trying to stop it.

My fan is also running the whole time..should this be?

I tightened all the screws by the fan, and right now it's not very loud, but it could change any minute..my CPU is also constantly running at around 60..sometimes spiking.

Any ideas? Help?

thx :P..lol

(im not that good with computers)

I don't think it's good to sleep computers for longer periods of time (overnight, or generally 6+ hours) as constant sleeping and never shutting down can cause decreased life to the system.

As for some of your questions: yes your fan should be running the whole time unless you like 100degreesCelcius on you legs (even if you do you're hardware doesn't) I'm not too savvy on this part but would moving stuff out of the fans way help?, how you described it sounds like it hits something and then whirs loudly?, I'm not too sure.

If all else fails you could try putting in a different fan and see if the problem continues. If not it was just the ware and tear of that product.

1yrb49.jpg

It's a laptop not computer you know that right?

Thanks for the sleep tip..I'll try turning it off more..

There's nothing in the ways of the fan by the way. And no it didn't hit anything..

I tried taking the fan out, but it's connected too much to the other stuff I think..it sounds like it's slightly scraping against something inside.

i've had the laptop for like 3 years, i think

(thanks for your help)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I don't think it's good to sleep computers for longer periods of time (overnight, or generally 6+ hours) as constant sleeping and never shutting down can cause decreased life to the system.

Completely false.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Completely false.

If you have an older computer, it is good to restart it once in a while to clear the memory though.

Is your computer an HP? This happened to my brother recently (3 months after purchase). The fan got really loud then one day before Windows loaded it said that the fan wasn't operating properly. The temp stabled at ~80 degrees so we sent it to HP. They replaced the fan and the hard drive, and now it works fine.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Completely false.

If you have an older computer, it is good to restart it once in a while to clear the memory though.

Right, but that has nothing to do with the longevity of the computer. According to iStat, I haven't shutdown in 22 days; everything works fine.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Completely false.

Right, but that has nothing to do with the longevity of the computer. According to iStat, I haven't shutdown in 22 days; everything works fine.

It depends on a lot of things, but 22 days is nothing at all, with any OS. He was talking about the number of year/months the computer will work, not days.

Completely false.

It depends on a lot of things, but 22 days is nothing at all, with any OS. He was talking about the number of year/months the computer will work, not days.

I know. Having your computer sleep for 6+ hours a day isn't going to slowly kill it.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Completely false.

I know. Having your computer sleep for 6+ hours a day isn't going to slowly kill it.

Exactly. I let mine sleep 8 hours+ twice daily, with a full restart monthly, for the past 4 years and it hasn't had anything go wrong.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Completely false.

Exactly. I let mine sleep 8 hours+ twice daily, with a full restart monthly, for the past 4 years and it hasn't had anything go wrong.

Yeah sleeping > shutting down tbh as shutting down and powering back up causes extra "strain" to hdd in particular that wears them out sooner.

Also more likely to kill off mobo as the "surge" of power when u first turn on is more likely to short it than just being in sleep state.

etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue